Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Options
    A month or so ago we were wholly reliant on May and CBT for our goals but, assuming we do stay up, IF we can keep Leaburn and IF they can all stay fit, given the different things they have to offer, the alternatives of Leaburn, May, Kanu and Aneke during the course of 90 minutes up top would be quite exciting for us next season. IF.  
    Casey will be knocking at the door next season too.
  • Options
     i'd be worried if we are relying once again on miles and chucks as our muscle up top - i'd be very surprised if NJ doesn't address this as THE priority in the summer  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
     i'd be worried if we are relying once again on miles and chucks as our muscle up top - i'd be very surprised if NJ doesn't address this as THE priority in the summer  
    I’m guessing and really hoping that the owners have given assurances that there will be significant money made available in the summer. The speculated fee for Connor Coventry and the bid for JCH leads me to think that there has been a change in strategy and it’s been recognised that we must invest or stay put. The fact that NJ agreed to join us supports this I think. Unless Ladapo really finds his form over next 12 games I suspect he won’t be pursued. I feel confident that Miles will be with us until next January at least. Even if he’s sold I’m happy as long as that money is ploughed back. I’m also expecting this summer to see another big churn but maybe and hopefully for the last time for a while. 
  • Options
    I've no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but Miles' contract only runs until 2025. If he doesn't renew, then I can see him leaving in the summer.
  • Options
    I've no idea what's going on behind the scenes, but Miles' contract only runs until 2025. If he doesn't renew, then I can see him leaving in the summer.
    He won’t likely play again this season. Not even with PL money is anyone daft enough to stump up a lot of money until he proves his fitness. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I’m guessing and really hoping that the owners have given assurances that there will be significant money made available in the summer. The speculated fee for Connor Coventry and the bid for JCH leads me to think that there has been a change in strategy and it’s been recognised that we must invest or stay put. The fact that NJ agreed to join us supports this I think. Unless Ladapo really finds his form over next 12 games I suspect he won’t be pursued. I feel confident that Miles will be with us until next January at least. Even if he’s sold I’m happy as long as that money is ploughed back. I’m also expecting this summer to see another big churn but maybe and hopefully for the last time for a while. 
    I would go along in regards with new players coming in and Leaburn with us until January. 
    Believe owners will be unable to hold on Leaburn when offer is put on table from whatever top club requires striker.

I would also send all loans back and reduce our loans next season to one or two at most.

As for Aneke another 16 months he is gone,
    As a player that’s made 25 starts for us and over 70 appearances as sub I find we are unable to count on him. Sorry.

• Options
    If he doesn’t sign then it would probably make sense to sell

I’m hopeful we can get him to sign an extension though, but there’s no chance he’d sign one while relegation remains a possibility 
  • Options
    Feel for the lad missing so much of the season, especially after that dreadful hack in the Welling friendly.

Has anybody heard how he is, physically and mentally?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was just at a local primary school for World Book Day

https://x.com/cafctrust/status/1765716529268592648?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g
  • Options
    He was just at a local primary school for World Book Day

https://x.com/cafctrust/status/1765716529268592648?s=46&t=ynww82GMl7VKBjthBflU0g
    Important for kids to have someone to look up to, and at his height most of us do.
  • Options
    At Brentford v Brighton last night 🤔 -

• Options
    What position was he playing?
  • Options
    hate to say it but Brentford would be a cracking move for him, can see him being with us till at least January though in order to prove his fitness
  • Options
    Brentford were linked last summer , can see that being a genuine possibility with them very likely to be selling Toney. Not that I'd expect Miles to go there and be an immediate starter but I can see Brentford making a lot of sense.

Brighton less so, João Pedro and Ferguson aren't going anywhere anytime soon and they can still get decent bench mins from Welbeck. Undav comes back in the summer from a very successful loan in Germany so they're actually pretty deep in terms of strikers. 
  • Options
    I don't necessarily think he's joining either team, but he's obviously shared a random photo of the pitch at Brentford for a reason. Maybe just wants a bit of attention.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wish he was fit and back playing for us.
    That’s it.
  • Options
    Footballer goes to watch a game of football shock.

Jason Pearce posted a pic of himself at Arsenal = Pearce next Gunners boss.

PS Miles' dad works at various grounds in London including Brentford
    Carl still works? 
  • Options
    Kap10 said:
    Footballer fed up of seeing boring games at the Valley lucks out and sees boring game at Brentford.
    Charltonized 
  • Options
    Okay so he's done it for a bit of attention then.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    Brentford were linked last summer , can see that being a genuine possibility with them very likely to be selling Toney. Not that I'd expect Miles to go there and be an immediate starter but I can see Brentford making a lot of sense.

Brighton less so, João Pedro and Ferguson aren't going anywhere anytime soon and they can still get decent bench mins from Welbeck. Undav comes back in the summer from a very successful loan in Germany so they're actually pretty deep in terms of strikers. 
    Brighton get the right offer then they will go.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Carl still works? 
    He's only 55
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Carl still works? 
    He's only 55
    Younger than I thought. What does he do? Such a character. Love that video of him receiving his TV!