Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 22/23

Comments

• Options
    Even though i hate Chelsea, i have to say VAR was absolutely dreadful today. First Spurs goal there was a foul on Havertz in the build up and Richarlison is offside and in Mendy's line of sight. For the second, Romero clearly pulls Cucurella to the ground by his hair. 
    I completely agree on the hairpull, I’m 50/50 on the offside and completely disagree on the Havertz one. (Defender got the ball fairly and even if he hadn’t, it was too long between that and the goal.)

The only justification for nothing happening re: the hairpull is that a foul against a defender can’t be given by VAR in that way. They can only give a critical decision like a penalty or a red card. The ref still got it wrong though.
    Still, it’s Chelsea, so fuck ‘em. 😎
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    A punch up between the two managers?
    At first glance I’d say Tuchel was entirely at fault there. Looked like he wouldn’t let go of Conte’s hand. I felt he was the one who caused the ruck earlier too. Really not keen on him, he’s always seemed like a bit of a prick to me. Suits Chelsea down to the ground.
    all Tuchel.  Absolute dickhead.  Booked first time round then when they got the 2nd he left the technical area to run to the corner flag.  By letter of the law, thats another yellow and should have been back in the changing rooms.

We were shit today, not at the races but to come away with a draw with Romero pulling that poodles hair and getting away with it, fuck them all.  We've played better there and lost in the past.
    Didn't it all start when Conte left his technical area and celebrated right in Tuchel's face for Spurs' first goal?

Or was there something before that?
    AFAIK, and what I saw, it didnt look as though Conte left his area. We'll see when Conte cam is released later :)
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:
    At first glance I’d say Tuchel was entirely at fault there. Looked like he wouldn’t let go of Conte’s hand. I felt he was the one who caused the ruck earlier too. Really not keen on him, he’s always seemed like a bit of a prick to me. Suits Chelsea down to the ground.
    all Tuchel.  Absolute dickhead.  Booked first time round then when they got the 2nd he left the technical area to run to the corner flag.  By letter of the law, thats another yellow and should have been back in the changing rooms.

We were shit today, not at the races but to come away with a draw with Romero pulling that poodles hair and getting away with it, fuck them all.  We've played better there and lost in the past.
    Didn't it all start when Conte left his technical area and celebrated right in Tuchel's face for Spurs' first goal?

Or was there something before that?
    AFAIK, and what I saw, it didnt look as though Conte left his area. We'll see when Conte cam is released later :)

...https://twitter.com/richhomiegarch/status/1558862016110002177?s=21&t=chHmtgDX4zIZTav5B7CXCg

Edit - having watched that again, does look like Conte left the area towarss the tunnel, we'll have to wait and see.

At the end, Tuchel doesnt let go of his hand.  What is Conte supposed to do?! lol
  • Options
    Tuchel admitted he didn't let go of Conte's hand because he didn't look him in the eye. He could have done the same for looking him in the eye FFS. Reasonable for Conte to react to that. I would rescind Conte's yellow and give him a free pop at Tuchel.
  • Options
    Anyway, can I just say what an enjoyable watch Forest v West Ham was?  Pretty much end to end, how West Ham never scored I will never know. 
  • Options
    Tuchel admitted he didn't let go of Conte's hand because he didn't look him in the eye. He could have done the same for looking him in the eye FFS. Reasonable for Conte to react to that. I would rescind Conte's yellow and give him a free pop at Tuchel.
    There's no way Conte's red card can stand.  He didnt do anything wrong at the end.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Anyway, can I just say what an enjoyable watch Forest v West Ham was?  Pretty much end to end, how West Ham never scored I will never know
    Or care.
    I refer the gentlemen to my earlier statement:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    There's no way Conte's red card can stand.  He didnt do anything wrong at the end.
    What about the free pop? Tuchel had it coming.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quiet enjoying how spicy Chelsea v Spurs is getting these days, especially as City v Liverpool is a mutual love fest 
  • Options
    Even though i hate Chelsea, i have to say VAR was absolutely dreadful today. First Spurs goal there was a foul on Havertz in the build up and Richarlison is offside and in Mendy's line of sight. For the second, Romero clearly pulls Cucurella to the ground by his hair. 
    I thought the ref had a generally good game.

There was no foul on Havertz as he clearly got the ball first. The offside was dubious and could've gone either way. The hairpull was violent conduct and a red card, but that was the corner before. If the ref sends him off then it's still a Spurs corner, which they scored from.

• Options
    The only good thing about Chelsea is they’re not spurs 

• Options
    Off_it said:

There was no foul on Havertz as he clearly got the ball first. The offside was dubious and could've gone either way. The hairpull was violent conduct and a red card, but that was the corner before. If the ref sends him off then it's still a Spurs corner, which they scored from.

There has been a precedent set about how far VAR goes back so it doesn't matter whether there was a foul or not and Tuchel is a complete tool and deserves serious punishment for his behaviour.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Fair point on the foul, at first i thought there was a case that he went through the man first but i can see why it wasn't given.

How is the offside dubious? He's clearly offside and in the centre of the goal in Mendy's line of sight. 

If the ref gives a foul as the first corner comes in for the hair pull and sends off Romero then it's a Chelsea free kick and the second corner doesn't happen.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Whether the decisions were right or wrong, Tuchel crossed the line in terms of behaviour and managers have an example to set. Conte maybe celebrated a bit too much but he got caught up in it more than being to blame for it. Tuchel needs the book thrown at him.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Tbh, I didnt think Bentancur got the ball from Havertz.

I dont buy their offside complaints as Mendy had a clear view of the ball when PEH hit it but then Ally McCoist on Talksport this morning suggested Richarlison's position influenced Mendy's position.  Maybe has a point.

As for Romero, yep, violent conduct and should have seen red.  Absolutely no doubt, based on the precedence of Robert Huth in the past.  Had a feeling that may happen yesterday...mentioned it in a message to my Fulham ST holder mate
    mid-game yesterday...

Absolutely no doubt we got away with it yesterday.  Chelsea were by far the better team and in all honesty could have been 4 or 5 with the chances Havertz and Sterling missed.

The salty Chelsea fans claiming corruption is classic.  Where do they think their money and success has come from under Abramovich?
  • Options
    Managers are more spoken about nowadays than most players .. Tuchel ? .. an unpleasant man who has brought success to a couple of clubs but never lasts long .. I suspect his arrogance and bad behaviour become too much to bear in a very short space of time despite his 'managerial prowess'
  • Options
    Managers are more spoken about nowadays than most players .. Tuchel ? .. an unpleasant man who has brought success to a couple of clubs but never lasts long .. I suspect his arrogance and bad behaviour become too much to bear in a very short space of time despite his 'managerial prowess'
    I’ve said this before, but the first time I saw Tuchel and his antics on the touchline, he immediately put me in mind of Guy Luzon - All weird, frantic energy and eccentric mannerisms that are endearing to the fans at first, but quickly become old. 
    We lost patience quickly with Luzon because he didn’t have the results to back him up. Chelsea fans will turn on Tuchel as soon as he hits a rough patch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I disagree Johnboy, Conte sort of half shook his hand with no eye contact. The disrespect he showed was the reason for Tuchel's reaction, probably both as bad as each other. I dont like either team/manager so no bias here but think Conte instigated it personally, probably didn't help you robbed a point of them, surprised how bad spurs were so must feel like a win. 
  • Options
    Proper Super Sunday, the first game was a great one and how West Ham didn't score, was very shocked to see Rice on the penalty , thought maybe cresswell or antonio might be ahead of him, was a shocking penalty but they had enough chances. Really impressed with Forest, especially Neeco Williams he was playing TAA-esque, got forward really well and looks a real player and puts loads of crosses in, might have to change my opinion already on them going down. 

Chelsea/Spurs, felt Spurs never got going, Chelsea in complete control and should have been out of sight. Overloaded the midfield and Reece James had a great game and until spurs put Richarlinson on and changed the formation you couldn't see them getting back in it. Kane did absolutely nothing but ended up with the equaliser, it's what he does.  I did think Havertz was fouled in the build up, however it was too far gone to dis-allow, felt like a win for Spurs there and the handbags after i have already commented see previous post.
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

I disagree Johnboy, Conte sort of half shook his hand with no eye contact. The disrespect he showed was the reason for Tuchel's reaction, probably both as bad as each other. I dont like either team/manager so no bias here but think Conte instigated it personally, probably didn't help you robbed a point of them, surprised how bad spurs were so must feel like a win. 
    Fair enough, I'm always going to see something like that one way.

Chelsea/Spurs, felt Spurs never got going, Chelsea in complete control and should have been out of sight. Overloaded the midfield and Reece James had a great game and until spurs put Richarlinson on and changed the formation you couldn't see them getting back in it. Kane did absolutely nothing but ended up with the equaliser, it's what he does.  I did think Havertz was fouled in the build up, however it was too far gone to dis-allow, felt like a win for Spurs there and the handbags after i have already commented see previous post.
    In the previous 3 games last season against Chelsea that Conte was in charge for, they had the 3 v 2 in the middle in all 3 games.  They completely dominated us.  It was the same yesterday.  I do sometimes think Conte is a bit stuck in his ways.  I said to my mates beforehand its crying out for a proper 3-5-2 but it means one of the front 3 losing out, presumably that would be Kulusevski (as you cant ever see him dropping Kane or Sonny).  I think yesterday was the first time he's switched to a back 4 mid game.  It worked until Tuchel switched to wingbacks.  It was like they were playing with an extra man at times in all honesty.  

Kane and Sonny were dire yesterday, as was Kulu.  It says everything that Dier and Romero were our best players by a country mile.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    JohnBoyUK said:

Oh behave, "disrespect"?

You sound like one of those fellas on YoooooTooooob talking about having beef because of the "disrespect" shown down their endz. 
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

In the previous 3 games last season against Chelsea that Conte was in charge for, they had the 3 v 2 in the middle in all 3 games.  They completely dominated us.  It was the same yesterday.  I do sometimes think Conte is a bit stuck in his ways.  I said to my mates beforehand its crying out for a proper 3-5-2 but it means one of the front 3 losing out, presumably that would be Kulusevski (as you cant ever see him dropping Kane or Sonny).  I think yesterday was the first time he's switched to a back 4 mid game.  It worked until Tuchel switched to wingbacks.  It was like they were playing with an extra man at times in all honesty.  

Kane and Sonny were dire yesterday, as was Kulu.  It says everything that Dier and Romero were our best players by a country mile.
    Chelsea's second goal exploited the gap on the left caused by removing Sessegnon, there are pros and cons to every switch.

I thought Reece James had an interesting role as the right of the 3 CBs, but being the man who was the spare CB, so able to chase opponents and get forward. I wonder if England could do something similar and play TAA as a wing back outside him
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    JohnBoyUK said:
    JohnBoyUK said:

Chelsea's second goal exploited the gap on the left caused by removing Sessegnon, there are pros and cons to every switch.

I thought Reece James had an interesting role as the right of the 3 CBs, but being the man who was the spare CB, so able to chase opponents and get forward. I wonder if England could do something similar and play TAA as a wing back outside him
    The thing is Reece James was so much better when he moved to wing back. Obviously scored the goal but also beating his man and putting in a great cross that Havertz somehow missed.

Kyle Walker will probably play as RCB at the world cup because James and TAA are better wing backs. i know TAA plays in a back 4 at Liverpool but he's so attacking he's practically a wing back anyway. So then Southgate has to decide who plays there and i think James probably gets the nod as he's better defensively.

But with 5 subs allowed, the other one is a great option to have coming off the bench.

A bigger issue is the other 2 centre backs. Maguire is terribly out of form, Stones isn't playing, Coady has had to go to Everton to get a game. Mings isn't great. Then you're left with Guehi and Tomori. Tomori on current form has to be one of the starters.
  • Options
    Tuchel is a proper plum. Really dislike the bloke.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for a 1989 style spanking at Anfield this evening.
  • Options
    I hope it's a real man's game tonight
  • Options
    I can't imagine too many managers wanting a scuffle with Patrick Vieira!