Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Results of match day attendance survey: TOO EXPENSIVE

Thanks to 2K fans who completed our recent short survey.

A resounding verdict that L1 prices at The Valley are not good value for money and that the cost is the main reason putting non-season ticket holders off attending more regularly.

We will share with the club and have offered more analysis - with such a large number of respondents, we can easily drill down into more detail - if the club wish to take notice.

https://www.castrust.org/2022/08/results-of-match-day-attendance-survey/

Comments

• Options
    For me the Key words are League and One. 
  • Options
    No shit sherlock!
  • Options
    razil said:
    So taking the 1130 (of 2000 total surveyed) non-season ticket holders only, 87% said pricing was too high. Looks pretty damning.

Would it also be useful to ask what pricing would make them more likely to attend and differentiate between midweek and weekend games?

We used to do random walk up surveys (around a hundred) to validate the online responses.

good work by the trust here, it is this kind of work that should be the backbone of FTV

This. Absolutely.  Bet loads would say about £20-25. Which ironically is the price they could buy one in the Lower North.  Trouble is people have been banging on about £35 or whatever the top price is as though it is the only price available.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "83% overall disagree that present League One match day prices of £23 to £34 at the Valley represent good value for money."

Who are the 17% of rich fuckers who feel those prices are good value?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    But the lower north is a shit seat, with shit legroom and with a shit view 
    And not all the crowd can sit there!

• Options
    But we are based in London so he can take the piss.

*club logic not mine
  • Options
    32 quid to get in Covered upper on Sat - arrived to buy ticket admittedly late due to travel probs at 2.55 - got in at 3.20! 
    Got to swerve at these prices now ! 
  • Options
    "83% overall disagree that present League One match day prices of £23 to £34 at the Valley represent good value for money."

well the Sandgaard family being some 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The East stand has been embarrassingly empty for every game so far. TS will sit right opposite and it must be evident that this should be addressed. 

I filled in the survey as a season ticket holder but answered as though I weren't as the questions were partly worded to take into account friends and family who might go. Seems like I agreed with the majority.
  • Options
    razil said:
    So taking the 1130 (of 2000 total surveyed) non-season ticket holders only, 87% said pricing was too high. Looks pretty damning.

Would it also be useful to ask what pricing would make them more likely to attend and differentiate between midweek and weekend games?

We used to do random walk up surveys (around a hundred) to validate the online responses.

good work by the trust here, it is this kind of work that should be the backbone of FTV

This. Absolutely.  Bet loads would say about £20-25. Which ironically is the price they could buy one in the Lower North.  Trouble is people have been banging on about £35 or whatever the top price is as though it is the only price available.
    A stand that holds around 3000 people, and is pretty full already
  • Options

Thomas, Raelyn and Martin
  • Options
    Santa Jr turned 11 a few months ago and I felt the jump in price from £5 to £15 was pretty steep. Even more so when my ticket was well over £30.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Thomas, Raelyn and Martin
    And Tony 👍
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    The £23 seats are awful
    Apart from terrible view and lack of legroom, there's a good number of idiots down there whose proximity makes spending another £6 to go elsewhere money well spent. Except then it's £29 and when you can stream for a tenner it's not a hard choice. I will still go, but my overall spend on tickets and in-ground purchases will be less than in previous seasons.
    But? In the UK?
    I assume that you're changing your IP address.