Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Gillingham Match Thread (+post match p12) | Papa Johns | Wed 31 Aug 2022 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Kanu again inches from a tap in after Leaburn has his shot stopped.
  • Options
    Oooh! Leaburn has a shot, the keeper spills, Kanu tries with the rebound but the keeper recovers well to save.
  • Options
    They have clocked my video and turned it off 😢😢😢
  • Options

17' 1-0 Low left footed shot from Jack Payne 20 yards out is gathered by Turner. Leaburn's shot is then also saved by Turner with a follow up well blocked. #Gills
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Have they not watered the pitch?

Are we playing 442?
    Think it's actually 4-3-3

Harness
    O'Connor Barker Ness Chin
    .......Payne JFC Henry
    Kanu.......Leaburn......DJ
    I think it's a 4-4-2
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Have they not watered the pitch?

Are we playing 442?
    Think it's actually 4-3-3

Harness
    O'Connor Barker Ness Chin
    .......Payne JFC Henry
    Kanu.......Leaburn......DJ
    Not sure about that, DJs spent a lot of time in central areas
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Should have kept your mouth shut - the walls have ears ;)
  • Options

19' 1-0 Adelakun's right footed cross is headed narrowly wide by Walker. #Gills
  • Options
    Gills 21 comes into the area, but is well shepherded away by Chin and manages to stick a foot in to poke the ball away.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Why do we insist on playing a right footer at left back?

Not really fair on young Chin.
    I think it's a case of he's just the best young fullback (not in the senior team) at the club at the moment. O'Connor playing on the right is usually a CB I believe. We played Ness at LB in the League Cup, and played him at RB when he came on against QPR. He's naturally a CB as well.

Clayden seems to be first choice LB at the moment with Egbo and Sess hurt. With this being Clayden's first run of senior starts, you don't want to risk burning him out by playing him in a meaningless competition. So I think it's Chin by default. 
  • Options
    I guess as Olly did the updates, the person doing them now just can't be arsed, right? 
  • Options
    Henry plays DJ into the area, who just manages to get a cross in before the ball runs out of play, but it's easily collected by the keeper.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    sam3110 said:
    I guess as Olly did the updates, the person doing them now just can't be arsed, right? 
    Told us about the goal otherwise nothing
  • Options
    Payne JFC Henry DJ
        Kanu.......Leaburn

Out of possession and a box in it? 
  • Options
    I'd say 4-4-2 is right.

JFC and Henry deep

Payne and Jaiyesimi on the flanks

Leaburn and Kanu up top. 

When Jaiyesimi comes inside (ooer) Chin fills in his flank.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Me too!
  • Options
    Bah, mix up in the Gills defence, Kanu comes into the area, but the ball's taken off him before he can shoot.
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    Oh Kanu could have a bloody hat-trick... Can see how green he is - Oh very well done though lad to drop into our half and get an interception.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    FFS... Jaiyesimi crosses into the box and our new Striker: Walker is no where to be seen - Another one goal wonder it seems
    I've always said he needs 10 chances to score a tap in
  • Options

22' 1-0 Kanu snatches possession as Baggott and Wright go for the same ball. The striker drives towards the box but Wright puts in a good challenge. Cross by Harris O'Connor is placed narrowly wide by Kanu. #Gills
  • Options
    Oooh! Nice bit of work on the edge of the area by Leaburn passes wide to O'Connor and he crosses to Kanu, but the ball goes out for a goal kick.
  • Options
    Charlton come forward again, JFC crosses, but the defender puts it out for a corner on the right.
  • Options
    Not sure the corner beat the first man, and it's out for a throw.
  • Options
    I see what you all are saying about 4-4-2, but I'm sticking with my 4-3-3 shout. Think there's a lot of interchange between Leaburn and Kanu. But when we defend, DJ drops to the left, and one of Leaburn or Kanu pulls out to the right.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Not sure the corner beat the first man
    Nice to see the kids copying the seniors