Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Gillingham Match Thread (+post match p12) | Papa Johns | Wed 31 Aug 2022 7pm

Comments

• Options
    2 mins added time.
  • Options
    JFC concedes a free kick on the back end of the centre circle.
  • Options
    Payne forward, wide to Ladapo, gets into the box and past his man and wins a corner.
  • Options
    How can a circle have an end?
  • Options
    🎸 a clean sheet win 🎸
  • Options
    Corner taken and the ref immediately blows up (no, not literally 🙄 )
    Final Score 3-0
  • Options
    Thanks everyone, we’ll keep the post-match comments here.
  • Options
    Thanks all for the updates
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done young men!
  • Options
    Listening on Talksport 2, they were saying Aaron Henry looked extremely impressive.

How long until he's in contention for a starting spot in league games? Or is he not there yet?
  • Options
    Hmm, rebellion from the tannoy crew? Addicks to Victory doesn't come on until after Into The Valley.
  • Options
    Cracking performance. The future looks bright!
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Hmm, rebellion from the tannoy crew? Addicks to Victory doesn't come on until after Into The Valley.
    Liked the little bit of Mull of Kintyre 
  • Options
    Every time we play these games,we see players making their debuts,we must have one of the best production lines in the uk.A really good performance tonight,although I thought JFC ran the show.
  • Options
    Payne has to figure in the reckoning for a start on Saturday based on that 
  • Options
    Good performance. Well done the lads.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thoroughly enjoyable evening. Good performance by the whole team. 8 of them have been playing together in the youth set up so it felt pretty cohesive from early on.
    Interestingly it was mainly 442 with Leaburn and Kanu up front.
    Payne improved as the game went on and made a big impression second half.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Payne has to figure in the reckoning for a start on Saturday based on that 
    He's gonna be really useful in unlocking teams that sit back at the Valley, that's for sure.
  • Options

Watched on a stream and thoroughly enjoyable it was too. Gillingham were extremely poor but I thought we played some very calm, fluid and progressive football. 

Complete domination in midfield, as you might expect with Henry, JFC and Payne, whilst all the young lads in defence did well, recognising that the opposition were toothless. Attacking wise, DJ had an impressive first hour and it was good to see Tyreece Campbell get on as a late sub after all his injury problems.

I doubt that the 10,000 prize money for the win will cover the electricity bill but it was entertaining, good experience for our youngsters and useful minutes for Payne and JFC. 

• Options
    Yep decent performance. Charlie Barker always impresses me. Surprised he hasn't really kicked on. Like the look of Ness. I thought Payne was also impressive. Leaburn looking like a real prospect. Quite a bit to his game 
  • Options
    Thanks for the reports. Fun time at the Valley!
  • Options
    Very enjoyable game and some very promising performances all over the pitch.

Chin the pick of an impressive bunch for me. What a player.
  • Options
     Very enjoyable game. A good mixture of experience and youth, which combined to make a fluid passing side.
    Only slight downside was giving the ball away with loose passes, which in a league game would be punished. Henry and JFC the main culprits.
    Having said that, the movement and passing was excellent throughout, made Gillingham look quite pedestrian at times.