Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Options
    Bailey said:
    redbuttle said:
    He's been injured nearly as many times as Chuks but nobody moans about him.
    I probably think that's a little wide of the mark. Miles has completed half seasons where Chuk's brakes down within ten games if that. Wish them both a speedy recovery. 
    Leaburn has played 3200 odd minutes, in the same period Chuks has barely managed 500.
    Thanks FCF, I do believe however that redbuttle is now regretting his dopey remark. 
  • Options
    Feel sorry for Miles and hope he comes back to full fitness asap. 
    On the brightside does mean unable to sell him this window.
    On the other hand we now have to get two new strikes in.
    Only time will tell what our owners will do now.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Feel sorry for Miles and hope he comes back to full fitness asap. 
    On the brightside does mean unable to sell him this window.
    On the other hand we now have to get two new strikes in.
    Only time will tell what our owners will do now.

Alfie Doughty was sold when Injured with a similar serious hamstring issue to Stoke.
  • Options
    SE7 will now show us their true colours in January.
    We are struggling to get near the play-offs and have injuries coupled with players not upto standard.
    This will be Appleton's first window to have his own players brought in.  I bet he is as interested as the fans as to what players he can get.
    My money says another frantic 24 hours on the final day.
  • Options
    I don’t see any action in the January transfer window that’s likely to transform our season. On that basis we’ll get a PL or Championship loan striker in and probably keep hold of Tedic too. We won’t be spending much money and that’s before the injury to Miles. 
  • Options
    A year and a half on his contract I think. Just a year by the time he recovers from this injury.

Now's the time to extend it, or face losing him next summer for peanuts
    Clubs will not be queueing up for someone who has had a few injuries.
    Although I can see interest it will be at a greatly reduced price from the end of last season.
  • Options
    I don’t see any action in the January transfer window that’s likely to transform our season. On that basis we’ll get a PL or Championship loan striker in and probably keep hold of Tedic too. We won’t be spending much money and that’s before the injury to Miles. 
    I sorely hope that Tedic will be packing his bags, never looked interested or good enough
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gutted for Miles. Hope he makes a full recovery however long it takes.
    Reminded about Alfie Doughty above, lets hope  for the best. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Real shame for him and also for us. We won't replace him in January as it's a "tough window to do business in". We're screwed 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    What a prattish remark,He got done by a crap tackle at Welling and was really unlucky against cheltenham,he is a kid and in the very early stage of what could be a fine career.
    Thanks for that.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Bailey said:
    redbuttle said:
    I probably think that's a little wide of the mark. Miles has completed half seasons where Chuk's brakes down within ten games if that. Wish them both a speedy recovery. 
    Leaburn has played 3200 odd minutes, in the same period Chuks has barely managed 500.
    Thanks FCF, I do believe however that redbuttle is now regretting his dopey remark. 

Yeah. Couldn't sleep last night because of it.
  • Options
    He will hardly be back this season. With then just a year of a contract to go, I can see a biggish club taking a gamble on him at what will be an almost certainly reduced price. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    fenaddick said:
    redman said:
    He will hardly be back this season. With then just a year of a contract to go, I can see a biggish club taking a gamble on him at what will be an almost certainly reduced price. 
    This is why I think it's worth putting a contract in front of him now. Put in a release clause if he wants the possibility of moving on.
    Great idea 👍 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    redman said:
    This is why I think it's worth putting a contract in front of him now. Put in a release clause if he wants the possibility of moving on.
    Agree and let’s hope the ownerships plan wasn’t to fund the club by selling him for a big fee as the injury wouldn’t have helped that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    I can't see many reasons why he'd sign it but I can think of a few reasons why he wouldn't. Still, it's worth a try.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    fenaddick said:
    redman said:
    Agree and let’s hope the ownerships plan wasn’t to fund the club by selling him for a big fee as the injury wouldn’t have helped that.
    but isn't that exactly  the stated business plan - player trading?

If it wasn't to be Leaburn who was going to be next out the door?  The issue is will they go back to the consortium and ask for more funds to cover the gap in the squad or do we have to rely on more masterful signings by Scott by swapping out the last batch of loanees?

If they say (as I predict) we wont overspend in January because its an inflated market and our play off prospects are limited we know they don't have any meaningful cash or appetite. If you defer the squad building until the summer you are always playing catch up.

I fear we may not meaningfully see him play for us again.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Such poor luck, instead of getting more experience and kicking on he is stuck healing and getting fit. Here is to a speedy recovery. He will be sorely missed (and already is by the look of the last game).
  • Options
    Good luck to Miles. That sounds rough. I hope he returns stronger and better.  🙏
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    This is going to be a very tough injury for him to return from, what with his style and leg length. Fingers crossed for the lad. I believe his hamstring tendon count on the injured leg has been reduced from 3 to 2, creating a huge imbalance at such a young age.

The only positive I can see is that his ankle gets to rest while nursing another injury. But that's me being hopeful and stating my past experience, rather than anything scientific.
    Can you explain tendon count!?
  • Options
    Although perhaps a simplistic view. For my money Leaburn has been hugely missed since being injured. For such a young player it has become obvious what a influence he had when playing, I would say aside from poor recruitment and a formation rigid manager, his injury has been the reason why we will miss the playoffs this year.
    Really hope he stays and can play for us next year. One of the few in the team that I enjoyed watching.
  • Options
    Although perhaps a simplistic view. For my money Leaburn has been hugely missed since being injured. For such a young player it has become obvious what a influence he had when playing, I would say aside from poor recruitment and a formation rigid manager, his injury has been the reason why we will miss the playoffs this year.
    Really hope he stays and can play for us next year. One of the few in the team that I enjoyed watching.
    With the injuries he's suffered this season I imagine it would be hard for us to flog him.
    Without injuries I very much doubt he would have been here next season.