Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - 2023-4 season progress.

Comments

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    See he scored for Palace yesterday in their friendly against Brondby.

I'm therefore clearly imagining that I thought he had signed for Ipswich on loan next season!

I wonder if Palace are now going to keep him next year? Or will he be our big signing that Dubai says will accompany news of our takeover tomorrow! :-)
    Chatted to him in the gym the other day and he implied that the plan for him was going to be spend most/all of pre season with Palace and then probably head out on loan again.
    dont think another year on loan to us would do him any harm
    I agree but I think Palace will look at the Championship. What is important to remember is there was a short spell when he seemed to lose his way last season and he still has a lot to learn although players like him can learn very quickly. He found it again pretty quickly but there is a risk at a new club he could go backwards. I suppose he could thrive and be ready for the first team in January if you look at the other side of the coin.
  • Options
    Be good to get him back but I think palace might look for a championship club to up his game 
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    See he scored for Palace yesterday in their friendly against Brondby.

I'm therefore clearly imagining that I thought he had signed for Ipswich on loan next season!

I wonder if Palace are now going to keep him next year? Or will he be our big signing that Dubai says will accompany news of our takeover tomorrow! :-)
    Chatted to him in the gym the other day and he implied that the plan for him was going to be spend most/all of pre season with Palace and then probably head out on loan again.
    dont think another year on loan to us would do him any harm
    A loan would not really about lack of harm more about progression, he’s more than earned a crack at the championship.  
  • Options
    Would fully expect JRS to go on loan in the championship as his next move probably to a playoff chaser. Maybe Cov? 
  • Options
    our new formation of 3 5 2 would not suit him, if that is what we are playing this year.
  • Options
    I don't think he will come nack, just pointing out that it might be beneficial for him to build on what he achieved. But we all know that isn't going to happen.
  • Options
    Have changed the thread title so no-one gets over-excited.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just hope he don't end up loaned to London Sewage. He's better than that.
  • Options
    I think he’s still a little lightweight to up his game in the championship. You would have seen him easily brushed aside when up against better and tougher defenders. Another season with us would be better for his development especially on board the HMS Pisstheleague.
  • Options
    I realise I’m clutching at straws but if and of course it’s a big if it’s more important for Palace for JRS to get games rather than be a bench signing which for most Championship teams I think he’d be viewed as then he might just be available to league one. If that unlikely scenario comes into play then perhaps there is a chance we’d be in the frame. 
  • Options
    Not a chance 
  • Options
    Yeah. I know
  • Options
    on the bench tonight against the Gunners
  • Options
    On as a sub against Arsenal
  • Options
    Should bring Tom Daley on for Ayew. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ashamedly I'm quite enjoying watching this Palace side.

Full of pace, enthusiasm and a sprinkling of skill 

Kill me now!
  • Options
    decent player but won't make an impression in the Premier League this year
  • Options
    Great to see another player we helped to develop playing at the top level. id prefer it was for us though ffs

• Options
    edited August 2023
    mendonca said:
    15 goals and 8 assists while with us.

Many of those goals were vital in winning game/points, rather than adding gloss onto an already established scoreline. He also created several of his goals too. 

With him, there is no way we would have lost 4 games in a row. He had too much quality, adaptability and persistence for that. 

We went through a pretty shocking run from late October to late December... eight games without a win (3D 5L), including against Port Vale, Bristol Rovers, Peterborough ...and Oxford.
  • Options
    That run was pretty dire. I probably should have researched that final point, but was just trying to get across that having him on the pitch always gave the feeling we could get back into a game.