Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread [+post p12]: Walsall v Charlton Athletic | Tues 23rd Aug 2022 (League Cup 2nd Round)

Comments

• Options
    We don’t need the distraction of a big tie at this stage of the season. A small, unattractive club will do nicely to further fine tune the squad
  • Options
    We don’t need the distraction of a big tie at this stage of the season. A small, unattractive club will do nicely to further fine tune the squad
    Yes that approach has worked wonders for us this past decade. 
  • Options
    Oh dear.. who's doimg the youtube edits? Has a graphic of the charlton cambridge score, confused me for a moment until i realised the mistake
  • Options
    Oh dear.. who's doimg the youtube edits? Has a graphic of the charlton cambridge score, confused me for a moment until i realised the mistake
    Copy paste the last game, add the new video, nothing could go wrong. No need to even test it as its just a minute long.
  • Options
    The next round isn't until November.

Anyone who doesn't want a big team needs their head tested imo
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I largely agree, although I wonder if the Great Dane would reinvest the money .  Gillingham away has an inevitability about it .  
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Do not personally agree. I would prefer to us be in the 4th round than play a big team. Especially, when there are 5 teams in league 2 still in the competition.
  • Options
    Crawley or MK Dons away would be good.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good job it’s in November then 
  • Options
    It’s now called having a Sessegnon
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Croydon said:

Anybody who supports charlton needs their head tested.

I take it you’d like a big club and the main topic of discussion for players and fans for the next two months or so will be about that fcking game. It would be a distraction, pure and simple.
  • Options
    Crawley home or away next please. Let’s take on a bigger team in the last 16… Would be nice for a change! Followed commentary on here so thank you to those who shared updates 👍👏
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I take it you’d like a big club and the main topic of discussion for players and fans for the next two months or so will be about that fcking game. It would be a distraction, pure and simple.
    Looking forward to the draw tonight 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Any cup game is a distraction, might as well be enjoyable for the fans
  • Options
    Croydon said:

players would actively be trying not to get injured and miss playing at a top 6 club 

I don't care how professional people think footballers are, league one players knowing they have a chance to play at old Trafford/Anfield etc, that will distract them.

FACT

IMHO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Croydon said:

Any cup game is a distraction, might as well be enjoyable for the fans
    You’re in Croydon, I’m in Wimbledon, let’s just say we are at opposite ends of the tram line on this one.

ltgtr, proper charlton posts…
  • Options
    Spurs away is top of the list for me. Want to see that stadium
  • Options
    surely it's time for us to get a big team in a cup competition - when was the last time that happened?
  • Options
    surely it's time for us to get a big team in a cup competition - when was the last time that happened?
    Spurs away under Keith Peacock? Lost 3-0.
  • Options
    Anyone but Palace, that would be a distraction.

Given the game won't be until November how could the world Cup impact?

Will international players still be available? (Theirs, not ours obviously).

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Copy paste the last game, add the new video, nothing could go wrong. No need to even test it as its just a minute long.
    Nail on head with the "copy & paste" approach. TS probably has some back room staff member doing this on the cheap as expected.
  • Options
    We need to get through the next round, round 4 is on 20th December and drawing one of the big teams who will have depleted squads due to the world cup would be great.
  • Options
    Anyone but Palace, that would be a distraction.

Given the game won't be until November how could the world Cup impact?

Will international players still be available? (Theirs, not ours obviously).

3rd Round is set to played on 8/9th Nov. Then there's a final set of fixtures in the Premier League on the 12/13th before it breaks for the world cup, so i would expect lots of teams to be making full scale changes for their 3rd round game (although they would probably do that anyway regardless of world cup) 
  • Options
    A distraction from League 1 is no bad thing.