Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Cambridge United | Saturday 20th August 2022 @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    A solid but twitchy win - first game i'll be watching this year. Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Cambridge clearly my local side, there is a good feeling about them and Mark Bonner is really well thought-of and well liked, I can easily see them doing just as well as they did last year, but they have a bit of a habit of either winning or getting convincingly beat. I think a win will be important for us, and we will get it: 3-1.
  • Options
    Looking forward to this one again, going without the kids allow you to enjoy the game, and I think we'll win well tomorrow, suspect we'll see possession up in the high 60s%
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    One or two players to be assessed, I would guess Clare is one of them.

https://www.charltonafc.com/news/garner-previews-cambridge-united-clash
    I reckon the 2nd one is JRS. He stayed down after the challenge that preceded him being subbed off  Tues night, and was stretching his calf on the sideline.
  • Options
    Can someone tell me if there is an age cut off for children's seats?

I don't expect a 2 year old should be expected to have a paid seat. 
  • Options
    Sess, Inniss and CBT all back in for me. We need to give Clare a rest for the Walsall game
  • Options
    For the first time I feel I know enough about our team to use this fixture in the prediction league. I have gone for 3-0 home win on that, am confident it will be a home win at least.
    Really looking forward to seeing this group of players again on Saturday, it’s been a few seasons since I’ve been able to say that.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Can someone tell me if there is an age cut off for children's seats?

I don't expect a 2 year old should be expected to have a paid seat. 
    Carry them through the turnstile...
  • Options
    I'm hoping that our 'knocks' aren't minor injuries as noticed Henry and Chin didn't play for the U21s today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Will miss Clare if he is not available. Still it's why you hopefully development and cultivate a strong squad. Hope confidence is high and we get another win at home. Important to win the home games against teams like Cambridge. That sounds arrogant but we really do have win these games of we want to challenge. I am feeling so more optimistic than I was a month ago. 
  • Options
    Very tricky game ahead. The Plymouth game was huge and answered a lot of questions. This will answer even more. Cambridge have been playing well without picking up points. This might be different. They will defend deep and will do their best to frustrate. First goal crucial, 1-1 honours even.
  • Options
    I’m definitely setting myself up for a fall here, but…I think it’s going to be a special afternoon tomorrow. Good performance and a comfortable win, Garner’s revolution gathers steam. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Here's hoping.  After years of being sick as a chip at 5 o'clock on a Saturday...
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    @ForeverAddickted why Harness on the bench? Did I miss something with McG? 

Other than that, agree with your team. I think Inniss comes back in, and I think one of the wingers is replaced with CBT. I think there's a case to be made for Kirk (started the last two) or JRS (lacking minutes) to be replaced from the start. But this is the first time in a very long time where, after a big win, we can look at those who started on the bench and think "they could be an upgrade on the first team." Inniss, CBT, and Payne all spring to mind. 

Also agree not to underestimate Cambridge. They know what they do and they do it well, similar to Accrington Stanley. I don't know that it's a "must win" so early in the season, but I think it's really important to make our quality show against teams like this. We won't win all of them, but we should win most of them. 
    I just thought I'd mess with people, given the rumours that Macca could be one of those to depart before the end of the Transfer Window :D - If thats the intention, I dont see the point of having him on the bench lol!.
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    Does anybody have any inside info about which trains may be running on Saturday?
    Elizabeth Line is running 7am to 7pm Saturday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's the Year of the Albie so fully expect another masterclass from the midfield colossus. After Cambridge keeper's absolute nightmare at Pompey on Tuesday there is a possibility of more goals for us. I expect they will park the bus for the full 90 but we should have enough. 
  • Options
    I so want to believe and get carried away but there is the hesitant part of me that thinks tomorrow  is all set up for a frustrating, back down to earth failure. 

Keep positive. Going to be a great game. COYA!
  • Options
    It's the Year of the Albie so fully expect another masterclass from the midfield colossus. After Cambridge keeper's absolute nightmare at Pompey on Tuesday there is a possibility of more goals for us. I expect they will park the bus for the full 90 but we should have enough. 
    Dimitar Mitov our ex academy goalkeeper.
  • Options
    After Tuesday I’m more excited about coming to a game than I have been for ages; knowing Charlton that means a potential banana skin, but I’ve gone for 2-0 in the Prediction League COYR!!
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Last Chance to get the SKYBET 25/1 to win the league……

Or wait until Tomorrow for the 33/1. 

Take the 25/1 …

• Options
    2-1 Charlton.
  • Options
    My first game down the valley this year and I’m buzzing for it.

Cambridge may not be in the promotion hunt by the end of the year, but they are a tough tough side, and as with many teams in this league have shown that they can beat anyone on their day. 

Bonner will be looking for a reaction after the Portsmouth results so can imagine they are going to be very up for it.

But we need to not fear that, and not get sucked in and continue to play our own game. The way we are playing at the moment we present teams with so many different issues and puzzles to solve. 

Rarely ever make predictions but going to be positive and say 3 - 0. 

• Options
    COYR
  • Options
    I’ve been a big critic of Albie over the past few seasons. I’m enjoying the recent portions of humble pie. He’s been very good so far this year. Garner seems to have taken the pressure off him this year, and he’s playing with a lot more freedom. I think Cambridge will struggle to contain him this afternoon. 3 v 1 to Charlton!