Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2023
    https://instagram.com/taofiqolomowewe?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Surprised no Charlton fan has replied to his post from the game, trying to be a cool dude. Then again it was a goal kick and no foul, as the proof in number of weeks out shows. 
  • Options
    At least Chuks can just drop straight into his place…
  • Options
    You just know there is gonna be an October announcement that the injury hasn’t healed as they would have hoped so going to have an operation and be out till January. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    You just know there is gonna be an October announcement that the injury hasn’t healed as they would have hoped so going to have an operation and be out till January. 
    I'd probably use your energy to support Miles, than predicting the future!
  • Options
    Assume Kirk is staying and will play up front with May
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    How comes?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    At least Chuks can just drop straight into his place…
    On the treatment table.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Please god no
    doesnt challenge doesnt fight doesnt head the ball and isnt quick !!! 

Need 2 more and would love them to be 
    any of

Ladapo
    Nombe
    S. smith
    JCH
    A. collins
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Please god no

Need 2 more and would love them to be 
    any of

Ladapo
    Nombe
    S. smith
    JCH
    A. collins
    Love to think you are right, but worried I might be
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was a poor challenge and was a reaction to being mugged off by Leaburn's skill. I can understand that. It would be good to see an apology though. It might be worth knocking this friendly on the head despite the tradition if they are recklessly going to injure our players. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have the game next pre season.

Wouldn't be surprised if we sent an Under 23s side or something to games like this in the future. 
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    All we wanted was to get 45 minutes into Miles Leaburn's legs and normal service is resumed for injuries.
    Kanu could be involved more and another forward coming in on loan. A wide/central versatile forward would be best so we can adapt to whatever formation is used.
    Alfie May will be central judging by his goals for Cheltenham.
  • Options
    Just seen this. What a massive blow. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    And Ronnie told us it’s not serious if you can walk on it 😏.
    When I was in my early 20s, I broke a bone in my foot and walked (well, limped) the quarter of a mile back to the car. Thought I'd just sprained it so didn't bother going to A&E, so only found out I'd broken a couple of years later when I had to have it x-rayed after another accident.
    Poor Miles, I hope it's just a minor sprain, and he won't be out too long.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    aliwibble said:
    RedChaser said:
    When I was in my early 20s, I broke a bone in my foot and walked (well, limped) the quarter of a mile back to the car. Thought I'd just sprained it so didn't bother going to A&E, so only found out I'd broken a couple of years later when I had to have it x-rayed after another accident.
    I did something similar when I took a knee to the quad playing football. Thought it was a dead leg that just happened to last six weeks. Years later when I got an x-ray on my knee (another footy injury) I found out I had a chunk of bone just floating off of my femur. 

I really hope it's just a sprain for Miles. 

• Options
    The issue could be a larger one for Welling, we know they rely quite a lot on the income from this game, if their players are going to throw challenges in like this one in the first pre-season game then I can see Charlton pulling out of the arrangement next year. We all understand injuries can happen etc, but that tackle was really naughty.
    Good post but I'd describe it as being reckless/twatty rather than naughty. 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    RedChaser said:
    That’s surprisingly common and can be seen on a later x-ray as you get bone overgrowth around the earlier fracture. The risk is obviously if the two halves of bone become detached then they will either heal misaligned or will need to be surgically put back together. I’m sure the extent of Miles’ injury will be fully known by now by the medical team and he will make a full recovery. The question is how long it will take. I hope it is a minor sprain like you, but I also hope he is not rushed back if there is more to it.
  • Options
    Anybody know how his recovery is going or seen him around?

Sounds like Mullin got chopped in a friendly too...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66309735
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we remove the heading of this thread regarding Villa
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Can we remove the heading of this thread regarding Villa
    Was just thinking this.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Please god no

Telling that none of the clubs where he's been loaned have shown any interest in taking him off our hands
    more's the pity
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Mullin will blame the tories.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    mendonca said:

I believe the air boot was coming off some time last week.  Last I heard they believed the injury wasn't as bad as initially feared

It's partucularly gutting as he returned from his summer holiday a bit early to work on his fitness ahead of pre season
    Stuff this “traditional” Welling friendly. It’s not the first time in that fixture some no-mark has injured one of our players. Some fans might like the fixture but it’s too high price to pay if Welling can’t get their players to show the appropriate  level of restraint for a friendly.
    Guessing Phil Parkinson would agree with that, PA.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    mendonca said:

I believe the air boot was coming off some time last week.  Last I heard they believed the injury wasn't as bad as initially feared

It's partucularly gutting as he returned from his summer holiday a bit early to work on his fitness ahead of pre season
    Stuff this “traditional” Welling friendly. It’s not the first time in that fixture some no-mark has injured one of our players. Some fans might like the fixture but it’s too high price to pay if Welling can’t get their players to show the appropriate  level of restraint for a friendly.
    In fairness a player could get injured in any friendly no matter the opposition, and could just as easily (yes Chuks i'm looking at you) get injured in training.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Swisdom said:
    mendonca said:

There would, I imagine, be crystal clear agreements prior to any match taking place next year. Risking a player in a pre-season friendly is not acceptible.
  • Options
    He's gonna be delivering an away shirt on Tuesday, would presume he's not in a boot anymore