Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Gillingham Match Thread (+post match p12) | Papa Johns | Wed 31 Aug 2022 7pm

Comments

• Options

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Erk, Henry loses possession, Gillingham counter but nice defending by Ness.
  • Options
    So O'Connor appears to be Right-Back | Chin is Left-Back?
  • Options
    Should I be getting video on my subscription? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Do you have the International Subscription or the one that allows you to watch the U21 games - If the latter then no, if the former I dont know.
  • Options
    Cross by Gills into our box from the left, headed away by O'Connor
  • Options
    Nice ball from DJ up to Leaburn, slightly heavy touch on the corner of the box, and Gills get the ball away.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Do you have the International Subscription or the one that allows you to watch the U21 games - If the latter then no, if the former I dont know.
    The latter and I have video 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No, you have to buy separately. Still £10.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Greg Stubley suggesting we're playing a 4-4-2 / Diamond formation.

Harness
    O'Connor - Barker - Ness - Chin
    Henry
    Forster-Caskey - Jaiyesimi
    Payne
    Kanu - Leaburn
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Erk, Chin gives the ball away, quite some way up field, Gills cross into the box but it runs out of play before the forwards can reach it.
  • Options

4' 0-0 #Gills have started in a straight 4-4-2 with Adelakun on the right and Macca on the left of midfield. Kashket is up top with Walker. Decent start from the visitors, some nice fluid Football being played. Kashket now has space to work, his low cross doesn't find Walker.
  • Options
    JFC tries to pick out Chin on a run down the left, but it's cleared. Down the other end Henry appears to take out his man but the ref ain't that fussed.
  • Options
    JFC going through the motions, such a shame. It's either in my head he's either protecting himself or has lost his confidence.
  • Options
    O'Connor down the right, heads towards the corner of their box, but gets levered off the ball
  • Options
    Charlie Barker hoofs clear and nearly takes out the commentary position :)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    JFC going through the motions, such a shame. It's either in my head he's either protecting himself or has lost his confidence.
    Yeah I've been thinking the same so far... Reminds me of when we lost on penalties to Colchester a few years ago and Nicky Ajose was on commentary.

Ezri Konsa missing the last effort, and sending us out, summed up how much Ajose cared about this competition as he just came out with: "Shame" without any emotion in his voice.
  • Options
    Kanu fgs 7/1
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Ouch... Gillingham should be ahead - Great from Harness to narrow the angle against Alex MacDonald who ran in behind, yet hit it wide of the post.
  • Options

9' 0-0 Big chance for #Gills and it falls to MacDonald, on the right side of the six-yard box he is played in. Has to take his shot quickly as the keeper comes out, he guides his effort beyond Nathan Harness but also the far post.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PHEW!!! MacDonald for Gills evade the defence but Harness makes a good block, though we have a goal kick somehow.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Had the same thought a minute ago. I mean, he's clearly not in the first team picture and may well be off tomorrow. I can certainly understand why he might feel disenchanted. I still think a fit and firing JFC could be a real asset to this team. It just seems there's a contractual issue.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    That MacDonald chap is built like I was at my heaviest 
  • Options
    I completely forgot Charlie Barker exists. How's he developing? I know he had some injury issues, but haven't seen or heard anything about him and a lot of youth team players seem to have leap frogged him.
  • Options
    Great little cross from Jaiyesimi, Kanu did well to get on it too.
  • Options
    DJ crosses which Kanu gets his head on and goes wide... Was never troubling the Goalkeeper, but the young Striker did well to get his head on it.

Think its his first involvement of the game.
  • Options
    Ooh, nice bit of work on the edge of the area from Leaburn and Payne, DJ crosses in from the left, and Kanu cranes to head slightly high and wide.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Kanu just missed Leaburns cross for a tap in. 

Greg suggesting the grass is too long 🤣
  • Options
    Have they not watered the pitch?

Are we playing 442?
  • Options
    Obviously there is no one doing updates on CAFC Twitter, so I will follow others on here, thanks