Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Options
    The Man U obsession continues. Who wants to see them play Wolves?

At least Vincent Kompany's newly promoted Burnley Vs City makes sense
  • Options
    The Man U obsession continues. Who wants to see them play Wolves?

At least Vincent Kompany's newly promoted Burnley Vs City makes sense
    tbf the other games are shit. Nobody wants to watch Sheff Utd v Palace.
  • Options
    City joined the race to sign Rice
    about bloody time!  Please god dont let him go to Arsenal
  • Options
    Neither leaks were 100% correct in the end.

Friday 11 August
    20:00 Burnley v Manchester City
    Saturday 12 August
    Arsenal v Nottingham Forest 12:30
    Bournemouth v West Ham United 15:30
    Brighton v Luton Town 15:00
    Everton v Fulham 15:00
    Sheffield United v Crystal Palace 15:00
    Newcastle v Aston Villa 17:30
    Sunday 13 August
    Brentford v Tottenham 14:00
    Chelsea v Liverpool 16:30
    Monday 14 August
    Manchester United v Wolves 20:00
    I am mean absolutely no disrespect to Brighton but that's a poor first game for Luton, there must be teams they haven't played for decades.  Saying that they might of totally missed Brighton on their way down. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Friday 11 August
    Saturday 12 August
    Sunday 13 August
    Monday 14 August
    I am mean absolutely no disrespect to Brighton but that's a poor first game for Luton, there must be teams they haven't played for decades.  Saying that they might of totally missed Brighton on their way down. 
    I mean they’ve got another 37 to enjoy themselves.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:

Friday 11 August
    Saturday 12 August
    Sunday 13 August
    Monday 14 August
    If I was Luton a game away to Brighton without MacAlistair and Caicedo I'd fancy a chance of a upset 
  • Options
    Palaces last 7 fixtures look tough next season, without Zaha and no manager appointment yet fingers crossed next season is the one they finally drop 
    Has Zaha gone yet? Every summer we have this about him wanting to play Champions League and in the end he stays at Palace. 
  • Options
    Is Zaha even that vital now? I think the days of him carrying them on his shoulders are over.
    Of course I hope they plummet and die, but they only need 3 worse teams and will probably have no trouble finding them.
    If somebody asked me 10 or 15 years ago what's the worst I could wish on Palace, bar relegation to Div 4 we have pretty much lived it for them.
    Somebody up there and all that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Zaha even that vital now? I think the days of him carrying them on his shoulders are over.
    Of course I hope they plummet and die, but they only need 3 worse teams and will probably have no trouble finding them.
    If somebody asked me 10 or 15 years ago what's the worst I could wish on Palace, bar relegation to Div 4 we have pretty much lived it for them.
    Somebody up there and all that.
    Roy got their younger attackers playing with freedom. Olise and Eze mean they no longer rely on Zaha to collapse in the box.
  • Options
    I think Eze is much more vital to them now than Zaha.
    I wanted Spurs to buy Eze when he was at QPR.  I was gutted when he signed for Palace.  That lad is going to be a star.
  • Options
    I am being incredibly lazy here but does anyone know which team has the hardest start to the season with opening 5/10 games? Trying to find a manager who could be a decent runner in the 1st to be sacked market. Thanks. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    I am being incredibly lazy here but does anyone know which team has the hardest start to the season with opening 5/10 games? Trying to find a manager who could be a decent runner in the 1st to be sacked market. Thanks. 
    Nottingham Forest probably... 

They start with Arsenal (A) | Sheff Utd (H) | Man Utd (A) | Chelsea (A) | Burnley (H) | Man City (A)

But then will their owners consider four defeats as acceptable from those big opponents?

No doubt just as easy to think about the potential Candidates too

Spurs and Chelsea have pretty tough starts, but cant see their new Managers being replaced so soon into the season - Probably be someone like O'Neil (Bournemouth) | Moyes (West Ham) | Heckingbottam (Sheff Utd) | Lopetegui (Wolves) | Dyche (Everton) who'll be the standouts.

Maybe even Howe if Newcastle struggle to replicate the season they've just had.
  • Options
    I really like Steve Cooper as a manager (Next England IMO, even though he’s welsh). Thought he could have got sacked 4 or 5 time last season. Can’t see past O’Neil but will have to see what happens in upcoming weeks.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    I think Eze is much more vital to them now than Zaha.
    I wanted Spurs to buy Eze when he was at QPR.  I was gutted when he signed for Palace.  That lad is going to be a star.
    I heard you're in for Eze if Maddison goes to Newcastle
  • Options
    Chelsea sign Nkunku for £52m. Leaving aside FFP issues, is he even that good to be worth £52m, or is that now the price for a decent, but not superstar striker?
  • Options
    Chelsea sign Nkunku for £52m. Leaving aside FFP issues, is he even that good to be worth £52m, or is that now the price for a decent, but not superstar striker?
    Been an absolute standout in Bundesliga for Leipzig for a couple of seasons now, and is a converted striker having started out as an attacking midfielder. 

I'd say it's better value than Nunez, Mudryk, Antony and a few others bought last season
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Been an absolute standout in Bundesliga for Leipzig for a couple of seasons now, and is a converted striker having started out as an attacking midfielder. 

I'd say it's better value than Nunez, Mudryk, Antony and a few others bought last season
    Surely Chelsea need a pure number 9 though, rather than a converted attacking midfielder? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bayern Munich set to improve their offer for Kane.

Will he go??
  • Options
    Rice to Arsenal edging nearer now City have seemingly pulled out.

I don’t like Arsenal at all, but having City just steam roll the league every single year doesn’t promote any enjoyment at all for neutral fans. 
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Cafc43v3r said:

I've had it in my head for years he's a Gooner?  Is that right???
    (He wouldn't be the first to play for us - Tim Sherwood, Darren Bent and Matt Doherty are/were Gooners)

He's the exact type of player we've needed since Eriksen left.  If it really is for £40m, thats a good signing but I question his temperament, his attitude at times.  It looks like he's grown up a bit since, Dad of one now with twins also on the way, perhaps he's grown up a bit.  No doubting his creativity, his ability and his free kicks, something we've not had at Spurs since Kane started hogging them once Eriksen left.
  • Options
    Something I didn't know, which you may not have heard of either.

Apparently its standard practice now for personal terms to be agreed between player and a club BEFORE the buying clubs try to negotiate a transfer fee.  I always thought doing things that way round was tantamount to tapping up but apparently not.  
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Rice to Arsenal edging nearer now City have seemingly pulled out.

I don’t like Arsenal at all, but having City just steam roll the league every single year doesn’t promote any enjoyment at all for neutral fans. 
    To be honest, I get the feeling from all those 'ITK' types, that Rice wanted to stay in London 
  • Options
    I'm not convinced City really wanted him, or need him, especially as they've signed Kovacic for a quarter of the price who can play as a 6 and an 8. 

They didn't exactly go all out for him did they? They made a bid which they likely knew wouldn't be accepted as it wasn't more money than Arsenal's previous bid (just the payments structured differently), then when Arsenal were forced to go even higher they've fucked off. 

That said, i think he'll be an immense signing for Arsenal. They're not messing about this summer, Rice, Havertz and Timber will cost over 200m. No one will bat an eyelid though. If City were spending 200m they'd be 'ruining football'.
  • Options
    I'm not convinced City really wanted him, or need him, especially as they've signed Kovacic for a quarter of the price who can play as a 6 and an 8. 

They didn't exactly go all out for him did they? They made a bid which they likely knew wouldn't be accepted as it wasn't more money than Arsenal's previous bid (just the payments structured differently), then when Arsenal were forced to go even higher they've fucked off. 

That said, i think he'll be an immense signing for Arsenal. They're not messing about this summer, Rice, Havertz and Timber will cost over 200m. No one will bat an eyelid though. If City were spending 200m they'd be 'ruining football'.
    It's the point your starting from, City doing a cool quarter of a billion will just cement the advantage, its marked Arsenal think they need to spend that to get that 9 points closer 
  • Options
    Rothko said:

It's the point your starting from, City doing a cool quarter of a billion will just cement the advantage, its marked Arsenal think they need to spend that to get that 9 points closer 
    Well Chelsea spent 600m+ and dropped to 12th so who knows how it will work out.

A lot of people online saying Rice isn't worth 100m+. 24 years old, PL experience, established England international, and he could play there for the next 8 years. I think he's worth every penny. 

I'm actually surprised Chelsea didn't go for him instead of reportedly being about to sign Caicedo, given his family are Chelsea fans. 
  • Options
    Think its a good deal, I know Bellingham was around the same price, but they are both excellent long term investments. If it gets Arsenal to be Champions League regulars, and winning a league, it looks cheap 

• Options
    Rothko said:

Well Chelsea spent 600m+ and dropped to 12th so who knows how it will work out.

A lot of people online saying Rice isn't worth 100m+. 24 years old, PL experience, established England international, and he could play there for the next 8 years. I think he's worth every penny. 

I'm actually surprised Chelsea didn't go for him instead of reportedly being about to sign Caicedo, given his family are Chelsea fans. 
    Rice was a Chelsea academy player until being released aged 14.