Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Shop RIP

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Home shirt is £15 in club shop today.
    It'll be cheap for the players to throw their shirts into the crowd today  ;)
  • Options
    For something that is dead it had a very long queue of customers trying to get into it
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I feel sorry for the children.

How much choice for the littleones.

Understand football and your fans.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    New leisure items in the online shop for anyone who wants to pay obscene amounts.

Just look at that. Absolute rip off. Anyone know how long the contract is for? 

It looks like something my nephew would bring back from textiles at school 
    This is the deal that Wayne Mumford boasted about as being exceptional and new for Charlton in 2021. I don’t think he meant in the way it has played out, but it’s lengthy. Could be five years?
    That's going to.save me an absolute fortune in kits and merch then 
    The way things are going, do we even think Castore will be around in 2026?

Got all the hallmarks of a company burning money quicker than they can make it.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    For something that is dead it had a very long queue of customers trying to get into it
    Must be selling hats and scarves in there now.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    New leisure items in the online shop for anyone who wants to pay obscene amounts.

Just look at that. Absolute rip off. Anyone know how long the contract is for? 

It looks like something my nephew would bring back from textiles at school 
    This is the deal that Wayne Mumford boasted about as being exceptional and new for Charlton in 2021. I don’t think he meant in the way it has played out, but it’s lengthy. Could be five years?
    That's going to.save me an absolute fortune in kits and merch then 
    The way things are going, do we even think Castore will be around in 2026?

Got all the hallmarks of a company burning money quicker than they can make it.
    Massive financial backing, they’ll be fine
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Tills will be ringing after that super-show.
  • Options
    How long is our castore contract? 4 years Im guessing?
  • Options
    Plenty of people queuing to get in the shop after the game. 
  • Options
    Heavy discounts always attract crowds
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc999 said:
    Heavy discounts always attract crowds
    Can’t be true - we are giving goals away and the attendances are crap.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Bizarrely, the home shirt is no longer 70% discounted. Back up to £35. Very odd marketing strategy to drop by 70% for the penultimate home game only.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Bizarrely, the home shirt is no longer 70% discounted. Back up to £35. Very odd marketing strategy to drop by 70% for the penultimate home game only.
    Probably haven't got many left.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Probably haven't got many left.
    ...all sizes currently available!
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:
    CAFCTrev said:

I went in the club shop before the game and bought. Home shirt for £15 as well as kids kits. Thought the bill was higher than expected but in the rush to see the game paid and left.  Cannot make head nor tail of my receipt as non of it adds up but I reckon they have quite possibly overcharged me by £20-30. Ggrr
  • Options
    Keep the stories coming, Olly!
  • Options
    I was quite astonished by just how unprofessional and shambolic Castore were to deal with when they came on the scene with us. 
    It was quite obvious they had bitten off more than they can chew - promised all sorts in terms of creative and photoshoots etc... which didn't work out the way in which it was promised and we had to throw out all the creatives they threw together at the last minute and do our own thing as the artwork just didn't show up and when it eventually did, it had the wrong logo and information on etc... so they went straight in the bin. 
    I imagine it was a case of Charlton being an after-thought while the 'bigger' clubs were focused on, but it was ultimately a very stressful and unimpressive experience dealing with them - far worse than Nike/Just Sport and Hummel/Elite which obviously had their own flaws. 

Classic signs of a company expanding too fast, and not having the resources to manage all their clients properly. If they had stuck to a limited number of sports, and stayed in the UK it might have been better, instead they're covering everything from F1 teams to Netball, and have 2 Rugby League sides in Australia!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castore
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was quite astonished by just how unprofessional and shambolic Castore were to deal with when they came on the scene with us. 
    It was quite obvious they had bitten off more than they can chew - promised all sorts in terms of creative and photoshoots etc... which didn't work out the way in which it was promised and we had to throw out all the creatives they threw together at the last minute and do our own thing as the artwork just didn't show up and when it eventually did, it had the wrong logo and information on etc... so they went straight in the bin. 
    I imagine it was a case of Charlton being an after-thought while the 'bigger' clubs were focused on, but it was ultimately a very stressful and unimpressive experience dealing with them - far worse than Nike/Just Sport and Hummel/Elite which obviously had their own flaws. 

I predict they will go the same way Woodworm did in cricket - Woodworm were paying Flintoff and Pietersen £750k p.a. to have Woodworm stickers on their bats - over trading springs to mind
  • Options
    quick sizing question

my soon to be 13 year old has suddenly asked for a Charlton shirt
    He is around 5'7''-5'8''

what size shirt should I order ?
    Junior XL ?

Or a smaller adult one ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    quick sizing question

He is around 5'7''-5'8''

Junior XL ?

Or a smaller adult one ?
    My question is what have you been feeding him on ????
    The substance created in ‘Digby the biggest dog in the world’ film 

(one for those of a certain age there 😀)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    quick sizing question

He is around 5'7''-5'8''

Junior XL ?

Or a smaller adult one ?
    Surely depends if he is slim, medium or large build/weight etc?
  • Options
    My daughter,who is just under 5 feet tall and built like a couple of twisted pipe cleaners has fitted the child XL shirt. I looked at the new shirt in the shop and the child XL looks very small. I have a feeling it would be too small for your son but you can only really tell by him trying it on.
  • Options
    Always go for 1 size bigger than usual
  • Options
    Cheers all, he is skinny
    will get a small adult then.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    quick sizing question

He is around 5'7''-5'8''

Junior XL ?

Or a smaller adult one ?
    I can't comment on clothes sizes, but aren't kids clothes VAT free, whilst adults aren't?