Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

MATCH THREAD...Wycombe Wanderers V Charlton Athletic..Saturday 27th August 2022

Unchanged side today with an expected 4.3.3 formation, looking forward to this one, tough test, but we can certainly come home with three points...

Charlton: Wollacott; Clare, Inniss, O’Connell, Clayden ; Morgan, Dobson, Fraser; Rak-Sakyi, Stockley (c), Kirk

Subs: MacGillivray, Ness, Lavelle, Henry, Payne, Jaiyesimi, Leaburn

Comments

• No Gilbey and no JFC would indicate they're off. 
  • Thanks @eastterrace6168, just beat me to it :)
  • On the one hand, consistency is good and a settled side will help get Garner get his style and system implemented.

On the other, very surprised that Inniss hasn't been replaced by Lavelle and still no Aneke is a joke that's not funny 
    You would have to think so especially in the case with JFC, with how threadbare our Bench is. Though maybe Garner rates Henry highly?

Still that’s not a bad thing if it allows us to bring in another CB and forward. 
  • Was hoping McCleary might not be playing
  • I really rate their left back Jacobson. Would be an ideal signing for us.
  • The bench is getting weaker, in terms of experience. CBT is a big miss.  If gilbey and jfc are off, we need starting 11 players signed up. 
  • edited August 2022
    Good to see the old team back at the helm with Scott, Brownie & Curbs, give us a good show lads..
    Good interview with Ben, sounds positive...
  • Sponsored links:

Going by his Instagram, Gilbey is in a pub about to have lunch with his Mrs. Good luck to him, seems a nice enough guy.. hope the move works out. 🤝

Joe Jacobsen has been a consistent performance for Wycombe and is now 35 after 500+ career games and over 300 for the Wanderers. So too late in his career now plus a step down ?
  • Am I missing something I thought the commentary through Charlton TV started by now ?

Confess I don’t know their team well so was just reading their forum to see what they were saying about their team.

They seem worried about ‘JJ’ as the call him and say his lack of pace is a real issue. Sounds very familiar ha ha. Though at 35 I could see why. 

Shame we don’t have CBT to exploit that. 

• Someone tell Scott it's WHATSAPP, not WHATSUP!!.. B)
  • Chunes said:
    5 games into the season and we already have Chuks, McGrandles, Sessegnon, CBT and Mandela injured. Some things never change. 
    Egbo isn't injured anymore... He just isn't match fit
  • Intresting that we have a u23 game on a Tuesday and Pizza cup on Wednesday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    Intresting that we have a u23 game on a Tuesday and Pizza cup on Wednesday. 
    Wonder if thats been deliberately scheduled to stop us from devaluing such an important U23 game on Tuesday night.
  • Chunes said:
    5 games into the season and we already have Chuks, McGrandles, Sessegnon, CBT and Mandela injured. Some things never change. 
    Though at least McGrandles, CBT and Egbo should be back soon.
  • Just walked past Thomas and Raelynn.

They have Rebellion Overthrow in the main bar, a big tick when compared to what our Fans bar has 

Joe Jacobsen has been a consistent performance for Wycombe and is now 35 after 500+ career games and over 300 for the Wanderers. So too late in his career now plus a step down ?
    Didn't know he was getting on that much.
  • Bloody hell... the entire womens team are made up of technicians?

No wonder I cant find someone to come round and fix my crap Internet speeds ;)
  • Curbs concerned with the striker sittuation, Chuks broke down again in mid week, and we def need some more strike power asap, controversial Curbs, but right again...
    Are you listening Sandgaard??? 🙈🙉🙈🙉
  • rananegra said:
    Am I missing something I thought the commentary through Charlton TV started by now ?
    @rananegra The audio or the TV pre-show?
  • edited August 2022
    Curbs concerned with the striker sittuation, Chuks broke down again in mid week, and we def need some more strike power asap, controversial Curbs, but right again...
    Not if he's just walked past @killerandflash, presume they're both in Wycombe ;)
  • Curbs concerned with the striker sittuation, Chuks broke down again in mid week, and we def need some more strike power asap, controversial Curbs, but right again...
    Not if he's just walked past @killerandflash, presume they're both in Wycombe ;)
    No they're in my house, which was a bit of a shock  :D
    No they're in my house, which was a bit of a shock  :D
    Was that for you or them!!.. ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!