Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Shop RIP

Comments

• Options
    New leisure items in the online shop for anyone who wants to pay obscene amounts.

The whole club shop sums up where we are as a club. 

I went to the Brighton game with a voucher I recieved earlier in the year. After spending ages trawling through garbage, I finally found a jumper for 60 quid went to pay with the voucher and can't as castore won't honor it as it's changed from Hummel. 

The voucher is now being used as an ice scrapper. 
  • Options
    Looking to get the infant home kit for the boy for Xmas. Website says sold out. Been sold out for months. It's a decent kit this year, shame I can't buy it. An opportunity for the boy to get more attached to the club passes by.
    The infant home kit sold out since forever online... turns out it has been available in the physical shop all the time. Just passing on in case anyone wants to buy it.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    All I'm saying is after our promotion in 2011/12 I had an online store with some fairly nice bits all very similar  to the leisure wear that has been sold on here...

However some bugger saw it on here (the only place I'd  advertised it) and reported it and it got shut down. I wasn't even taking any profits. I was selling at cost price as it was mostly promotion related and from a Charlton fan for Charlton fans.

(Not too bothered it got nerfed now, but at the time I simply didn't understand it. Why would a fan do that to another?!)

So these bits I would have probably sold at the prices shown. (Variances on fabric used)
     T-Shirts at £12-15
     Hoodies at £25-35 
     Caps at £10-15
     Beanies £10-15

Can't remember what else I'd made.

(The club could start at those prices and add £5-£10 for each garment for easy profit) 

• Options
    New leisure items in the online shop for anyone who wants to pay obscene amounts.

I went to the Brighton game with a voucher I recieved earlier in the year. After spending ages trawling through garbage, I finally found a jumper for 60 quid went to pay with the voucher and can't as castore won't honor it as it's changed from Hummel. 

Email the club and it can be used still.
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I emailed them on the 22nd. Haven't heard anything back since the 28th. I sort of don't want it as what's on the card won't get me a lot with the new prices, so the thought of actually giving any extra to the club or castore doesn't appeal to me. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:

I emailed them on the 22nd. Haven't heard anything back since the 28th. I sort of don't want it as what's on the card won't get me a lot with the new prices, so the thought of actually giving any extra to the club or castore doesn't appeal to me. 
    Mines only £40, but on principle I want to use it.. even if only for a top to run in. Also, its probably costing the club at this stage as they are having to honour the gift cards from a previous sponsor.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Mines only £40, but on principle I want to use it.. even if only for a top to run in. Also, its probably costing the club at this stage as they are having to honour the gift cards from a previous sponsor.
    Yeah that's the same as mine too. Did they send you a new gift card? Again I'm hoping I can spend mine online as thankfully I live away from the valley now, and my visits arent as frequent. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Yeah that's the same as mine too. Did they send you a new gift card? Again I'm hoping I can spend mine online as thankfully I live away from the valley now, and my visits arent as frequent. 
    I rang up, was told to msg fans@cafc.com and they would sort it. Last contact was 30th, will give it a few days and ring back. Think you'll have to tell them they order and itl be done manually. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

I rang up, was told to msg fans@cafc.com and they would sort it. Last contact was 30th, will give it a few days and ring back. Think you'll have to tell them they order and itl be done manually. 
    Very similar to my case, hope you get it sorted. 
  • Options

Just a tad overpriced, will wait to end of season when they are a tenner.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    All I'm saying is after our promotion in 2011/12 I had an online store with some fairly nice bits all very similar  to the leisure wear that has been sold on here...

However some bugger saw it on here (the only place I'd  advertised it) and reported it and it got shut down. I wasn't even taking any profits. I was selling at cost price as it was mostly promotion related and from a Charlton fan for Charlton fans.

(Not too bothered it got nerfed now, but at the time I simply didn't understand it. Why would a fan do that to another?!)

So these bits I would have probably sold at the prices shown. (Variances on fabric used)
     T-Shirts at £12-15
     Hoodies at £25-35 
     Caps at £10-15
     Beanies £10-15

(The club could start at those prices and add £5-£10 for each garment for easy profit) 

So you set up your online Charlton merch shop ? To not make a profit ? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

T-Shirts at £12-15
     Hoodies at £25-35 
     Caps at £10-15
     Beanies £10-15

Yes as a youngster I was only interested in making cool designs. 
  • Options

Interesting that these items don't have the club crest or anything else that's trade-marked which suggests the club have prevented Castore using it. They could also be copied legally by Darren (Stallholder opposite the club shop) and sold for a reasonable price.
  • Options
    Not very nice though are they mate.
  • Options
    Got any examples Dazzler ? 
  • Options

At Horsham yesterday, even the refreshment hut sold hats and scarves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

At Horsham yesterday, even the refreshment hut sold hats and scarves.
    The Camping World Stadium is fantastic for such a tiny club.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Nah my whole account was shut down. I think @JiMMy 85 actually had a BWP promotion hoody. I think I only sold 3 items before it went.
  • Options
    I went in the club shop on boxing day to get my son's xmas present from his nan. I had tried to buy it online, but you can't order printing, so had to get it in person. Although there were a few non kit items, I wasn't impressed with the range. My son also wanted a beanie hat, so I bought him one.......... From the stall outside
  • Options
    Could you imagine the confusion if our catering sold merchandise too?
    Order a pie and a pint and come away with a matching hat and scarf 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Nah my whole account was shut down. I think @JiMMy 85 actually had a BWP promotion hoody. I think I only sold 3 items before it went.
    Wasn’t me but wish it was - I’d have bought that!
  • Options
    https://www.depop.com/products/_theclassicluxe-charlton-athletic-fc-full-zip/

This guy has a couple of the Castore jackets in red and blue available for a good price. Bought the black one myself and seems a good guy open to offers and that.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:

T-Shirts at £12-15
     Hoodies at £25-35 
     Caps at £10-15
     Beanies £10-15

Yes as a youngster I was only interested in making cool designs. 

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

Very similar to my case, hope you get it sorted. 
    Chased up a few days ago and they are still looking into it. One potential solution was a club staff member meeting me at the shop with the item and sorting it that way.. pointed out I live miles away and have heard nothing back since.
  • Options

Forget the price, they all look like they are designed for a moody website.
  • Options
    Thought I'd treat myself for next week. No chance.