Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Plymouth Argyle | Tuesday 16th August 2022

Comments

• Options
    Whittaker crosses from the LH corner of our area, and goes so wide it was nearly a throw.
  • Options
    Garner is taking the piss out of Plymouth here with Morgan in defence. 
  • Options
    Kirk goes on a run down the left but is flagged for offside.
  • Options
    Seems like we are still in the dressing  room. All a bit flat out there. Just hope that Plymouth dont get 1 back 
  • Options
    Wonder if Albie has ever played full back before, ever.
  • Options
    McGrandles almost scores. Good save from the keeper.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Couple of times for the u18s I think. Maybe that was RM thinking about it.
  • Options
    Seems like we are still in the dressing  room. All a bit flat out there. Just hope that Plymouth dont get 1 back 
    Still very much in control though... Feels more like we're managing fitness now, no need to bust a gut when we dont need to
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Think Clayden has looked really good going forward too
    Agreed but he doesn't look like a LB, at least not at this point. And to be fair, he's not. Believe he's played exclusively as a winger throughout the youth teams and it's only been in the senior side that he's played at fullback. 

It does kind of remind me of Alfie Doughty, although I believe Doughty did play some fullback at youth team level. But when he came into the side it was as an emergency wingback/fullback. I don't think Clayden has quite the upside that young Alfie did, but he's shown there's something to build on there.
    What does a left back look like? If Clayden can grow in that position with his pace he could have a better career than someone like Purrington.
    If he can grow in that position, improve his positioning and one-v-one defending, then he'll be quite a good left back. I know you wrote this before I posted my last comment, but I would say he's simply not there yet. But with a chalk on your boots left footed winger, left back is a good option for him in the future. I just don't think today is the best marker given we've largely been on the front foot and spent about half the match to this point playing against 10.
    Agree he's not there yet, we won't know until he's had a decent number of games in that position, but I see the potential there. You can't learn to be quick but you can improve your defending.
  • Options
    Ooh! Interception from Morgan plays wide to Kirk in towards McGrandalls, but the keeper clears off him for a goal kick.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leaburn getting ready to come on.
  • Options
    Christ.
  • Options
    Has McGrandles broken his finger? He don’t seem happy.
  • Options
    1. 60'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Charles Clayden tries a through ball, but Charlie Kirk is caught offside.

• Options
    Has McGrandles broken his finger? He don’t seem happy.
    Is he made of glass?
  • Options

62' Cooper saves brilliantly at the feet on new sub McGrandles. The flag had gone up, but Mike wasn't to know that. Brave save. 3-0
  • Options
    Urgh... Shame Stockley headed that ball on to Rak-Sakyi, thought he just made things a bit more awkward
  • Options
    Rak-Sakyi off, Leaburn on.
  • Options
    Fraser off, Payne on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ideal subs these
  • Options
    JRS gets dumped to the turf on the Curbside, and appears to be cramping up.
    JRS off, Leaburn on
    Fraser off, Payne on.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Couple of times for the u18s I think. Maybe that was RM thinking about it.
    He played RM many times for the senior side, and I know played there for youth teams as well. I think in a game like this, 3-0 up against 10 men, you're basically playing as a right winger.
  • Options
    Morgan takes the free kick but overhits it and it's out for a goal kick.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Can we all just take a minute to marvel at Albie fucking Morgan throwing a step over and beating the defender on the outside towards the end of that half. Genuinely what has he been doing the last two weeks in training? 
    He's starting to believe 

• Options
    How's the defence looking?
  • Options
    Slight misunderstanding between Clayden and level, but we clear out to the dugouts.
  • Options
    How's the defence looking?
    They're down the pub.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!