Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Options
    Poor tonight
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Leaburn should sign the contract extension as soon as possible if I was him, while he can get a pay rise 
    Not many clubs will be comming in for him in January  as they have seen he is not the finished product by  a mile, no where near ready for higher level first team starts.
    Yeah, better sign that contract extension or he will be stacking shelves in Lidl this summer. 

Behave you simpleton 

(Tbf Leaburn was crap tonight)
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Leaburn should sign the contract extension as soon as possible if I was him, while he can get a pay rise 
    Not many clubs will be comming in for him in January  as they have seen he is not the finished product by  a mile, no where near ready for higher level first team starts.
    I wouldn’t rule out interest from clubs who’d loan him out to continue his development.

He’s got a good goalscoring record, the potential is there, he mainly needs to work on his strength, touch and hold up play which should come from experience and good coaching.

If clubs wait until he’s developed that all round game they’ll either have missed out or can afford an even bigger fee than the one we’ll eventually sell him for.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Man City and Tedic is an example of why teams wont wait to see for Leaburn to become the finished product.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Yeah, better sign that contract extension or he will be stacking shelves in Lidl this summer. 

Behave you simpleton 

Nothing wrong with stacking shelves.
  • Options
    Poor tonight
    Very similar to the game at Stevenage when they played a back 5 against us. It does seem like our attacking focus to try and find Campbell & CBT and look for crosses to Leaburn from the byline. 

Personally, would drop Leaburn and go back May up top on his own and bring in Camera to make the midfield harder to play against. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:

Behave you simpleton 

Nothing wrong with stacking shelves.

Do you think the point of my comment was denigrating stacking shelves?
  • Options
    He wants the ball into his feet not in the air, where he has to battle lumps of defenders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He wants the ball into his feet not in the air, where he has to battle lumps of defenders.
    That was his job tonight, so do it. Has had the air of ‘can’t be arsed’ in a couple of games, because it’s not how he wants to play. 
    He’s such a talent and a lovely lad but he needs to cut that out.

• Options
    He's quality but we're far too reliant on him when he's still so early in his career. Same can be said for most of our youngsters 
  • Options
    Always seems to struggle when starting as a central striker. Start Tedic on Saturday and let Miles make his impact from the bench. 
  • Options
    I don’t think Leaburn is half as good as a lot of Charlton fans think he is. Will end up a reasonable lower league player, but is not destined for great things. IMO.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Leaburn slumbered through tonight.

Static. Ball watching. No movement across the front line, no dragging defenders out of position.
    Come on, Miles. Get involved. 

Agreed - he was the worst of a bad bunch tonight - he shows flashes of brilliance but I’ve seen way too many performances like this from him 
  • Options
    masicat said:
    I don’t think Leaburn is half as good as a lot of Charlton fans think he is. Will end up a reasonable lower league player, but is not destined for great things. IMO.
    Change Leaburn to 99% of our academy players .

• Options
    edited October 2023
    masicat said:
    What do you mean by lower league, Championship or League 1?
  • Options
    I think he’ll stay this season but be gone in the summer. If he remains fit he’ll score 20+ goals and attract bids in excess of £5 million. That’s enough money to buy a promotion out of league one. Getting it reinvested in the team though is quite a different matter. 

Miles is 20 next month so is still learning but at the moment other than when coming on as Sub he still looks raw.
    He needs to get stronger and it was May who was in the right position for the cafc goal last night. 
    In excess of £5 million looks a good deal for Cafc but that will only happen if Miles form can be more consistent and he improves so there is more than one team interested and an auction takes place behind the scenes.

The fear is a low bid with adds ons for goals and apps is accepted and we get around 1.5 million up front.

I personally feel that Kanu has more potential as a goal scorer with his better movement than Leaburn and with being a year younger at 19 next month I hope both Daniel and Miles have good careers with at least a season or two at Cafc BUT that doesn't happen often with our young strikers over the years who have any talent.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Poor tonight
    Very similar to the game at Stevenage when they played a back 5 against us. It does seem like our attacking focus to try and find Campbell & CBT and look for crosses to Leaburn from the byline. 

Personally, would drop Leaburn and go back May up top on his own and bring in Camera to make the midfield harder to play against. 

Agree with Camará and his energy playing more games.
    Possibly away from home but at the valley we have improved because we had the Job share of Leaburn and Aneke with May having more space and still getting into the box to score. 

Chuks is a big loss unless Tedic can play well as a central striker and May can still drift into the box.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2023
    On Saturday we will probably come up against the best CB in the league in Santos. I can’t see any benefit in starting Leaburn against Bolton. Unfortunately, the role we will need for him is probably too much for him at his current age. 

Starting May up top on his own isn’t very appealing but feel like it’s better to make us defensively sounder against better opposition.
  • Options
    Such a good compilation.  All sorts of different goals, headers, diving headers, thunderbolts, penalties, tap ins, one on ones... Everything.  
    Still has a long way to go but those that think he is over rated are wrong imo.
    Inconsistent, like most young players . 
  • Options
    Such a good compilation.  All sorts of different goals, headers, diving headers, thunderbolts, penalties, tap ins, one on ones... Everything.  
    I certainly don't think Leaburn is overated.
    As a sub, he comes on fired up, a real handful, gets a goal, assist, or key involvement. 

That's the player we believe and hope he is. 

Young players are by the nature of things inconsistant with a tendancy to lose concentration.
    Mistakes are part of their game. I know that. But that doesn't explain or excuse Leaburn's non-performance the other night at Lincoln. 

I would hope his manager has had a quiet word. And perhaps his Dad too. 

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I certainly don't think Leaburn is overated.
    As a sub, he comes on fired up, a real handful, gets a goal, assist, or key involvement. 

That's the player we believe and hope he is. 

Young players are by the nature of things inconsistant with a tendancy to lose concentration.
    Mistakes are part of their game. I know that. But that doesn't explain or excuse Leaburn's non-performance the other night at Lincoln. 

I would hope his manager has had a quiet word. And perhaps his Dad too. 

Pretty evident Apples thinks we need a lump up front - Miles isn’t that.  
  • Options
    masicat said:
    He’s already, at the very least, “a reasonable lower league player” at the age of 19. He has a 1/3 goal ratio in the league (goals to minutes must be pretty good too). 

He’s going to have a great career above the lower leagues, he’s ceiling is potentially Premier League. 
  • Options
    I'd be telling Chelsea to f**k off, if they released me just a few years ago.