Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Signing - Jack Payne -Two Year Deal - Confirmed

Comments

• Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Excellent. 

Which midfielders are going to leave? They surely can't all stay. 
    JFC and Morgan (hopefully)
    Ah, a wrong answer 
    It’s pretty evident he’s going to play 4 of them plus one wide player and one striker .  It’s doomed to failure if Stockley is the number 9. 

Looking forward to your reaction when Gilbey starts the season ! 
    As in 4 central midfielders, one winger and one striker? Haven't we played 4-3-3 for all of pre-season and generally seen Kirk, CBT and DJ in those roles, with us needing to bring in another winger?
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Excellent. 

Ah, a wrong answer 
    It’s pretty evident he’s going to play 4 of them plus one wide player and one striker .  It’s doomed to failure if Stockley is the number 9. 

As in 4 central midfielders, one winger and one striker? Haven't we played 4-3-3 for all of pre-season and generally seen Kirk, CBT and DJ in those roles, with us needing to bring in another winger?
    I’m envisaging it being 433 but with one of Payne or Fraser as one of the front 3; I hope
    I’m wrong 
  • Options
    He scored a lot of penalties last season. 

We need to replacs hit n miss Washington on penalty duties.
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Excellent. 

Ah, a wrong answer 

I’m envisaging it being 433 but with one of Payne or Fraser as one of the front 3; I hope
    I’m wrong 
    Would be strange considering we haven't set up like that all pre-season. Payne played in the middle for Garner at Swindon and he's played the wingers on the wing and Fraser in the middle in our matches so far. Not sure it's pretty evident.
  • Options
    Welcome Jack .. there is not a place for all of our midfielders barring a total injury train wreck (could only happen to us) .. I am sure the manager has brought you in to play a specific role following your success at Swindon  .. all the very best during your time as an Addick 
  • Options
    Goalscoring midfielder. Averages six a season over nine years. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sounds like a good enough signing. Really fancy us spending a bit on a goalscorer with a different skill set than Stockley, but to be honest, I think we are quietly building a decent squad. 
    Couple of decent prem loans plus the striker?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I don’t know what to think. We wanted a clear out. We’re getting one. We wanted some goals from midfield. On the face of it Jack helps here. But the niggling feeling that we’re recruiting a bunch of league 2 players haunts me. Welcome aboard the good ship Swindo, sorry CAFC Jack. I hope you are a ray of light. 
    Tbf that was the first season he's spent in League Two since 14/15. He was there because they got relegated. He's played the majority of his career at League One/Championship.
    I stand corrected (sorry, couldn’t resist it 🤣🦵)
  • Options
    The office announcement video has been deleted from the CAFC twitter account. Shame, thought it was brilliant and was starting to go a bit viral by the looks of it.
    Probably taken down due to copyright..
    For those of us that missed it, what was the video?
  • Options
    Jack looks like a good signing from what I read on here. He's an upgrade for our midfield. 
  • Options
    The office announcement video has been deleted from the CAFC twitter account. Shame, thought it was brilliant and was starting to go a bit viral by the looks of it.
    Swindon slugs probably kicking off about it.
     Copyright issue I’d guess. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    I hate to be Nobby Negative but if all these players make for promotion why are Swindon in L2?
    If we'd have lost the penalty shootout in our play-off semi vs Doncaster, you could've asked the same about Aribo, Cullen, Bauer, et all.

I'd say those players were bloody excellent and should've been good enough for top 2 but in other areas of the pitch we had very average / below average players.
    And given that Port Vale absolutely destroyed Mansfield in the play-off final, it's not impossible to believe that Swindon were a Davison missed penalty away from being promoted.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I hate to be Nobby Negative but if all these players make for promotion why are Swindon in L2?
    Because a Charlton loanee missed the penalty that would have sent them to Wembley.
    charlie day yes GIF by TV4
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    ozaddick said:
    @ozaddick Look over to rumours thread page 288,..3.31pm, but be quick before it gets deleted again
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    @ozaddick Look over to rumours thread page 288,..3.31pm, but be quick before it gets deleted again
    Thank you, that is absolutely superb!! 😂
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I don’t know what to think. We wanted a clear out. We’re getting one. We wanted some goals from midfield. On the face of it Jack helps here. But the niggling feeling that we’re recruiting a bunch of league 2 players haunts me. Welcome aboard the good ship Swindo, sorry CAFC Jack. I hope you are a ray of light. 
    Tbf that was the first season he's spent in League Two since 14/15. He was there because they got relegated. He's played the majority of his career at League One/Championship.

Seemed a strange career decision for Jack Payne to stay in League 2 after the relegation. That type of loyalty disappeared last century.

Can these players come together and be successful as they have had stuttering careers up to now.

Hopefully yes.