Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2023
    Have missed Miles big time,good to see him back,  will he feature on Tuesday, or will he be saved to play against Stevenage?
  • Options
    Have missed Miles big time,good to see him back,  will he feature on Tuesday, or will he be saved to play against Stevenage?
    Both. He needs game time, play him on Tuesday ready for Stevenage 
  • Options
    May be an illusion but did Miles not look like he was a little bit taller?
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    No way is May 176cm tall. I'm 174 and I am almost certainly the same height as him or taller - using Leaburn as the measuring stick. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't go by anything online, for a players height or weight. 
  • Options
    Playing Miles at right-wing could arguably replace Rak-Sakyi's goals. Can see him scoring a lot from that position. 

It still seems like we don't make much use of his aerial threat. That should change. If he played for Wycombe, Stevenage or the like, they'd be utilising it to the max. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Playing Miles at right-wing could arguably replace Rak-Sakyi's goals. Can see him scoring a lot from that position. 

It still seems like we don't make much use of his aerial threat. That should change. If he played for Wycombe, Stevenage or the like, they'd be utilising it to the max. 
    Seems weird but playing him on the wing might help with the aerial threat thing. Can see him attacking deep corners in by CBT/Edun to either score/knock down for May. His opposition fullback will be much weaker in the air than a CB would be 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Chunes said:

Seems weird but playing him on the wing might help with the aerial threat thing. Can see him attacking deep corners in by CBT/Edun to either score/knock down for May. His opposition fullback will be much weaker in the air than a CB would be 
    Agreed, pretty sure it was his first goal for us last season where he got in at the back post and was much stronger and taller than the opposition fullback. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Looked to be limping off. Hope his position doesn't vary game to game as he's too good for that. Quiet showing today. Needs to watch a video of Aneke in the 2nd half to see what you can do with such a height/physique.
  • Options
    Miles has shown that he is an excellent finisher but the rest of his game is lacking thus far. Will reserve judgement till he has played in the middle for a few more games but the hype so far is outweighing the evidence. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    He played plenty of time down the middle last season and thought he looked a top player I can only think the counter attacking style of Holden / ability of Rak-Sakyi suited him better than having to play back to goal in this current set-up. 

He really struggled against Stevenage up top on his own (Assumed it was just a lack of match fitness).Maybe this is just next part of his game he needs to learn to become a top striker.

• Options
    Think he'd much more have suited the position Tedic was in tbh, although I'm not sure Tedic is a man for the CF lynchpin role either. We've stumbled on a formation that really needs the greatest sicknote in Charlton history to work, lol
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Think he'd much more have suited the position Tedic was in tbh, although I'm not sure Tedic is a man for the CF lynchpin role either. We've stumbled on a formation that really needs the greatest sicknote in Charlton history to work, lol
    I was thinking that too.
  • Options
    Completely agree. Wish people could keep things constructive.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    honestly the one that wound me up a bit was saying Chuks put Miles to shame today in his performance - how you gonna compare a 30 year old with 300 games against a 19 year old with barely 40? 
  • Options
    honestly the one that wound me up a bit was saying Chuks put Miles to shame today in his performance - how you gonna compare a 30 year old with 300 games against a 19 year old with barely 40? 
    A lot easier to make an impact against tired legs too. Didn’t see many complaints at Leaburn’s sub appearance on Tuesday 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nothing came off for leaburn today. It doesn't make him a poor player.
    Our crossing to him was also pretty poor. 
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Nothing came off for leaburn today. It doesn't make him a poor player.
    Exactly this^^.  What is it, his second season of senior football? We shouldn't be starting him week in week out at this stage in his career and expecting him to carry the front line
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Cory Gibbs would like a word
  • Options
    I think he’ll stay this season but be gone in the summer. If he remains fit he’ll score 20+ goals and attract bids in excess of £5 million. That’s enough money to buy a promotion out of league one. Getting it reinvested in the team though is quite a different matter. 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    mendonca said:
    Anybody know how his recovery is going or seen him around?

Sounds like Mullin got chopped in a friendly too...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66309735
    Mullin will blame the tories.
    Seems reasonable.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I'm not sure he has that much aerial threat.  He's taller than his Dad but nowhere near as imposing in the air.
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I'm not sure he has that much aerial threat.  He's taller than his Dad but nowhere near as imposing in the air.
    Carl had that knack of making the right runs in and around the six yard box for headers. Not seen that with Miles although I’m sure it will come. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I think he's proved he's pretty good with his head. He's scored a few headers when we've made chances for him. Agree he's probably not learned the dark arts of backing in / making it awkward for the defender.