Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi - 2023-4 season progress.

Comments

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Leuth said:
    LTKapal said:
    When I think of the other dodgy loan wingers we’ve had in recent years, Zyro who remembers him. He’s a level above wish our recruitment team hit gold more often.
    Zyro was definitely a centre forward! Bulot is the gold standard to which others can only aspire 
    He must have been really shite, as I have zero recollection of him playing for us, and I generally have a pretty good memory
    Did we sign him on loan from Wolves?
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Leuth said:
    LTKapal said:
    When I think of the other dodgy loan wingers we’ve had in recent years, Zyro who remembers him. He’s a level above wish our recruitment team hit gold more often.
    Zyro was definitely a centre forward! Bulot is the gold standard to which others can only aspire 
    He must have been really shite, as I have zero recollection of him playing for us, and I generally have a pretty good memory
    Did we sign him on loan from Wolves?
    Yes, I think it was a January one also 
  • Options
    What a good player he is love to have him in our side for next season for our promotion push 
    Sadly can't see it though 
  • Options
    Too good for League One 
    top end Championship he deserves next year 
    proper player , they tried to boot the shit out of him
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Too good for League One 
    top end Championship he deserves next year 
    proper player , they tried to boot the shit out of him
    There was one bit in the second half in Shrewsbury right hand corner where he had two players basically rugby tackling him and he still somehow stayed on his feet and come outwith the ball.

His balance is insane. 
    I was worried they were going to finish him off - he really frustrated them.
  • Options
    He is improvng his game. He went through a spell where he wasn't scoring and wasn't assisting and I was a bit down on him but he has worked through that and when we give him back, Palace ought to be very grateful. The question for them, purely with no regard to us expected. is what to do with him next season. If he is settled and improving here, is it worth loaning him to a championship team where he may not play and go backwards. They may be open to a loan until January where they will re-assess the next move. 

Added to that, it will depend on the lad. But he seems very settled and I presume he hasn't had to move so there are no potentially negative distractions.Palace will want him doing pre-season with them and they may even decide to keep him with their first team. Whatever happens, it will be an end of the window decision I expect.
  • Options
    I think it’s not an outside chance that we could get him back with Charlton next season. He has come on leaps and bounds this season but there’s still a part of his game that needs work and he’s not going to get a lot of game time in a Championship side to improve on that, even if that Championship side next season is Crystal Palace. I suspect a strong finish by Charlton to this season and a good pre-season transfer window will be the deciding factor if we can get him back or not. If we look like we could make a promotion challenge then we could potentially get him until January least and then it’s down to how Charlton and him are both doing at that point as to whether we can make a good case to keep him for the rest of the season. Palace have a potential diamond and Charlton are doing a pretty good job of shaping and polishing it for them and now under Holden there’s a massive win/win situation all round.
  • Options
    If we got promoted then maybe, but sadly there is a 0% chance he will be with us next year.

Wouldn’t be shocked if Palace would want him with the first team, otherwise I expect he will end up at another London based championship team. 

• Options
    Can't see him back in League One next season. He's more than proven himself at this level. You can see defenders crapping their pants when he gets the ball one-on-one. They don't know what to do with him.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Can't see him back in League One next season. He's more than proven himself at this level. You can see defenders crapping their pants when he gets the ball one-on-one. They don't know what to do with him.
    At the moment the easy answer is don’t crowd him, give him space..
  • Options
    His skill levels are fantastic and that goal from him yesterday was different class. His balance and the way he goes past defenders reminds myself of Paul Mortimer. 

He’s my player of the season but I doubt he will we win it, at the end of April, due to who he’s on loan from. If he was on loan from Arsenal. Tottenham, West Ham etc then maybe he would have a better chance of winning it. 
  • Options
    He is a class act and I'm sure will go on to have a fantastic career. He also seems like a really nice lad. He always seems to give his best when wearing the shirt and looks like he is really settled here  I would love to have him here next year and it wouldnt surprise me if he was. However whatever happens I genuinely wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.
  • Options
    He is improvng his game. He went through a spell where he wasn't scoring and wasn't assisting and I was a bit down on him but he has worked through that and when we give him back, Palace ought to be very grateful. The question for them, purely with no regard to us expected. is what to do with him next season. If he is settled and improving here, is it worth loaning him to a championship team where he may not play and go backwards. They may be open to a loan until January where they will re-assess the next move. 

Added to that, it will depend on the lad. But he seems very settled and I presume he hasn't had to move so there are no potentially negative distractions.Palace will want him doing pre-season with them and they may even decide to keep him with their first team. Whatever happens, it will be an end of the window decision I expect.
    Think you've called it right.

I'm sure he will be back at Palace for pre-season training. If he doesn't make their squad, then they may well make a very late decision to let him go out on loan again.

We got Cullen back for a second time that way. Sadly I don't think we will be so lucky with Rak-Sakyi. If he is sent out on loan agaon surely Palace will want to see how he gets on in the Championship. 

Mind you, with Zaha on his way out by all accounts maybe Palace will even want to keep him and bed him into their side with a few appearances in the Caraboa cup etc. Would be a waste of his talents but that's modern football for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesn’t anyone on here know his auntie’s next door neighbour’s best friend who could have a word and persuade him to stay another season with us? Isn’t that usually how it works? 

Seriously, he will be a big miss. Campbell has bags of talent and CBT can be unplayable on occasion but JRS, like Leaburn, has the chance to go all the way to the top. It’s been a privilege to watch him this season. 
  • Options

I think it might the perfect storm for JRS if Palace get relegated, surely  he will be someone to be build a team around at that level 
  • Options
    I think Palace will include him in their pre-season and have a look at him even if they are in the prem still. Could see him getting in their PL squad but most likely will get a good championship loan after doing so well with us 
  • Options
    My son said he's heard that Palace fans are hijacking our PoTY vote to guarantee Jez winning it. He's a worthy candidate in his own right though.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    My son said he's heard that Palace fans are hijacking our PoTY vote to guarantee Jez winning it. He's a worthy candidate in his own right though.

Only a bunch of saddos would do a thing like that so I wouldn't worry.  Oh.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Small time.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    I voted for him 
  • Options
    Can't bring myself to vote for a Palace player, but he has been our best player this season
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    Can't bring myself to vote for a Palace player, but he has been our best player this season
    He’s not a palace player, he plays for Charlton.