Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Options
    It’s great for us but find it strange miles hasn’t been called up to the England u20 squad.
    Agreed. Weird that he's never had any international recognition, whereas his father did have England youth caps
    I guess Charlton were in a higher division then?
  • Options
    It’s great for us but find it strange miles hasn’t been called up to the England u20 squad.
    Agreed. Weird that he's never had any international recognition, whereas his father did have England youth caps
    Yep, it’s our gain and probably great he can rest after only being back from injury not that long ago. However, when you see players in that squad and some of who have been injured or not even playing first team football it is a surprise he’s not been called up. 

• Options
    Incredibly rare to get anyone called up from the third tier. Think Ronnie Edwards the Peterborough CB has made a couple of squads but a lot harder for Miles to break through as a striker. 
  • Options
    I will be very impressed with the club if they dont sell miles in January. I'm sure there will be good offers and probably too good to refuse. I have no idea how much he is worth as a player but if Tedic is a fair gauge then if he cost City £3m Miles must be £6-7M surely
  • Options
    It is but it’s not really a reflection of his ability and potential. Plenty of players over the years were capped at youth level for England and had careers in the lower leagues or non-league.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Miles will be so well known already I am not sure him not representing England will help us keeping him. In fact, him getting picked for them would probably be good news as a couple of goals and when we do sell him it may add a million or two.  Plus he would be a great advert for other 16 yr olds in our academy being courted by other clubs.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Think Carl played for an England representative team in Brazil.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2023
    Ouch!! - When we get injuries, we do them in style dont we
  • Options
    That’s him out for the season, unless he makes a quick recovery 
  • Options
    Out for the season.
  • Options
    Definitely need another striker in January unless the cheap skates decide we can muddle on through with kids and tedic... Not a comforting thought... Especially if cbt goes. 
  • Options
    Wow. That’s awful news 
  • Options
    Definitely need another striker in January unless the cheap skates decide we can muddle on through with kids and tedic... Not a comforting thought... Especially if cbt goes. 
    Yep we need a class striker signing in January with some money spent or a top loan otherwise it's a big f u to the fans and shows no intent of making play offs or having a shot at going up.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Terrible. I hope injuries aren't going to hinder his career because he seems to pick up a lot of them, and this one is a really bad one. 
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    He's been injured nearly as many times as Chuks but nobody moans about him.
    Not a lot the young man can do if he gets badly tacked that have ruled out him on two different occasions 

This injury is unfortunate 
  • Options
    Huge blow to our hopes this season, really need 2 strikers in January now and they’ve got to be good. 

Might be a good time to stick an improved contract in front of him now though 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would love to see us go and get Ladapo or a player of that ilk. Could even need 2 strikers if Tedic goes back too. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    redbuttle said:
    He's been injured nearly as many times as Chuks but nobody moans about him.
    I probably think that's a little wide of the mark. Miles has completed half seasons where Chuk's break's down within ten games if that. Wish them both a speedy recovery. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Poor Miles. He will be a big miss and must be in deep pain.

He's expected to be out for 6 months. Really feel for him

I guess this is likely to be a grade 3 hamstring tear? As MA said, he felt it high up....and that can be seen in the diagram on link.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&client=ms-android-tef-gb-rvc2&source=android-browser&q=grade+3+hamstring+tear#vhid=UQ0MJhNnpAXrSM&vssid=l
  • Options
    Gutted for Miles. Very difficult to get good strikers in January window - especially when you’re in mid table. 
  • Options
    That’s horrendous. All the best Miles.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Third serious injury in his short career.
    Gutted for the lad and for Cafc.
    Injured in the first friendly of the season and season over in November.
    Sorry for saying I didn't thing he was very hardy and it's comes to fruition.

Aneke is unique and personally I wouldn't compare any one to Chuks who prefers to start on the bench even when 'fit'

Strikers get kicked all their career and against Welling was a foul but the last game Mile's got injured it was Just that he stretched his leg in a challenge and his hamstring was damaged.

• Options
    Although he hasn't been as good this season, we need that type of striker in the team. No Chuks, no Miles, we struggle up fromt, regardless of May's goalscoring ability.

I wish him well and hope he will come back stronger, meantime we need to find a good replacement in January.