Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th August 2022

Comments

• Options
    FFS Kirk
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    CBT is having a lot of joy down the wings today 
    If he could score he would be in top divison.
    We need him to score for us, not the usual 'wouldn't be with us if he did this or that'
  • Options
    1. 50'

Post update

Scott Fraser (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 50'

Post update

Foul by Will Vaulks (Sheffield Wednesday).

• Options
    ross1 said:
    Ellis Sims scores again for Sunderland. 

Gabriel Jesus has scored twice for Arsenal
    No Premier league news please
    Yeah, no football talk on a football forum. 

In the days when highlights are available well before MOTD I find it strange that we are not allowed to comment on PL matches.

Its hardly the 1970's with Terry finding out by mistake how England got on.....
    Ffs @golfaddick it's been the unwritten rule on here since I qas doing the match thread. People asked politely not to put PL scores or scorers on the match threads....and now you find that to moan about! Bloody hell!
    Seems I getting a load of abuse on here today so I'm bowing out.

Before I leave I'll point out that I didnt post any PL scores (I've learnt not to) but think it's strange in 2022 that people get pissed off that they know the scores of games that they are going to watch the highlights of at 10.30pm. And I bet most of those people are either down the pub at that time or asleep on the sofa. 

As for the other things I've posted and then been picked up on & called abusive names for. I simply post the names of goalscorers that have been mentioned that we should sign & we havent. Or teams that are beating teams that I've been told are tough to beat at home.

Sorry I point out things that are true. My bad.

Goodbye & goodnight. 
    Oh no, Golfie ..... don't go. We didn't mean to hurt your feelings. It's only light hearted banter. :neutral:

• Options
    Kirk beams his cross way over the bar
  • Options
    Golfie is an OG troll but much like Steven Gerrard in MLS, when they go down hill they go down hill fast.  The last couple of years Goldie’s trolling skills has become a little bit of a laughing stock on this board to the point that he had actually to post a positive thought or two to stay relevant.  That being said, he is having am excellent 45 minutes of trolling today
    Being his brother I can honestly say he is not trolling.
    My deepest sympathies.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

In the days when highlights are available well before MOTD I find it strange that we are not allowed to comment on PL matches.

Ffs @golfaddick it's been the unwritten rule on here since I qas doing the match thread. People asked politely not to put PL scores or scorers on the match threads....and now you find that to moan about! Bloody hell!

Before I leave I'll point out that I didnt post any PL scores (I've learnt not to) but think it's strange in 2022 that people get pissed off that they know the scores of games that they are going to watch the highlights of at 10.30pm. And I bet most of those people are either down the pub at that time or asleep on the sofa. 

As for the other things I've posted and then been picked up on & called abusive names for. I simply post the names of goalscorers that have been mentioned that we should sign & we havent. Or teams that are beating teams that I've been told are tough to beat at home.

Goodbye & goodnight. 
    Getting out before we win. Nice, like it.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    Second half starts with a shock substitution.

Controversial correspondent replaced by ... nothing.

Didn't see that one coming.
    Dragged off to avoid a red card.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Goodbye & goodnight. 
    My brilliance flounce GIF - Find on GIFER
  • Options
    A common word more than often associated with Charlton is "almost".

Will this be an "almost" season? The previous few have been like gnawing your own arm off every Saturday, so i tempted to take "almost" right now.  

We are lucky to have Stockley BUT if he is a square peg, then we do need that illusive poacher.  Hopefully the Palarse lad will be a revelation.

As for Golfie, you carry on mate, Happy Clappers, glasses half full or emptiers, we need you all.  

Now, let's see what Wednesday are made of, dirty cheating rule breaking, sanction dodging norvern monkies.
    I thought Washington was a great partner for Stockley, he did the running and allowed Stockley to take up good positions. Was crazy that we basically let Washington go so easily.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Golfie is an OG troll but much like Steven Gerrard in MLS, when they go down hill they go down hill fast.  The last couple of years Goldie’s trolling skills has become a little bit of a laughing stock on this board to the point that he had actually to post a positive thought or two to stay relevant.  That being said, he is having am excellent 45 minutes of trolling today
    My deepest sympathies.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    You mean you've had to put up with his moaning all your life? :astonished:

• Options
    1. 52'

Post update

Attempt missed. Charlie Kirk (Charlton Athletic) left footed shot from the left side of the box is too high. Assisted by Corey Blackett-Taylor.

• Options
    1. 52'

Post update

Attempt saved. Josh Windass (Sheffield Wednesday) right footed shot from outside the box is saved in the bottom left corner. Assisted by Marvin Johnson.

• Options
    Maybe Stockley feels under pressure today because he knows news on a new transfer next week 
  • Options
    Our ability to find toothless attacking options is right up there.
    Not been a better finder of such talent for many a season!
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Goodbye & goodnight. 

• Options
    "He ain't trolling, he's my brother " as The Hollies once sang ..
    Dave Rudd drops to second in the post of the day comp ...
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Hope this triple sub doesn’t liven Wednesday up 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 55'

Post update

Foul by Ryan Inniss (Charlton Athletic).

2. 55'

Post update

Callum Paterson (Sheffield Wednesday) wins a free kick on the left wing.

• Options
    barstool said:
    Maybe Stockley feels under pressure today because he knows news on a new transfer next week 
    Stockton?
  • Options
    1. 56'

Post update

Attempt saved. Ben Heneghan (Sheffield Wednesday) right footed shot from the right side of the six yard box is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by Will Vaulks with a cross.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Triple sub for the home team.

Paterson off, Gregory on

Vaulks off, Byers on

Dele-Bashiru off, Bakinson on
  • Options

57' Stockley tees up Morgan on the edge of the box, but his shot is well blocked. #swfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Colby scores again for Pompey :angry: 
  • Options
    So far: 57%  .....10 shots but only 3 on target.

Weds now had 4 shots and 2 on target.
  • Options
    Can a player have a very good, but very poor performance all at the same time. Because that feels like CBT today for me. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Agree with others that Stockley looks completely ineffective today/in this set up. Sitting so deep that he's making passes in our own half is surely not his job
  • Options
    Antse7en said:
    ross1 said:

Very odd people posting scores from divisions irrelevant to this club. Quite pointless.

As for football talk on football forum, sure, start a thread titled Random scores nobody cares about or if you do care you probably have an app, a radio, a TV, internet to specifically follow them…. 

For me personally I like to watch the football highlights in the evening and would prefer not knowing any of them, but hey ho.
    I just follow the scores when the games are happening and don’t bother with the highlights…
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!