Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Gillingham Match Thread (+post match p12) | Papa Johns | Wed 31 Aug 2022 7pm

Comments

• Options
    Enjoyed the game.

Should probably have won by more 

All the players did well.

Gillingham were totally outplayed and didn't have a sniff until we made a lot of subs and the game was effectively over at three nil.

Saw the new defender. Not that tall but solid as a rock.
  • Options
    Enjoyed the game.

Gillingham were totally outplayed and didn't have a sniff until we made a lot of subs and the game was effectively over at three nil.

I thought the Forward was done, and we were still working on a Defender.

Unless you're on your summer of wind ups ;)
  • Options
    Mostly good, but we did have a few sloppy moments. Not getting carried away though, because Gills were appalling.
  • Options
    Garner = Great news
  • Options
    Enjoyed that. At the Valley with my daughter who at 21 is older than most of our players tonight.  
    O'Connor may well be slotting in when Sean Clare gets his 5th booking on that performance. Payne was good too. Henry scored on his birthday. And Leaburn's goal -rarely have I been so confident watching a player shrugging off defenders that a goal is going to result. Gills were fairly terrible only their no 9 looked at the races. If I was Neil Harris I would be cursing this distraction cos if they're playing like that in L2 they'll have a derby with Maidstone again soon. 
  • Options
    Enjoyed the game.

John Stones?
    Not unless he’s got a Tardis or DeLorean 😉 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the updates @aliwibble

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would echo the above praise and I love Ness. That was a good tenner spent to go tonight!
  • Options
    Did anyone ask about the formation in the post-match presser?!?!?! It's what we've all been waiting for!
  • Options
    I don't think O'Connor is ahead of Chin for the sub RB spot?
  • Options
    this is the first time in my football watching  life (45 years) i didn't realise we had a game 
    sounds good for the kids

i still want out of it !!

concentrate on the league cup , fa cup and league one
    too many london based  u21 teams winning , the shame of having to play one of them is too much for this football snob to take 
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    Did anyone ask about the formation in the post-match presser?!?!?! It's what we've all been waiting for!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7hEqCdAwjs
  • Options
    I would echo the above praise and I love Ness. That was a good tenner spent to go tonight!

Yeah really impressed by him today as well, as I was in pre season when he played at CB.
  • Options
    Cannot underestimate how important it is for us to get our young core tied down. If we can keep Leaburn, Henry, Kanu, Elewere etc. and have them playing consistently under Garner ball at some point in the future then we will have some team.
    This. Fair enough to strengthen the team, but we have some absolute gem's coming through, and we need to sell the Charlton dream to keep them with us.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Cannot underestimate how important it is for us to get our young core tied down. If we can keep Leaburn, Henry, Kanu, Elewere etc. and have them playing consistently under Garner ball at some point in the future then we will have some team.
    This. Fair enough to strengthen the team, but we have some absolute gem's coming through, and we need to sell the Charlton dream to keep them with us.

>>This. Fair enough to strengthen the team, but we have some absolute gem's coming through, and we need to sell the Charlton dream to keep them with us.<<

Their chance to a see a rock star of the future up close. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Guess Dench will go LB, so we've natural footed players at Full-Back now
    There's radical.
  • Options
    That was a good read but I didn't like the lack of information about Andy Williams.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I don't think O'Connor is ahead of Chin for the sub RB spot?
    I am biased in favour of O’Conner, but Chin is ahead at LB and RB.
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that tonight. All of our players using the ball well, scoring good goals and 3rd cup win of the season (where is that Del Boy falling backward gif…?)
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    To be honest, I thought we might struggle tonight. But hey, what do I know. I really enjoyed that as I did the U21s yesterday. The whole club from the youth through to the first team is really playing with an identity. I like it. Impressive performances all round tonight. How ridiculously tall is Miles Leaburn compared to Jack Payne and Richard Chin

Looks like a Dad with his kid and his kid's best mate :)
  • Options
    Really enjoyed that tonight. All of our players using the ball well, scoring good goals and 3rd cup win of the season (where is that Del Boy falling backward gif…?)