Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th August 2022

Comments

• Options
    Ellis Sims scores again for Sunderland. 

And?  You post whenever someone scores, not sure why

Rohan ince scores for Woking 
    mark Tillman scores for rangers
    foden scores for Man City 
    Because @Sage has been saying for 18 months that we should try to sign
    him & even spoke to Steve Gallen about him - who seemed not to know about him. 

A lad on loan from a Premier League side who seems to know where the net is. But we dont need a striker it seems. We have the free scoring Stockley. 
    Lots of people suggest lots of people should sign for clubs. Hell people are paid good money to do just that job.

Guess what, they don’t all get it right all of the time. You especially. This is not slagging Sage off at all, because I really enjoy his view point and the knowledge he brings to the forum - but I can think a few takes off his that have been incorrect recently.

Difference is when people like him are correct they don’t need to turn every thread slightly toxic  by trying to point score for some childish reason.

• Options

Because @Sage has been saying for 18 months that we should try to sign
    him & even spoke to Steve Gallen about him - who seemed not to know about him. 

A lad on loan from a Premier League side who seems to know where the net is. But we dont need a striker it seems. We have the free scoring Stockley. 
    Golfie. Behave! :smile: 

• Options

• Options
    Bloody Yanks coming over here glory hunting with our club. 
  • Options
    As was said at the beginning of the season..... I do not know where the goals are coming from

Then we went on and scored 🤣
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    SDAddick said:
    Bloody Yanks coming over here glory hunting with our club. 
    It has to stop. We need higher calibre supporters at this soccer club.
  • Options
    'native american' according to scotty
  • Options
    And why does he call WhatsApp what's up?
  • Options

Because Simms was recommended to Gallen so is relevant, the others you mention aren’t.
    So because he was recommended to gallen, we need to hear about him on a Charlton match thread whenever he scores for another team?

just because he was recommended to gallen, he should be starting for us today? Even though he signed for a team in a division above?

Ellis simms scoring for Sunderland is as irrelevant as Rohan ince scoring for Woking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone know we didn’t try to sign Simms? After all, there are several reasons why you would expect him to sign for Sunderland rather than us given a straight choice. 
  • Options
    Bolton down to 10 men. Not a day you'd want to play a man short!
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Compliment for Dobson there
  • Options

We're back under way at Hillsborough. No changes for either side at the break.
  • Options
    Golfie is an OG troll but much like Steven Gerrard in MLS, when they go down hill they go down hill fast.  The last couple of years Goldie’s trolling skills has become a little bit of a laughing stock on this board to the point that he had actually to post a positive thought or two to stay relevant.  That being said, he is having am excellent 45 minutes of trolling today
  • Options

47' Wollacott cuts out a dangerous deep cross before the Addicks break at the other end. CBT races through, but drags his effort wide. #swfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Stockley has held the ball up and made several good runs that have drawn defenders away and created space. He didn’t score 8 goals though so he must be dog shit.

Ironic, given the above, that some people are calling for him to be dropped for a Leaburn. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    This might be a bit negative and jumping the gun, but my genuine concern is keeping Garner as a manager. 

Our last handful of managers strike me as people who just managed football because it’s what they fell into or it’s all they know, Garner strikes me as someone that this is all they want to do. 

This is the same batch of players here (pretty much) and they all (bar one or 2) looked hopeless under our 2/3 (for some players, Bowyer) managers. All of a sudden we are going to Hillsbororugh and running rings around them. 

That’s my only negative so far, we have the second coming of Pep & how long do we keep a hold of him 
  • Options
    CBT is having a lot of joy down the wings today 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Gabriel Jesus has scored twice for Arsenal
    No Premier league news please
    Yeah, no football talk on a football forum. 

In the days when highlights are available well before MOTD I find it strange that we are not allowed to comment on PL matches.

Its hardly the 1970's with Terry finding out by mistake how England got on.....
    Ffs @golfaddick it's been the unwritten rule on here since I qas doing the match thread. People asked politely not to put PL scores or scorers on the match threads....and now you find that to moan about! Bloody hell!
    Seems I getting a load of abuse on here today so I'm bowing out.

Before I leave I'll point out that I didnt post any PL scores (I've learnt not to) but think it's strange in 2022 that people get pissed off that they know the scores of games that they are going to watch the highlights of at 10.30pm. And I bet most of those people are either down the pub at that time or asleep on the sofa. 

As for the other things I've posted and then been picked up on & called abusive names for. I simply post the names of goalscorers that have been mentioned that we should sign & we havent. Or teams that are beating teams that I've been told are tough to beat at home.

Sorry I point out things that are true. My bad.

Goodbye & goodnight. 
  • Options

49' Blackett-Taylor threatens again, but sees another shot dealt with by Stockdale. #swfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    CBT is having a lot of joy down the wings today 
    If he could score he would be in top divison.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Compliment for Dobson there
    Dobbo would have been Kish's back-up if transported back to the 03/04 squad.
  • Options
    1. 48'

Post update

Offside, Sheffield Wednesday. Barry Bannan tries a through ball, but Callum Paterson is caught offside.

• Options
    Second half starts with a shock substitution.

Controversial correspondent replaced by ... nothing.

Didn't see that one coming.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    A common word more than often associated with Charlton is "almost".

Will this be an "almost" season? The previous few have been like gnawing your own arm off every Saturday, so i am tempted to take "almost" right now.  

We are lucky to have Stockley BUT if he is a square peg, then we do need that illusive poacher.  Hopefully the Palarse lad will be a revelation.

As for Golfie, you carry on mate, Happy Clappers, glasses half full or emptiers, we need you all.  

Now, let's see what Wednesday are made of, dirty cheating rule breaking, sanction dodging norvern monkies.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!