Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton v Gillingham Match Thread (+post match p12) | Papa Johns | Wed 31 Aug 2022 7pm

edited August 2022 in General Charlton
Reminder, kick off is 7pm!

Charlton: Harness; O’Connor, Barker, Ness, Chin; Payne (c), Henry, Forster-Caskey; Jaiyesimi, Leaburn, Kanu

Subs: Kone, Bakrin, Dench, Anderson, Williams, Ladapo, Campbell

Comments

• edited August 2022
    Gillingham appear to have made a similar number of changes.
  • edited August 2022
    JFC staying then and DJ? Would we risk injury if exit was imminent or is this a shop window game.
  • Road to Wembley begins here lads and lasses.... Whose excited... WHOSE WITH ME!!

We hear the battle cry... tonight its do or DIE!!
  • What's the rules on having to pick a certain number of players who featured in the previous league match? Are we within that limit?
  • JFC staying then and DJ? Would we risk injury if exit was imminent or is this a shop window game.
    I'd agree with Sam3110 above, seems more likely they are staying and McG/Gilbey are the ones we've had interest in if the latter two can't even get a game here, but who knows?
  • edited August 2022
    Well I can't imagine JFC would play if we plan to pay him off tomorrow.

Gilbey and MacGillivray noticeable by their absence.

Edit, I need to learn to read.
  • Interesting that Payne's captain not JFC.
  • What's the rules on having to pick a certain number of players who featured in the previous league match? Are we within that limit?
    Below should all be eligible - I think the required number of players need to be involved over the season so far rather than just last game now.

Ness, Chin; Payne (c), Henry, Forster-Caskey; Jaiyesimi, Leaburn
  • JFC staying then and DJ? Would we risk injury if exit was imminent or is this a shop window game.
    My guess would be a combination of shop window and competition eligibility requirements, as those two have already featured in the league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gills favourites according to the bookies
  • Swisdom said:
    That’s a phenomenally young lineup

For those that don’t watch the u23s much you might be pleasantly surprised once they settle down.  But don’t expect too much.  Depends how strong a lineup Gills put out 
    Under 21s now. Yesterday was really under 18s and they defended really well. Both teams are well organised. 
  • Floyd road is pretty busy right now.
    Hurry up boys and girls you don't want to miss kick off. 
  • MUTE!!!!!
  • It is sweet that blokes are talking away and we can't hear them. The tannoy music is clear.

• It has changed now.
    Kind of live testing.
  • Marshall have a lovely Edinburgh accent.
  • Sponsored links:

• Adigun put a great shift in yesterday.
    Probably was needed as well.
    Four in a row for the U21's is a basis for success, and maybe a foundation for a fresh application for cat 1 status.
  • Pleased to see O’Conner start. Lovely lad.

• Redrobo said:
    Pleased to see O’Conner start. Lovely lad.
    I know NOTHING about him. Where/how does he play?
  • aliwibble said:
    Redrobo said:
    Pleased to see O’Conner start. Lovely lad.
    I know NOTHING about him. Where/how does he play?
    Centre-Back, signed from Rangers
  • Is it now OK for Kanu to be ready to step up to the first team and get a hat trick now we are at the end of the transfer window ? Gives the club 4 months to play him and work to keeping here longer after that, or stick a stupendously high value on him.  
  • OK, I'm going to endeavour to have a go at live comments, but my picture has the buffering circle despite otherwise looking OK, so it may not last long....
  • Gillingham kick off .