Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Bolton Wanderers v Charlton Athletic | Sat 3rd Sep 2022 3pm

Comments

• Garner should give em a right bollocking after that 1st half
  • Currently 13th. It took 2 managers 46 games to get there last season.....Garner's taken just 7 👏
    Troll
  • It's Charlton coniving to beat themselves day.

some many players off the pace this half. We have made Bolton look good and they are very average. 

Midfield are pretty rubbish with the exception of Dobson. 

The system is making Stockley look like a donkey. Maybe he is? Kirk bloody awful and their second goal directly from his stupid mistake. Fraser and Morgan... just not doing enough, no balance there at all. 

Got to improve dramatically second half otherwise we're going to get tonked. 
  • Currently 13th. It took 2 managers 46 games to get there last season.....Garner's taken just 7 👏
    Ah but where were we after 7 last season. Chin up. Another half to turn this round🙄
  • Don't see us getting anything from this unless we go to a 2 up top.
  • Didn’t see the Derby game, but that felt like our worst half easily.

I don’t think we we woeful, and we got into some good positions but made some poor decisions in the final third, but on the whole Bolton seem to have so much space, especially down the wings - and they are able to move the ball quickly to players there.

Going to have to see a tactical change this half.
  • These overreactions 🤣

It's not great for sure, but we knew it wouldn't be a good performance after that transfer window deadline day
  • Sponsored links:

• That was hard to watch. Stockley is completely isolated. He is treading water in this game, and this proves beyond doubt, that we are so short of options up front. 

Poor Clayden is having a shocker. 

Morgan had to do better when he was through for the 1 v 1. The keeper was so far out of position, but he took to long, waited for the keeper to scramble across, and he hit it straight at the keeper. 

I’d get Kirk off and bring on Payne. 
  • We were comprehensively outplayed, the stats bear that out as well. We cannot find an outball when Bolton play the high press. Our midfielders, except Dobson, are a soft touch.
    Let us hope Payne snd McGrandles can make a difference (2 semi fit players), nobody else on the bench to make a difference
  • TEL said:
    It's Charlton coniving to beat themselves day.

some many players off the pace this half. We have made Bolton look good and they are very average. 

Midfield are pretty rubbish with the exception of Dobson. 

The system is making Stockley look like a donkey. Maybe he is? Kirk bloody awful and their second goal directly from his stupid mistake. Fraser and Morgan... just not doing enough, no balance there at all. 

Got to improve dramatically second half otherwise we're going to get tonked. 
    I think Bolton look a very decent side. They're good in possession and good in the press. Santos always looks very good. 

We've definitely seen a lot of our shortcomings exposed, but expect Bolton to be in and around the playoffs. 
  • edited September 2022
    AndyG said:
    I really like Stockley but we may as well be playing with 10 men today. He is giving 100% but isnt going to get anywhere today
    Look, it’s going to get very boring if every match thread spends half its time discussing Stockley, and he, no doubt, has limitations and is not the best striker in this division, but I haven’t seen an accurate ball fo into him yet, they’ve all been yards away from him or over his head. It’s not like the ball has been constantly bouncing off him or his been misplacing passes, the midfield can’t get the ball into him in a fashion where he has a realistic chance to control it. That’s without the amount of times he’s been fouled without punishment. Should’ve had a penalty for a foul on him in my opinion. 
  • Hate the Stockley pile on.

You can't fault the fellas effort. He is not suited to this system at all.  That is not his fault. Nor is the fact we decided to let Washington go and not replace him meaning we have no option but to start and play Stockley in a system that does not suit him week after week.
    It's a football forum at the end of the day and players who play rubbish will get criticised
  • Where would we actually be without a Palace Wonderkid!

Clayden is not a LB. Easy to target now. 
  • I said those that said we needed to sign a striker were mad.

We actually needed to sign two strikers!!
    You just can't help yourself can you?
    If moaning was an Olympic sport you would have a record gold medal haul. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Frustrating and frantic is the way Id describe that half. 

Another Saturday where the game has just been nuts in the first half - Need to calm it down a little bit, disappointed as thought we'd started to weather the Bolton tide but we deserve to be behind.

Stockley and others have been anonymous, Bolton have done well to basically keep Rak-Sakyi out of the game... But our midfield needs to do more, no point complaining about Stockley if the midfield cant even build a simple piece of lego - We could have Haaland in this team (what was it, two passes in a recent game for him) - But if you create shite for your Strikers, you'll be rewarded with fuck all. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    These overreactions 🤣

It's not great for sure, but we knew it wouldn't be a good performance after that transfer window deadline day
    Understatement of the year... ;)
  • AndyG said:
    I really like Stockley but we may as well be playing with 10 men today. He is giving 100% but isnt going to get anywhere today
    Look, it’s going to get very boring if every match thread spends half its time discussing Stockley, and he I doubt has limitations and is not the best striker in this division, but I have seen an accurate ball fo into him yet, they’ve all been yards away from him or over his head. It’s not like the ball has been constantly bouncing off him or his been misplacing passes, the midfield can’t get the ball into him in a fashion where he has a realistic chance to control it. That’s without the amount of times he’s been fouled without punishment. Should’ve had a penalty for a foul on him in my opinion. 
    I agree with this, although, it is clear that the team trust Wallacott and O'Connell in possession in tight spaces more than they trust Stockley. 
    Ive never liked Golfers.
  • Not good enough. Must do something about it second half clearly.
    Bolton have enough about them to suss us out, exploit our weaknesses, and playe well enough to hurt us, as they have been doing.
    I don't think more of the same is going to cut it.
    A proper Garner challenge.
  • Stockley off leeburn on in the middle, why not?
    Troll
    I've never seen one so I can't be 100% sure but I'm pretty sure that he isn't. I've never seen him eat goat and that would be a real giveaway.
  • SDAddick said:
    Croydon said:
    Kirk and Clayden giving them total freedom down that wing
    Yeah, that's the other thing, we're seeing Clayden massively exposed today. He's looked good in game when we've had possession and he's spent a lot of time overlapping. But he showed signs he wasn't comfortable defending deep. And we've seen it today. He's also looked very nervous in possession. 

I still feel another LB should have been explored. I think Clayden is doing his best, he's just very slight and learning a new position. 
    Massively missing Sessegnon
    He'll be dominated too. Is there not a way we can play both up there? Got to be some flexibility with the formation. 
    Because the problem isnt the Striker?

How many chances has Stockley wasted for us today, bloke is an easy target because he hasnt put it in the net this season. 

Payne or CBT for Kirk at the moment is the best solution
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!