Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Options
    The kid is a talent who has all the tools to be a top player.....sadly it won't be with us
  • Options
    Miles should be starting every single game now. Even if we go back to 4-3-3 it should be him up front. Hope he isn’t out injured now and really hope we can hold onto him for next season
  • Options
    One in, one out. 

How very Charlton.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Thought he had a good game, hope he’s not out for too long, Chuks can’t start a match, but I think we are a bit more potent with two up top, which could mean we’re back to playing Stockley up front on his own again 😢
  • Options
    Would like to see Chucks and Miles together 

Oh Matron!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Fingers crossed he is okay. I’ve not been as impressed with Miles in the games he has started - but thought he was excellent today even if he hadn’t of bagged that goal.
    "hadn't have"
  • Options
    “Hadn’t “ 👍🏻
  • Options
    You can see him improving every game. He has all the tools.
  • Options
    You can see him improving every game. He has all the tools.
    I hope its not why he's crocked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Going to finish the season as our top scorer isn't he.

Given Aneke's fitness, and how we've improved playing 4-4-2 that we start Leaburn | Stockley each game where possible.
  • Options

Given Aneke's fitness, and how we've improved playing 4-4-2 that we start Leaburn | Stockley each game where possible.
    I’m not convinced he’ll still be here in February.
  • Options
    He looks a tall gangly lad on first glance, but then you watch him and realise the strength he has.

Isnt the Aneke type, but he can certainly battle and use his body well to keep hold of the ball
  • Options
    Scoham said:

I’m not convinced he’ll still be here in February.
    I think it will be directly linked with how long TS sees himself here. 

Leaburn is his only tool to claim he can break-even really isn't he?
  • Options
    I thought he was excellent last night. Apart from the goal I thought his all round game was really good he has pace strength and ability and also a good work ethic on the pitch. Loved watching his Dad and thought Carlo was great but really believe that Miles could reach a higher level. Just hope we see a lot more of him before an inevitable move.
  • Options

No. A Premier league team will chuck a couple of million to us in January and TS will bite their hand off and take it. 

For a Premier league club it's an absolute no brainer to take a punt on him.

I will be amazed if he is still here come 1 February 2023
    Whilst our financial situation is obviously a concern, TS would be mad to sell in January. Next summer he will still have 2 years left on his contract so it's not as if his value will drop.

I guess it depends on who is in for him though, as if it's a big club then Leaburn himself will probably want the move and who would blame him.
  • Options

No. A Premier league team will chuck a couple of million to us in January and TS will bite their hand off and take it. 

Whilst our financial situation is obviously a concern, TS would be mad to sell in January. Next summer he will still have 2 years left on his contract so it's not as if his value will drop.

I guess it depends on who is in for him though, as if it's a big club then Leaburn himself will probably want the move and who would blame him.
    Depends how he feels about his time @ Chelsea... think the fact that a Premier League club have already released him, plays into our hands a little - Then again I'm probably being bloody niaeve 
  • Options

Depends how he feels about his time @ Chelsea... think the fact that a Premier League club have already released him, plays into our hands a little - Then again I'm probably being bloody niaeve 
    Yeah you're probably right and he'd only have to look at Burstow now to talk himself out of a move to a club like that where he'd have very little chance of playing. Broja barely gets any minutes there and he's an international striker with PL experience.

But i think if a club like Southampton (who are building a young team) or Brighton came in for him he'd be tempted, not to mention the probable 10-15k a week wages.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yeah you're probably right and he'd only have to look at Burstow now to talk himself out of a move to a club like that where he'd have very little chance of playing. Broja barely gets any minutes there and he's an international striker with PL experience.

But i think if a club like Southampton (who are building a young team) or Brighton came in for him he'd be tempted, not to mention the probable 10-15k a week wages.
    Not to mention we have to hope that Tracey doesnt decide to follow others in departing the club, what with how staff are being treated at the moment - I think if we lose her, we lose Miles - I think the ties he has with the club, are another emotional factor that'll help us keeping him.

Agree on the likes of Southampton | Brighton being a concern if they decide to take a look at him though.
  • Options
    I think if we sell in Jan we get a couple mil for him - but if we hold onto him until the summer and he continues progressing at this rate I think we could get 2, or 3x that.

As others have said, him being released by Chelsea will play into our hands, as will the family connection to the club.

It's definitely a question of when, rather than if, so let's enjoy it whilst we can!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Two or three million could well be dangled around in January. But if TS wants to follow the Brentford model, wouldn’t he want to hang on to him until he’s (hopefully) worth ten or so?
    But the longer he holds on the more his loses are elsewhere in the meantime.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Two or three million could well be dangled around in January. But if TS wants to follow the Brentford model, wouldn’t he want to hang on to him until he’s (hopefully) worth ten or so?
    Don’t understand that. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Don’t understand that. 
    If he cashes in sooner rather than later (January) and then gets shot of the club then he receives the full effect of the transfer fee received.
    If he waits  another year and receives £10m instead of £2m but the club racks up losses of £8m in that year then TS is still only effectively receiving the same £2m, if he then disposes of the club.
  • Options
    I don't envisage any clubs paying 10m to a cash strapped league one club. At best i think we could realistically get 5m + add ons.

Even Lookman (who'd played in the Championship) was apparently 7.5m + add ons (which i'm not sure we ever got).
  • Options
    Another turned ankle injury. Boots with ankle support/protection make sense to me having played in them all those years ago.

Boots seem more like carpet slippers nowadays.
  • Options
    I don't envisage any clubs paying 10m to a cash strapped league one club. At best i think we could realistically get 5m + add ons.

Even Lookman (who'd played in the Championship) was apparently 7.5m + add ons (which i'm not sure we ever got).
    I agree with you, but was just using the £10m figure suggested by @JamesSeed .
    For what it's worth I think that Miles has shown far more than Burstow did before he was signed by Chelsea.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Don’t understand that. 
    If he cashes in sooner rather than later (January) and then gets shot of the club then he receives the full effect of the transfer fee received.
    If he waits  another year and receives £10m instead of £2m but the club racks up losses of £8m in that year then TS is still only effectively receiving the same £2m, if he then disposes of the club.
    See what you mean. 
    And @Chris_from_Sidcup may well be right, although if Miles continues improving at his current rate he might be one hell of a player in a year or two, and you could end with a bidding war. Of course it’s hard to predict these things, and yes, if they think we’re strapped for cash they’ll take full advantage.