Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Gillingham Match Thread (+post match p12) | Papa Johns | Wed 31 Aug 2022 7pm

Comments

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    I guess as Olly did the updates, the person doing them now just can't be arsed, right? 
    Or they just set up a load of scheduled tweets at the start of the day, and aren't contracted to work out of hours?
  • Options
    Henry very lucky there.
  • Options
    Kanu is such a raw player (not meant as criticism as he is still learning) - But do love how he just keeps popping up, he'll get a goal before too long
    Was thinking the same. I'm skeptical of how he will transition to men's football both with his frame and also with the fact that there isn't much room for pure poachers anymore. But he sure does seem to pop up in all of the right places, doesn't he?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    sam3110 said:
    I guess as Olly did the updates, the person doing them now just can't be arsed, right? 
    Or they just set up a load of scheduled tweets at the start of the day, and aren't contracted to work out of hours?
    To be fair you'd think as a Football club that hours would be flexible so that the actual games get covered.
  • Options
    Erk. We give the ball away in midfield, but luckily they shoot wide.
  • Options
    Bit of argy bargy in our box after Gills 24 runs into Harness after he jumps to catch a cross
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    sam3110 said:
    You mean they knew we would score in the 15th minute ... WOW 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

27' 1-0 Scott Kashket puts a shot from just outside the penalty area wide of the left post. #Gills
  • Options
    Nice challenge from Chin to win the ball back midwide in our half.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    NabySarr said:
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Have they not watered the pitch?

Are we playing 442?
    Think it's actually 4-3-3

Harness
    O'Connor Barker Ness Chin
    .......Payne JFC Henry
    Kanu.......Leaburn......DJ
    Not sure about that, DJs spent a lot of time in central areas
    I think it’s a 4-2-2-2. Tuchel has used it at Chelsea a bit with 2 wider number 10s that can move central. Defensively we are more of a 4-4-2 then DJ and Payne have the freedom to move central when we have the ball 
    It’s a formation for all the family.

Dinosaur shape defensively for the oldies
    A couple of number 10s for the youngsters
    And a big man partnering a nippy striker for those demanding attacking football 
    What if the real formation is the friends we made along the way?
  • Options

30 minutes on the clock and the Addicks lead thanks to Walker's own goal! #cafc 1 #gills 0

• Options
    JFC wide to Chin, whips a cross in and the ball goes out for a goal kick as Leaburn goes down claiming he was impeded.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    NabySarr said:
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Are we playing 442?

Harness
    .......Payne JFC Henry
    I think it’s a 4-2-2-2. Tuchel has used it at Chelsea a bit with 2 wider number 10s that can move central. Defensively we are more of a 4-4-2 then DJ and Payne have the freedom to move central when we have the ball 

Not having that, Kanu and Leaburn are playing as a front two.
  • Options
    Nice interception in the centre circle by Ness.
  • Options
    Ohhhhhh ball from JFC. Lovely run from Payne just a touch too long. 
  • Options
    Ooh! JFC chips into the area, keeper doesn't come, and if Payne had legs as long as Leaburn he'd have connected and probably scored
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:

30 minutes on the clock and the Addicks lead thanks to Walker's own goal! #cafc 1 #gills 0

He even looks hacked off celebrating.  Its quite sad really. 
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Wonder how many EFL sides have asked to get Leaburn on loan.

Looks so comfortable whenever I've seen him against League Two sides.
  • Options
    Gills come down our right, cross in, but Ness clears with his feet on the edge of the 6 yard box.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    NabySarr said:
    Scoham said:
    SDAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Are we playing 442?

Harness
    .......Payne JFC Henry

Not having that, Kanu and Leaburn are playing as a front two.
    Yeah I'm actually coming around to this.
  • Options
    Terry does like Ness and Chin doesn't he. 
  • Options
    Ness has looked very good so far
  • Options
    Erk. Chin does nicely to intercept a Gills forward ball, but then messes up his pass back to Harness and concedes a corner :/
  • Options

37' 1-0 #Gills corner won on the far side of the field. Williams takes it, sends it towards Baggott who is inches away from making contact a couple of yards from goal. The ball however misses him and runs for a goal-kick.