Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread [+post p12]: Walsall v Charlton Athletic | Tues 23rd Aug 2022 (League Cup 2nd Round)

Comments

• Options
    Trying to find a Walsall radio station. BBC WM covers their home games apparently but doesn't seem to cover this one.
  • Options
    I follow our official tweet and the oppositions, but as yet, nothing since KO
  • Options
    So not only is a shorty cup competition - but nobody can fucking watch it either!

noddy chavvy drink
  • Options

10 minutes on the clock. Nothing to report just yet.
  • Options
    JFC playing like someone who's been out for months 
  • Options

10' - No chances for either side in the opening 10 minutes
  • Options

12' - Diallang Jaiyesimi tries his luck from distance but fizzes a shot well wide of the target
  • Options

15' - Chance for the Saddlers as Ronan Maher feeds Andy Williams who arrows in a shot but Joe Wollacott was equal to it with a save low to his left
  • Options
    Morgan's fitness really showing, the number of minutes he's clocked already this season
    Is it because he is playing so much that he is so fit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Morgan's fitness really showing, the number of minutes he's clocked already this season
    Is it because he is playing so much that he is so fit?
    Sorry to be pedantic but, you don't play to get fit, you get fit to play, anyway.... ;)
  • Options
    I assume it is penalties when this finishes 0-0😢
  • Options
    yes
  • Options
    Anyone know how come Charlton are playing Walsall in the EFL Cup south group. While Bolton are playing Aston Villa in the EFL north group. When Walsall is north of Aston?

• Options

21' Wollacott does well to hold onto a bouncing drive from Isaac Hutchinson. #cafc 0 #saddlers 0

• Options
    Anyone know how come Charlton are playing Walsall in the EFL Cup south group. While Bolton are playing Aston Villa in the EFL north group. When Walsall is north of Aston?

Dale Stephens was in charge of the geography
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    I suppose the line is drawn somewhere and Walsall is nearer than Birmingham slightly. At least I think I passed Walsall on the way to the NEC for a print show a few years back.
  • Options

21' - Isaac Hutchinson collects the ball just outside the area and gets a decent shot away that tests Wollacott who stopped it and gathered the ball before Williams could get a toe to it
  • Options

Easy, it is all downhill from Walsall to Aston Villa..hence southbound.. ;)
  • Options
    ross1 said:

15' - Chance for the Saddlers as Ronan Maher feeds Andy Williams who arrows in a shot but Joe Wollacott was equal to it with a save low to his left
    Blimey, there’s a coincidence. Walking past Wimbledon theatre tonight and they’ve got the Osmonds show on and I was telling one of my daughters about when they used to be on the Andy Williams show when they were little kids. He must be keeping himself fit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think it is because there were more Prem sides in the Southern part of the draw.
  • Options
    Ness at left back is alarming. 
  • Options

They split the Premier League teams so half are in north and half south. So although Aston is further south than Walsall it would have resulted in an uneven split in prem teams
  • Options

Helped by Ian Dowie to supplement his modelling work
  • Options
    yes
    Behave 
  • Options

Lucky we didn't get Carlisle then.
  • Options
    65% possession and no shots on target. I think we all know what is going on up there.
  • Options
    I suppose the line is drawn somewhere and Walsall is nearer than Birmingham slightly. At least I think I passed Walsall on the way to the NEC for a print show a few years back.
    Your Geography is worse than mine. Birmingham is J6 of the M6, Walsall is J8/9.
  • Options
    I must have taken a wrong turning then. 
  • Options

24' - Good spell for the Saddlers... Another chance for the hosts as a corner comes out to Taylor Allen 25-yards out and he lets fly with a powerful drive but his effort is off target