Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Options
    Talking CBs, I was surprised to see Cody go to Everton on loan.  Whats that all about?
    I get its a world cup year and he needs to be playing to make the squad and he was dropped for the weekend to miss his first game in 5 years but its a surprise that he's gone to Everton.  I thought he was a red?

I'm assuming Fat Frank will be going with 3 CBs for the foreseeable now?
  • Options
    Anyone got an opinion on Wesley Fofana? Chelsea have had a bid of 70m turned down, Leicester apparently want at least 80m.

He's played less than 40 league games in 2 years and broke his leg last year. I watch a LOT of football and i don't think i've ever seen the guy play.

Is he a future star or are Leicester taking Chelsea to the cleaners here?
    Before he got injured and when he first went into the Leicester team he was immense, quick and all the right attributes for a modern CB, although IRRC he isn't huge but reads the game well. 

After the injury probably is a bit excessive although he will be one of the top centre backs for years if he can stay injury free. 

3/5 value for money, can see a downside mainly due to the injuries. However if he's behind them it would be a bargain, not quite VVD could be potentially 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Anyone got an opinion on Wesley Fofana? Chelsea have had a bid of 70m turned down, Leicester apparently want at least 80m.

He's played less than 40 league games in 2 years and broke his leg last year. I watch a LOT of football and i don't think i've ever seen the guy play.

Two Leicester ST mates have been absolutely raving about him.  From what I remember, he was playing very well before he broke his leg.  IIRC, he came on as sub at LB against Spurs in the 2-3 when Bergwyn when mental in injury time.
    He's a unit and proper quick.  And he's a left-footed centre-back which to find one available is a rarety.  
    Don't think he's got a bad left-foot but pretty sure he's right footed, think he came on at LB because of injuries to the likes of Justin and Bertrand. 

I think he's going to be a really good player. Suits the modern day style of being good on the ball, so calm for someone of his wage. 80m could put a lot of pressure on him though. 
  • Options
    Excellent young players, ludicrous fee! Similar to the Cucurella deal...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Two Leicester ST mates have been absolutely raving about him.  From what I remember, he was playing very well before he broke his leg.  IIRC, he came on as sub at LB against Spurs in the 2-3 when Bergwyn when mental in injury time.
    He's a unit and proper quick.  And he's a left-footed centre-back which to find one available is a rarety.  
    Don't think he's got a bad left-foot but pretty sure he's right footed, think he came on at LB because of injuries to the likes of Justin and Bertrand. 

I think he's going to be a really good player. Suits the modern day style of being good on the ball, so calm for someone of his wage. 80m could put a lot of pressure on him though. 
    Yes, just looked him up.  I stand corrected.  I could have sworn he was a leftie.  

So in terms of negotiation... Chelsea offer £70m, Leicester want 'at least' £80m.  So what would Chelsea do?  Oh ok, here's another £10m they've found under the mattress or do they say we'll meet you in the middle and give you £75m.  Or would they leave it and look elsewhere?

Leicester clearly have cash flow issues.  Tielemans only has a year left and wont sign another deal.  Maddison only has 2 years left and wont sign another deal.  I think I've read somewhere that they've got 10 players with deals ending within a year.  Fully understand them not wanting to lose their best players but they've going to find it tough.  Personally, I would have liked to have seen Spurs go for Maddison (despite him being a Gooner) but it appears we've got other targets being looked at for the much needed creativity option we are lacking.  

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Yes, just looked him up.  I stand corrected.  I could have sworn he was a leftie.  

So in terms of negotiation... Chelsea offer £70m, Leicester want 'at least' £80m.  So what would Chelsea do?  Oh ok, here's another £10m they've found under the mattress or do they say we'll meet you in the middle and give you £75m.  Or would they leave it and look elsewhere?

Leicester clearly have cash flow issues.  Tielemans only has a year left and wont sign another deal.  Maddison only has 2 years left and wont sign another deal.  I think I've read somewhere that they've got 10 players with deals ending within a year.  Fully understand them not wanting to lose their best players but they've going to find it tough.  Personally, I would have liked to have seen Spurs go for Maddison (despite him being a Gooner) but it appears we've got other targets being looked at for the much needed creativity option we are lacking.  

From what i've read Chelsea first offered 50m + add ons, then a guaranteed 60m, then 70m. All rejected and Leicester are holding out for a world record fee. 

Everyone always says that City spend crazy money but they'd have walked away from this deal by now for sure.

If as expected Chelsea go back with another bid then i think Leicester would be mad to turn it down, especially as you say they clearly need the money. As well the players you've mentioned could be going, they've also got Vardy who is 36 in January, so a big overhaul is going to be needed there.
  • Options
    80m, world has gone mad
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    As long as Chelsea dont buy him before Sunday...
    Sounds like Koubailly and Silva could well be injured for the Spurs game.  And as most of you know, Spurs usually need as much help as they possibly can on our seasonal trip of humiliation to Stamford Bridge.  Sigh.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Surprised United haven't tried for Ndidi, given Leicester are selling before they buy.

Would make too much sense for United though, rather chase a player who doesn't want to move there all summer, or players in positions they don't need as badly.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Talking CBs, I was surprised to see Cody go to Everton on loan.  Whats that all about?
    I get its a world cup year and he needs to be playing to make the squad and he was dropped for the weekend to miss his first game in 5 years but its a surprise that he's gone to Everton.  I thought he was a red?

Think he had a falling out at Wolves and the new manager doesn’t want to play with 3 at the back. 

Cody is also an Everton fan I believe 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Think he had a falling out at Wolves and the new manager doesn’t want to play with 3 at the back. 

Definitely a Liverpool fan, also played for them in his youth.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Definitely a Liverpool fan, also played for them in his youth.
    Oh is he. Mug then.
  • Options
    Man Utd…
  • Options
    The Nick Pope meme earned him another clean sheet today
  • Options
    Man Utd might get relegated this year, absolutely dire 
  • Options
    Kin ell. United are shocking.
  • Options
    What am I seeing from Man Utd?

Over complicated cobblers.
  • Options
    I reckon Charlton would be United 
  • Options
    Man U really are the gift that keeps on giving. 
  • Options
    Ten hag is at the wheel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Haha. My Man Utd bet to finish outside the top 4 may as well pay out now!
  • Options
    Getting very heavily bummed
  • Options
    Ha. 
  • Options
    Wow - just wow. 

How far can they fall? 

I think they need at least 8 new players. 
  • Options
    WTF is this team Ten Hag has picked? Brentford a big physical side and a threat at setplays and most of the United team are under 6ft. Martinez playing centre back in 5ft 9.

They just look absolutely hopeless.
  • Options
    Well I’d just had a bad half hour at home and that’s cheered me right up.
  • Options
    Oh FFS I benched Ben Mee from my Fantasy team this week, thinking that Man U would come good  :D
  • Options
    And they play Liverpool next game....
  • Options
    They could hire Pep and Klopp together and they still couldn’t get a tune out of that bunch of wasters.