Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Miles Leaburn - 2023-4 season

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Kanu is nowhere near physically ready for the Men's game imo.
    Really? He's a bit of a unit
  • Options
    Talal said:
    cabbles said:
    Would make it difficult for Garner to continue with 4-4-2 now, unless he plans risking Aneke to start up top 
    Surely we've got to stay two up regardless given Stockley doesn't work on his own. Even a runner like Morgan would be better than only Stockley up there imo. 
    I agree with 2 up front, but definitely not Morgan. I'd rather CBT played off him, at least he has pace even if he is inconsistent.
    Sure, wasn't saying I'd pick Morgan just emphasising that Stockley shouldn't play on his own again. 
  • Options
    I’d play Payne or CBT up there and get CBT’s pace working both channels and stretching their defence. Well that’s the theory anyhow… 🤣
  • Options
    I’d play Payne or CBT up there and get CBT’s pace working both channels and stretching their defence. Well that’s the theory anyhow… 🤣
    Cbt in the gap between stockley and midfield running at their defence could be good
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I'd rather we changed formation than played someone out of position. Had enough of that last season.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    mendonca said:
    Take it you’ve not seen him? Unless I’m completely mistaking the meaning of the word ‘unit’
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I'd rather we changed formation than played someone out of position. Had enough of that last season.
    Stockley on his own is essentially out of position as he offers nothing. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Gutted for Miles - he was growing with every game

Kanu certainly looks to have bulked up a bit in the last 6 months but he’s totally different to Leaburn.  He’s not a hold-up player he’s a poacher.  A sniffer.
    Do we create enough chances for him?  I would say not at the moment.  

But this might just be the chance to prove himself or for us to try something different
  • Options
    I think it’s exciting to bet which currently 16 or 17 year old kid will get an injury this time next year and take that seasons hopes and dreams down with him due to further stupid recruiting by next seasons owner Zzzzz
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    mendonca said:
    Take it you’ve not seen him? Unless I’m completely mistaking the meaning of the word ‘unit’
    He's a big, strong lad, yes
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    This.

A front 3 of Stockley, CBT & JRS. After 60 mins you bring on Aneke for Stockley (or switch to 442). I would despair having Morgan anywhere near the front line. Morgan ???  Have you seen his shooting boots !!!
  • Options
    When people say front 3 it's never actually like that is it? 
  • Options
    Clare is a versatile player and we have seen that he has a shot on him. Could he play off Stockley given the lack of other options?
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Payne, Clare, Morgan and CBT all mentioned on here to play as a striker. Christ
    Sadly it's thinking inside the box, rather than outside due to squad balance!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Get innis up there with Stockley 👍🏻
  • Options
    At least they will not be selling Leaburn in the January transfer window.
    You would guess that he will take 3 to 6 months to recover from such a serious injury. The club must not rush it.
    Those who want Kanu. He is not ready for first team football 
    So may be this will force Sandagaard into the transfer or loan market in January. 
    He should be searching now for a good replacement and negotiating soon.
  • Options
    I can see Payne and Morgan being our powerful strike partnership until January.  
  • Options
    I can see Payne and Morgan being our powerful strike partnership until January.  

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Will be interesting to see who replaces him as Aneke isn’t a serious option. Got to be Kanu’s chance to get in the squad?

Out for more than a month - there’s further quotes from Garner in the SLP article.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-get-bad-news-on-miles-leaburns-injury-top-scorer-facing-a-prolonged-spell-on-the-sidelines/
    I suppose this injury is the "anyone, anytime"  impact type. So no real issue with the fitness/training regime. However when the game ended I did see that he hobbled onto the pitch with the rest of the players, and at the time I wondered, is that a good idea?
    Yeah this isn't a soft tissue injury, so it's much harder to say it was down to poor training, preparedness, etc. This is something that could happen to any player at any club. 

We are short up front, but we do still have two senior strikers. Miles has been a great story this season, but because Aneke has come back we do have cover now. 

Just a note on the whole how long young players stay before they leave, and it's pretty bad everywhere. Would we see more of our homegrown players if we were in the Championship? Yes. But not necessarily drastically that much. It's the Prem and everyone else, and even then, it's really the big handful of clubs and the rest. So whilst TS has made a lot of mistakes, including not signing another striker, the fact that young players like Burstow leave so quickly after breaking into the first team has more to do with the state of the modern game than it does us specifically. 
  • Options
    Another TS masterplan farts full in his face!   Plenty of cover for the only real goal scorer who could play more than half an hour in the team?  
    Twat!
  • Options
    Since we're desperately throwing names into the hat from left field, I'm going for chicken legs Mcgrandles to partner Stocks up front and blow league 1 out of the water...
  • Options
    Kanu or Casey up front with Stockers. No problem.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    cabbles said:
    Would make it difficult for Garner to continue with 4-4-2 now, unless he plans risking Aneke to start up top 
    Aneke is not ready for a 90 minutes yet. Slowly bringing him back in minutes wise. 
    I suspect part of the problem with him getting injured is his lack of game time and resilience from match fitness caused by wrapping him in cotton wool. Play him from the start and see how long he lasts. Him and Stockley up front will mean Pompey won’t be so free to push up. 

I know I’ll sound like an old record but this is why resigning Chuks was a mistake. Hardly ever fit and when he is he can’t play for more than 15 to 20 minutes. So now we are in a position whereby 4-4-2 is working for us so we either have to play someone up top who isn’t suited to it or change formation and hope for the best. We all knew we needed another striker option but hey ho Thomas knows best. With three more home games this month we could have really pushed on but instead Leaburn being out a month or so could derail our season. 
    I think it was done to provide a centre forward after they knew the extent of Stockley's back injury, I don't think he was injured at all whilst at Birmingham, but he was on the bench for most of his time there. In hindsight it looks a bad move, especially considering the money paid, it wouldn't look nearly as bad if Sandgaard had replaced Washington. 
  • Options
    Another TS masterplan farts full in his face!   Plenty of cover for the only real goal scorer who could play more than half an hour in the team?  
    Twat!
    And he will keep making mistakes, his ego doesn't recognise mistakes.