Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Accrington v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    1. 45'+2'

Post update

Foul by Ryan Inniss (Charlton Athletic).

2. 45'+2'

Post update

Matt Lowe (Accrington Stanley) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• Options
    Prior to the goal, I thought DJ and Fraser looked worse than average. 
    CBT and Innis having excellent 45 mins though. 
    Think Clare has been ok aswell
  • Options

45+4’ - Referee Benjamin Speedie blows his whistle for half-time. #asfc 0-1 #cafc 
  • Options
    Plymouth 1-0 Barnsley
  • Options
    Our feeder club in Wiltshire losing 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Not too bad... Not too bad at all

Best thing about this season already is the fact that we wont have to come to Accrington in the League again!!
  • Options
    Fantastic assist from Morgan btw, so great of him to pick Fraser out there ;) 
  • Options
    Very classy and impressive 45 but Accrington had four good chances. 

Enjoying it. 
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

7' Charlton counter well with Jaiyesimi getting in a dangerous cross which is dealt with. Sessegnon follows up with another cross shortly after, but the keeper cuts it out. #asfc 0 #cafc 0
    Jensen Intercepter.
  • Options
    Omar Bogle scores on debut for Newport...
  • Options
    Very very encouraging. We have a style of play!
    AS kicking lumps which’ll get worse if the rain continues.
    Major positives are Sessingon. He looks way above this level.
    And Fraser….what a classy player. 
    DJ frustrating as usual.

• Options
    SDAddick said:
    We are getting loads of midfielders forward and into the box. DJ tucking in to link up. Two shots from Albie, goal from Fraser. Driving run and ball out from Andrea Dobson. CBT starting wide and taking on his fullback and regularly beating him. Lots of very encouraging signs. 

Accrington players arguing amongst themselves at halftime another good sign.
  • Options
    very decent first half
  • Options
    Okay then, okay. Enjoyed that - our press has been fantastic. 
  • Options
    Our best half of football for quite some time. We have a game plan, it's very clear to see, and we're executing it. The players know their roles and are doing what they're meant to be doing.

Only the first first half of the season. A lot can change
    But right now it's impressive how well Garner has imposed his system on these players, and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well some of them have taken to it (Morgan, Fraser, Stockley who linked up well, and DJ). 
  • Options
    Impressed with 1st half. Really like that when we do lose the ball we are pressing to win it back straight away. Didn’t see that last season 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Erm... DJ picked out Fraser for the assist... Morgan put the ball on a plate for DJ
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can't watch today. At a wedding. But very pleased that it sounds like it's coming together and we're playing our game. There's no harder place to play good football than Accrington.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Hang on, hang on....I'm getting word that there may have been a player in between.....not sure who it was....let's call him Charlie Kirk 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    He didn’t he picked out DJ😜🤣, but Albie did good.👍 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Erm... DJ picked out Fraser for the assist... Morgan put the ball on a plate for DJ
    I may have been referring to Morgan getting all the plaudits on this thread for making it :D
  • Options
    We looked really good in parts. Dominated the opening 15 and then just as Accrington started to build up a head of steam, we cut through them with a superb move and Fraser would’ve found it harder to miss.

Just as we scored I was about to say that everyone was impressing me apart from the midfielders. So pleased that Albie, Fraser, DJ all combined for the goal.

Clare and Sessegnon are real weapons in this system. Loving their surging runs into the heart of the Accrington defence.
  • Options
    Not a bad start!

Havent let the Stanley physicallity stop our game which is a plus, delaing with it and not compromising.

Lots of possesion, but as Forever and others said before our goal, Accy looked more the likely to score, some good saves from Wollacott so not just a ball playing keeper but a shot stopper as well.

Blocks from the defence shows we can be solid and play out from the back. 

Whats been impressive is how we´ve moved the ball, not the slower side ways and backwards game we´ve seen a lot of in preseason, less Wenger Arsenal, more Klopp Liverpool, quicker front to back without smashing it to Donkley (wink)

Colour me fecking impressed. 
  • Options
    Morgan should of pass there cut back 
  • Options
    What has Clare done to his hair?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Sessegnon is a sexy, sexy footballer 
    But but but he’s right footed
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!