Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread [+post p12]: Walsall v Charlton Athletic | Tues 23rd Aug 2022 (League Cup 2nd Round)

Comments

• Options
    Albie over the top just before half time from our best chance.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

44' - Plenty of opportunities but no breakthrough yet...

REALLY?
    Think he means Walsall... ;) 
  • Options
    Well we’ve not had two bad halves in the same match yet under Garner so the 2nd should be easy :)
  • Options
    Half time goalless 
  • Options
    63% possession. 0 shots on target.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Sounds like penalties….(jinxed that now)
    You are OK, I said that at 7.20
  • Options
    We all know we're going out of this competition. 
  • Options
    We're pretty devoid of ideas already
  • Options
    Payne and Jaiyesimi offering nothing. We've got no one on midfield who can take the game on and create something.

Hopefully the subs can be the difference 
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The depth, the expansive creativity, the quality in this squad!
  • Options
    We all know we're going out of this competition. 
    We'll knock 'em bandy second half... B)
  • Options
    Well I guess that answers the question if Payne can play up front if Jayden is absent ?
  • Options
    I am at the game and Walsall have dominated. Whatever we try is either not coming off or the willing Walsall players are negating us.
    Need a real improvement second half.
    Our support is quiet because there is nothing to excite us but plenty to worry us.
  • Options
    Still not conceded a first half goal have we?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I am at the game and Walsall have dominated. Whatever we try is either not coming off or the willing Walsall players are negating us.
    Need a real improvement second half.
    Our support is quiet because there is nothing to excite us but plenty to worry us.
    I wouldn't get too worried Seth, it's only the Carabou Cup.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    ross1 said:
    Feel sorry for the one bloke in the stand. 

That pylon looks to have made him miss the best action of that half.
  • Options
    Good game for JRS to win his spurs. Would give them the run around at least.
  • Options
    you make 8 changes from Saturday. you have players in or have hardly kicked a ball in anger and you play a young right midfield academy player at right back. Given that they at least have given their all by the sounds,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    ross1 said:

15' - Chance for the Saddlers as Ronan Maher feeds Andy Williams who arrows in a shot but Joe Wollacott was equal to it with a save low to his left
    Was it Almost There  ;)

@letthegoodtimesroll  beat  me to it
  • Options
    Is Leaburn central and Payne on the right?
  • Options
    SSN says Andy Williams got booked. So he’s one yellow card from being sent off. Does that mean he’s almost there ?
    I'm surprised.

I thought that the ref would be a home lovin' man.
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    you make 8 changes from Saturday. you have players in or have hardly kicked a ball in anger and you play a young right midfield academy player at right back. Given that they at least have given their all by the sounds,
    A centre half at left back, 5 home grown players, dj on the left. I'm guessing that the management see this is more about the experience and 90 minutes for some youngsters than the result.
  • Options
    Haven't said this in a while - get Williams on!
  • Options
    Transfer thread update… “Absolutely no news at all “…….. 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    65% possession and no shots on target. I think we all know what is going on up there.
    Dilly dally football hence no goals. Hasn’t helped witj us passing it around the defence and being unable to find a way forward. Walsall have shown a lot more urgency going forward.  
  • Options
    Leaburn is the lone guy up front.
    In the first half no individual really got the better of a Walsall player and our game plan hasn’t worked at all.
  • Options
    Sorry, too much excitement for me, I am bored😢

I will watch for the score later, good night
  • Options
    The biggest excitement was deciding whether to park in the station car park or the one behing the away stand.
    Tedious.