Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Sat 3rd Sep 2022 3pm

Comments

• AndyG said:
    Currently 13th. It took 2 managers 46 games to get there last season.....Garner's taken just 7 👏
    FFS mate give it a rest for Gods sake !
    But he’s right - for various reasons I’ve not been for two seasons I went to the last home game and it was atrocious football utter crap unless you like the ball passed across the defence twenty times before they hoof it up the pitch to Slugley the centre forward.
    crap players crap owner, crap manager no investment, bullshit excuses. Same shiite different owner. Tossers the lot em and they expect people to pay for the pleasure.
  • Bolton have worked very hard with the press and we've just not been able to get any sort of passing game together. Let's see if there's a plan B for the second half.
  • Great Brownie," a slight chance of handball" ffs man open yer eyes it was as blatant as you can get it,,
  • Golfie sure is active for a man who has been claiming every other post for the last couple of days that he was disillusioned/going to stop going/taking a step back etc 😉
  • edited September 2022
    Garner's system is scarily open. We give the opposition so much space. Think we will concede a lot of goals this season. 
  • when will we ever get a decent manager who will pick a team and a system that will make it difficult for the opposition.

If it’s not working have a plan b for fucks sake.
  • Bolton first goal was put in by the player hand.. reply has shown ..
  • Talal said:
    Stockley off leeburn on in the middle, why not?
    He'll be dominated too. Is there not a way we can play both up there? Got to be some flexibility with the formation. 
    I don't know that going to 4-4-2 is going to help our being dominated in midfield. I don't know that 3-5-2 suits us well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Watching the goals back - our defence is dreadful. Hasn't improved at all from last season, it's still so easy to get it out wide and then find a man in the middle. Maybe 4 men unmarked for their second?
  • when will we ever get a decent manager who will pick a team and a system that will make it difficult for the opposition.

If it’s not working have a plan b for fucks sake.
    Go and Google all the top managers in the premiership. Google their name and ‘plan B’, and see what comes up and report back here thanks.
  • Greenie said:
    AndyG said:
    Currently 13th. It took 2 managers 46 games to get there last season.....Garner's taken just 7 👏
    FFS mate give it a rest for Gods sake !
    But he’s right - for various reasons I’ve not been for two seasons I went to the last home game and it was atrocious football utter crap unless you like the ball passed across the defence twenty times before they hoof it up the pitch to Slugley the centre forward.
    crap players crap owner, crap manager no investment, bullshit excuses. Same shiite different owner. Tossers the lot em and they expect people to pay for the pleasure.
    I think it's important that you're taking this in stride. 
  • We are short on our left side, Bolton are using the width. Garner needs to think how we reduce that threat. He doesnt have too many options with no experienced full back in the squad.
  • Feel sorry for Claydon as he is being targeted by Bolton and he’s having a mate. Lost the ball for their first and sold himself during the build up to the second. Mind you  he is getting no help from
    Kirk
  • This blokes quality. 
  • Stockley is playing in a system that doesn't suit him. Garner apparently watched videos of last season's games so must have seen that Stockley does not suit his system and he must have known of Chuks difficulties and didn't attempt to recruit a striker until just before the window closes, guess the T&MS know better
  • Sponsored links:

• Loving Dave in Spain 🥰
  • Dave Walker….good lad HT on Charlton TV
  • SDAddick said:
    Talal said:
    Stockley off leeburn on in the middle, why not?
    He'll be dominated too. Is there not a way we can play both up there? Got to be some flexibility with the formation. 
    I don't know that going to 4-4-2 is going to help our being dominated in midfield. I don't know that 3-5-2 suits us well. 
    I'm not sure either but continuing as we are will likely not change anything. 
  • se9addick said:
    This blokes quality. 
    Geezer... ;)
  • Stockley is playing in a system that doesn't suit him. Garner apparently watched videos of last season's games so must have seen that Stockley does not suit his system and he must have known of Chuks difficulties and didn't attempt to recruit a striker until just before the window closes, guess the T&MS know better
    In which case why didn't Garner push harder for a Striker to replace Stockley - All the players signed appear to be his choices, so if he knew that JS was so limited he should have pushed for him ahead of others who arent starting. 
  • Well, we have solved the problem of lots of possession and not enough shots.

• This guy Dave is just naming blokes he knows. Legend shit. 
  • TEL said:
    It's Charlton coniving to beat themselves day.

some many players off the pace this half. We have made Bolton look good and they are very average. 

Midfield are pretty rubbish with the exception of Dobson. 

The system is making Stockley look like a donkey. Maybe he is? Kirk bloody awful and their second goal directly from his stupid mistake. Fraser and Morgan... just not doing enough, no balance there at all. 

Got to improve dramatically second half otherwise we're going to get tonked. 
    Totally agree 're JS. 

On the 32nd minute he did what I felt was his first positive thing via a neat touch to another player in a red shirt. 

THIS is what we have to work with at least until January.
  • Fraser and Rak-Sakyi marking no one in that clip 🤣
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!