Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Options
    I would imagine Bournemouth settled for a 1-0 defeat as soon as Everton scored. I wouldn’t want to be trying to get off the pitch or a fan in a coach getting away from the ground if Bournemouth relegated them 
    Dunno... they look to be trying their best to score an equaliser... Great save from Pickford a moment ago
  • Options
    Yeah I think Bournemouth have given it a fair go today.
  • Options
    Fuck off everton
  • Options
    Congrats Everton...
  • Options
    A good natured pitch invasion at goodison. A goal from Bournemouth and the players would have feared for their safety. Now they are heroes 🤣
  • Options
    Much as expected, Everton yet again find a way to beat the drop.
  • Options
    Someone I know and don’t like is an avid Leicester fan so I’m delighted that they’re down.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    Seems like a weird atmosphere at Goodison after the final whistle
  • Options
    I don’t really have a big axe to grind with Everton, but it does annoy me how they have, over the years, so often been absolutely dreadful, but still never go down.
    It also annoys me that at one point in the season, it looked like we could’ve had two from Everton, Palace and West Ham go down, but in the end all three of them survived.
    Pricks.
    🙄
  • Options
    Yeah, sign me up for the (probably irrational) hate Everton club too. No love for Leeds or Leicester but how Everton keep dodging a bullet is becoming bloody annoying now. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Im from Leicester and my entire family are Leicester fans, so a weird one for me. Just goes to show that all of these mid-sized clubs are only one bad season away from landing back in the EFL, something we know too well. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Im from Leicester and my entire family are Leicester fans, so a weird one for me. Just goes to show that all of these mid-sized clubs are only one bad season away from landing back in the EFL, something we know too well. 
    Especially as the last 5 years have all seen top 10 finishes, with 2 5th places

Last season they finished 8th, along with reaching the semis of the Euro Conference League. It's been a baffling decline.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Especially as the last 5 years have all seen top 10 finishes, with 2 5th places

Last season they finished 8th, along with reaching the semis of the Euro Conference League. It's been a baffling decline.
    Let’s hope West Ham follow the same path then 
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I actually think Leeds would've been better off sticking with Marsch. Gracia was a disaster and clearly Big Sam was way too late to do anything. 

They weren't great under Marsch but they were at least competitive (which they certainly weren't under Gracia) and i'm confident he'd have had enough to get more than 2 points from the last 9 games. 

Overall though their squad certainly isn't premier league quality, so they probably deserve it. 
  • Options
    Given all the (deserved) fuss over Haaland this season, Harry Kane's 30 goal haul has got a bit more under the radar. Bloke is an absolute machine and Spurs are going to find it nigh on impossible to replace him when he goes.
    As posted else where Kane is the only player to score 30 goals in two 38 game seasons.

Those two seasons were obviously this one and the Salah season.
  • Options
    Both Chelsea & Spurs didn’t quality for Europe so both enter 2nd round of league cup. Hopefully that will encourage us to take the 1st round seriously if we could have a great chance at a huge pay day in next round.
  • Options
    Given all the (deserved) fuss over Haaland this season, Harry Kane's 30 goal haul has got a bit more under the radar. Bloke is an absolute machine and Spurs are going to find it nigh on impossible to replace him when he goes.
    Personally i feel that him scoring 30 goals in a terrible Spurs side is a better achievement than Haaland scoring 36 in the City side.
    Completely agree. How much harder Kane has to work to get his goals. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haaland - 36 goals out of 94
    Kane - 30 goals out of 70
  • Options
    Addick Addict said: hi
    When one sees Tony Bloom and all he has achieved for Brighton since he became owner it really does bring it home how far behind them we now are. Just 12 years ago we were both in League 1. We are still there and they are now  finishing 6th in the PL and in Europe next season. More than that though, they have an owner who is a Brighton fanatic. We have had one fanatic after another fanatic but their interests in being owner could not be further divorced from those of the fans. Here's hoping that changes sooner rather than later.  
    It is not just being fanatical that has got Tony Bloom and Brighton where they are. He is a very astute, successful businessman who knows how to run a business. 

Tony Bloom has the Midas touch but if they sell both Macallister and Caicedo and believe they can keep replacing that quality of player they are mistaken. 
    Brighton mugged off Chelsea when they received 63 million for Cucurella and that was brilliant business but announcing that they don't want to hold the likes of Macallister and Caicedo back after finishing 6th in the premier is a strange comment.

Everyone has their price but the law of football tells you if you replace quality players with lesser players you end up being Everton or worse?

Charlton Athletic !
  • Options
    When one sees Tony Bloom and all he has achieved for Brighton since he became owner it really does bring it home how far behind them we now are. Just 12 years ago we were both in League 1. We are still there and they are now  finishing 6th in the PL and in Europe next season. More than that though, they have an owner who is a Brighton fanatic. We have had one fanatic after another fanatic but their interests in being owner could not be further divorced from those of the fans. Here's hoping that changes sooner rather than later.  
    It is not just being fanatical that has got Tony Bloom and Brighton where they are. He is a very astute, successful businessman who knows how to run a business. 

Tony Bloom has the Midas touch but if they sell both Macallister and Caicedo and believe they can keep replacing that quality of player they are mistaken. 
    Brighton mugged off Chelsea when they received 63 million for Cucurella and that was brilliant business but announcing that they don't want to hold the likes of Macallister and Caicedo back after finishing 6th in the premier is a strange comment.

Everyone has their price but the law of football tells you if you replace quality players with lesser players you end up being Everton or worse?

Charlton Athletic !
    They do keep on doing it though.

Estupinan replaced Cucurella.
    Mitoma replaced Trossard.
    Enciso is looking like he will replace Macallister.
    Caicedo who will probably now be sold was himself the replacement for Bissouma.

Ferguson is already looking like another future star. They've just signed Joao Pedro from Watford who is only 21.

Has anyone even noticed they also sold Ben White, Dan Burn and Neal Maupay?

I do agree that it will require some incredible work to keep churning out these talents but the higher fees they receive for their stars, along with more PL money and European football means that they in turn will also be able to spend more than they typically would. Pedro for example is already their new record signing.
  • Options
    edited May 2023

Charlton Athletic !

Ferguson is already looking like another future star. They've just signed Joao Pedro from Watford who is only 21.

I do agree that it will require some incredible work to keep churning out these talents but the higher fees they receive for their stars, along with more PL money and European football means that they in turn will also be able to spend more than they typically would. Pedro for example is already their new record signing.
    I think the last time they missed a beat was when they decided Murray and Barnes weren't good enough and spent a relatively large sum on Craig Mackail-Smith.
  • Options

Charlton Athletic !

Maupay was probably Brighton's worst purchase - having paid £20m for him from Brentford (ironically given the bad relationship between the two owers), he scored just 27 goals in 108 appearances. They did, however, cut their losses by selling him on for £15m which again has proven to be shrewd especially with the signing of the much younger Ferguson - Maupay's scored just once in 29 appearances for Everton
  • Options
    comment on a BBC short about Bayern Munich .. (the BL has a strict rule 50+1 % ownership for the club's fans) .. I paraphrase .. 'all the clubs are delighted that whatever success German teams have is not bought with foreign money'
  • Options
    Looks like Ange Postecoglou is heading to Spurs.  Personally don't think he's a terrible choice.

One thing about him is that he knows the Asian market very well.  Picked up some real gems at Celtic.  I know the standard is different, but I'm sure he knows a few in the Asian leagues that would be relatively cheap & can make the step up to the Premier League 
  • Options
    Looks like Ange Postecoglou is heading to Spurs.  Personally don't think he's a terrible choice.

One thing about him is that he knows the Asian market very well.  Picked up some real gems at Celtic.  I know the standard is different, but I'm sure he knows a few in the Asian leagues that would be relatively cheap & can make the step up to the Premier League 
    Postecoglou could be a great appointment. The problem for Spurs is the way in which Levy seems to want to run the club.