Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - 2023-4 season progress.

Comments

• Options
    I think Raki has still a lot of growing (in strength - easily shoved off the ball) and lacks concentration at times before he can make the top grade. He will also have to fight for a place in the team against the likes of Esse (palindrome). I watched the Leeds v Palace match and Esse oozed with skill.
    Good luck to him and I’ll be hoping he does succeed in playing in the top flight.
  • Options
    Will be in the 1st team squad at palace next year.

Good news could be that having not managed to charltonise him this season could mean that we get their next starlet next year. 
  • Options
    If you vote for Rak-Sakyi, it will make sure that he will not be with us next season, just like a lot of our POTY 🤗
  • Options
    As expected, zero chance of him being here next season. Enjoy him while we can.
  • Options
    Regardless of who is parent club are, I hope he does get the opportunity to make an impact with them next season.

There is too much stress on going out and using the Transfer Market at times, when your own Academy is there and can be used. It just takes a brave Manager to take advantage of it, not easily done when you see how readily they've just got rid of a Manager new to the game, and replaced him with experience.

Take Charlton for example, Garner was crying out for a defender at the start of the season, that player (through the loan system again) was Ness... On the other hand we the fans felt we needed depth with a Striker (we still do to be fair), thinking that Miles Leaburn wouldnt make the impact he would - Then you've got Jojo Wollacott, I really didnt get the need to sign him in the summer, when we had Ashley Maynard-Brewer as an option.
  • Options
    As expected, zero chance of him being here next season. Enjoy him while we can.
    My mate spoke to Mark Bright recently about him. No decision made regarding where he will go, but definitely pitched towards higher championship club.
  • Options
    I think with this season being such a success for him, it will put us top of the queue for their best young players first loan again which is definitely worth it as they have some outstanding young talent coming through like we do.

We can clearly show how much better a player he is now than at the start of his loan. I think he’s improved under the Hayes/Holden partnership as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is a loan which ought to help us attract new high level loans.
    If we look after other teams youngsters, they should let us have others as they will be in good hands 
  • Options
    This is a loan which ought to help us attract new high level loans.
    This.

Our challenge will be to find the next JRS and his development will help us as will Holden's reputation.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Where as a player having what is deemed a successful loan period is certainly not going to harm your reputation I think it is not likely to be one of the main considerations due to there being many variables that will effect how a player will develop (not all of them in control of the club).

If you look at us in recent years we have had a mixed bag, and for every JRS, or Cullen, or Gallagher we have had, we have also had a Nile John, David Davies or the various Matt Smith's - and I am sure that is echo'd by most other lower league teams.

I would argue that: 

Contacts (Garner essentially got us JRS due to his previous connections) 
    Financial considerations (If the parent club want a percentage of the players wage)
    Geographical area (Young loan players are probably more likely to want to play closer to home)
    Team play style (If the parent club play a possession based style of football they might want the loan club to do the same etc).

Will have more of an impact on who we will get.

• Options
    When was the last time we had one of these loans for longer than a season? Unless I’m misremembering, it doesn’t happen.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    When was the last time we had one of these loans for longer than a season? Unless I’m misremembering, it doesn’t happen.
    Wasn't it fairly recently?

Didn't we get both Cullen and Maatsen back on loan for a second year?

• Options
    edited April 2023
    JaShea99 said:
    Wasn't it fairly recently?

Didn't we get both Cullen and Maatsen back on loan for a second year?

Not Maatsen, Famewo aswell as Cullen. Dasilva not too long ago. Leko and Mavididi came back but not straight away. 
  • Options
    Didnt win the League One Young Player of the Year award.

That went to Bali Mumba of Plymouth Argyle
  • Options
    Didnt win the League One Young Player of the Year award.

That went to Bali Mumba of Plymouth Argyle
    Good 😉

maybe that will put other clubs off the lead and he can stay with us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll miss this lad, very good player with a bright future.
  • Options
    He’s so good. POTY by a mile. Some career ahead of him
  • Options
    cafc4life said:
    He’s so good. POTY by a mile. Some career ahead of him
    Seems to have a good attitude along with the talent. I think a year in L1 has helped him get plenty of experience without the hype.

Very gifted player.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Not sure I understand this stat. He’s not the first  since Bowyer to score that many, because he’s scored more than Bowyer?