Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Cambridge United | Saturday 20th August 2022 @ 3pm | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    It's the Year of the Albie so fully expect another masterclass from the midfield colossus. After Cambridge keeper's absolute nightmare at Pompey on Tuesday there is a possibility of more goals for us. I expect they will park the bus for the full 90 but we should have enough. 
    Dimitar Mitov our ex academy goalkeeper.
    Scored from the halfway line for the u21’s didn’t he?
  • Options
    I hope we can build on the momentum from Tuesday. Has a draw written all over it but would be delighted with a win 
  • Options
    2-1 with a late Leaburn winner
  • Options
    I dreamt we won 2-1 and Stockley blazed a penalty over the bar, expect a 1-1
  • Options
    If Clare is out then;
    Wollacott
    Sessegnon Inniss O'Connell Clayden
    Morgan Dobson Fraser
    JRS Stockley Kirk

Relentless attacking, we will concede 3 goals down our left side and win 4-3
  • Options
    Annoyingly, I have to give this one bollocks today because of the poxy train strike. I'll do a bit of local non-league instead and start my league campaign next week at Wycombe. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Scoham said:
    It's the Year of the Albie so fully expect another masterclass from the midfield colossus. After Cambridge keeper's absolute nightmare at Pompey on Tuesday there is a possibility of more goals for us. I expect they will park the bus for the full 90 but we should have enough. 
    Dimitar Mitov our ex academy goalkeeper.
    Scored from the halfway line for the u21’s didn’t he?
    More impressive than that, his own 6-yard box.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Looking at Cambridge's season so far it seems they either win or lose, and have a pattern of results that looks consistent of WLWL, so on that basis an away win, but let's just put that to bed straight away, this will be a convincing home win, reckon 3-0, and cement our place in the top six, indeed we could be top come 5pm if results go our way... B)
  • Options
    Looking forward to the game. I think we have way to much quality for Cambridge. 

2-0 home win, great start to the season and a feel good factor on here come 7pm!
  • Options
    Amazing how after being so worried about where the goals will come from, many are predicting us to bag 3/4. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Subject to fitness issues, I think it will be an unchanged team, with CBT and Payne unleashed after 60 minutes or so. If Clare and Fraser have knocks, then I can see Sessegnon and Payne coming in. Tuesday will be a good opportunity to give minutes to some of the players not in the starting 11.

Cambridge have a very good young manager and will be no soft touch, although we go into this game with real confidence. 
  • Options
    3-1.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Inniss for Lavelle is the only change today

Henry and Chin replace McGrandles and Sessegnon on the bench.
  • Options

Interesting, it must have been Sessegnon who got the knock last Saturday and is still struggling.

Henry ahead of Gilbey and JFC is interesting too
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Shame about Sessegnon. 

Nice to see Chin and Henry on bench. 

Squad looking a little thin in certain areas after our infamous few "knocks".
  • Options
    No McGrandles or sessegnon???
  • Options
    Love that lineup. Wonder if Sess in injured
  • Options

Yeah that bench all of a sudden looks less strong. Also, even if JFC and Gilbey leave...you can still have them in the bench. They're perfectly decent players, and JFC could probably work as an emergency left back. It feels a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face 
  • Options

Interesting, it must have been Sessegnon who got the knock last Saturday and is still struggling.

Not surprised about Gilbey, given Cawley's recent piece about him moving on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He might be nearly 70 and spend a lot of time in museums but he can do it on the pitch.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    So, Egbo, Aneke, Sessegnon, DJ and McGrandles all injured already and 5 players from youth team in the squad, 4 untried. We don't have much strength in depth.
  • Options
    If Henry is ahead of Gilbey and JFC then hopefully both are off. Shame SS is out but chance for Clayden to again show his worth. Not too fussed about McGrandles. Would prefer Lavelle over Inniss and feel he's unlucky to lose his place after Tuesday. 
  • Options
    Unless one of them is injured, that's a pretty clear sign that both JFC and Gilbey will be moving on
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    So, Egbo, Aneke, Sessegnon, DJ and McGrandles all injured already and 5 players from youth team in the squad, 4 untried. We don't have much strength in depth.
    Is DJ injured? - Dont think I've seen anything confirmed either way with him

I mean he played against Sheffield Wednesday a week ago.
  • Options
    Unless one of them is injured, that's a pretty clear sign that both JFC and Gilbey will be moving on
    The 72 are reporting he is off to Lincoln after turning down Orient 
  • Options
    Was gonna say easy as they've got two girls, Tracey and May playing for them then realised we have Clare...

Maybe over thinking this?

C'mon you Addicks
  • Options
    Was gonna say easy as they've got two girls, Tracey and May playing for them then realised we have Clare...

Maybe over thinking this?

C'mon you Addicks
    They also have someone on the bench who can bomb from time to time.
  • Options
    Where's Oggy with the match thread?
  • Options
    What position does Chinn play in.