Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Shop RIP

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    New leisure items in the online shop for anyone who wants to pay obscene amounts.

The whole club shop sums up where we are as a club. 

I went to the Brighton game with a voucher I recieved earlier in the year. After spending ages trawling through garbage, I finally found a jumper for 60 quid went to pay with the voucher and can't as castore won't honor it as it's changed from Hummel. 

The voucher is now being used as an ice scrapper. 
    Email the club and it can be used still.
    I emailed them on the 22nd. Haven't heard anything back since the 28th. I sort of don't want it as what's on the card won't get me a lot with the new prices, so the thought of actually giving any extra to the club or castore doesn't appeal to me. 
    Mines only £40, but on principle I want to use it.. even if only for a top to run in. Also, its probably costing the club at this stage as they are having to honour the gift cards from a previous sponsor.
    Yeah that's the same as mine too. Did they send you a new gift card? Again I'm hoping I can spend mine online as thankfully I live away from the valley now, and my visits arent as frequent. 
    I rang up, was told to msg fans@cafc.com and they would sort it. Last contact was 30th, will give it a few days and ring back. Think you'll have to tell them they order and itl be done manually. 
    Very similar to my case, hope you get it sorted. 
    Chased up a few days ago and they are still looking into it. One potential solution was a club staff member meeting me at the shop with the item and sorting it that way.. pointed out I live miles away and have heard nothing back since.
    Yeah it's been painful for me too, they said they can't just send me a new voucher, I needed to tell them what I wanted and make sure it was within the value etc. I explained that everything I want online is either out of stock in my size or just overpriced trash. That was 2 days ago, and like you I've had no response. It's just piss poor, no after thought at all has gone into it regarding vouchers. 

I think Castore is quite possibly the trashiest sports company we've had. Really not impressed at all. 30 pound for a plain red t-shirt that says Charlton on it, piss off. 
  • Options
    New leisure items in the online shop for anyone who wants to pay obscene amounts.

Just look at that. Absolute rip off. Anyone know how long the contract is for? 

It looks like something my nephew would bring back from textiles at school 
  • Options

Just look at that. Absolute rip off. Anyone know how long the contract is for? 

It looks like something my nephew would bring back from textiles at school 
    This is the deal that Wayne Mumford boasted about as being exceptional and new for Charlton in 2021. I don’t think he meant in the way it has played out, but it’s lengthy. Could be five years?
  • Options
    What is that Castore logo anyway? It looks like someone's beheaded Palace's eagle. It is just utter trash. I can't imagine why anyone would be interested.
  • Options
    It looks like typical branded sports casual wear (is that the right term, m'lud?). No different from the Asics, Adidas or whatever other gear most people seem to love, except it's got some Charlton related word stuck on as marketing ploy.

But then I guess it isn't aimed at someone who wouldn't wear anything where the designer's logo is prominent anyway? The only logo I want to see is the sword.      
  • Options
    It seemed like they have scarfs and things in the shop now when I was at the Bristol Rovers game but I was in a hurry so didn’t go in. Anyone know how much they are in there? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Castore now supply Harlequins and its a similar thing there.  Whilst the kits are decent the rest is a load of unimaginative expensive crap and almost impossible to buy a scarf or hat and therebused to br a massive choice in those.  It's pretty difficult to get Quins merch wrong too!
  • Options

• Options
    If you want scarves, buy them from the stall opposite the shop. The Castore Clothes Shop is just one big rip-off. Shoddy merchandise at sky high prices. Charlton signed up for five years of this nonsense, but apparently there is a break clause after two or three years. Avoid it like the plague.
    You pays your money you takes your choice 
  • Options

Bromsgrove Sporting are well stocked up for their fans.
  • Options
    Castore are clearly very well backed, but they’ve spent a fortune on high profile kit sponsorships and I barely see anyone wearing the gear out on the street. I feel like they’ve been visible for long enough for any lag to be taken into account. 

The only time I see someone wearing it, it has personal trainer stamped on the back. I know there’s a lot of those now, but surely not enough to satisfy Castore’s investors. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Popped into the United club shop whilst up at Old Trafford, we alll know it’s a money making brand, but Man United hairdryers, shavers and coffee machines, really?

• Options
    Popped into the United club shop whilst up at Old Trafford, we alll know it’s a money making brand, but Man United hairdryers, shavers and coffee machines, really?

I bet they sell hundreds of them.
  • Options

I bet they sell hundreds of them.
    Hair hair.
  • Options
    Got some of the Castore McLaren F1 team merch for Christmas and was glad it was got at half price because the quality is really quite poor. Seems like they are trying to spread themselves too thin with loads of sponsorships all at once before the investors start questioning things. 
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    Blue third shirt is back in stock and 30% off online at the moment (Kitbag also has discounts on the home/away)

• Options
    Blue third shirt is back in stock and 30% off online at the moment (Kitbag also has discounts on the home/away)

Who cares?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:

The whole club shop sums up where we are as a club. 

I went to the Brighton game with a voucher I recieved earlier in the year. After spending ages trawling through garbage, I finally found a jumper for 60 quid went to pay with the voucher and can't as castore won't honor it as it's changed from Hummel. 

The voucher is now being used as an ice scrapper. 
    Email the club and it can be used still.
    I emailed them on the 22nd. Haven't heard anything back since the 28th. I sort of don't want it as what's on the card won't get me a lot with the new prices, so the thought of actually giving any extra to the club or castore doesn't appeal to me. 
    Mines only £40, but on principle I want to use it.. even if only for a top to run in. Also, its probably costing the club at this stage as they are having to honour the gift cards from a previous sponsor.
    Yeah that's the same as mine too. Did they send you a new gift card? Again I'm hoping I can spend mine online as thankfully I live away from the valley now, and my visits arent as frequent. 
    I rang up, was told to msg fans@cafc.com and they would sort it. Last contact was 30th, will give it a few days and ring back. Think you'll have to tell them they order and itl be done manually. 
    Very similar to my case, hope you get it sorted. 
    Chased up a few days ago and they are still looking into it. One potential solution was a club staff member meeting me at the shop with the item and sorting it that way.. pointed out I live miles away and have heard nothing back since.
    Yeah it's been painful for me too, they said they can't just send me a new voucher, I needed to tell them what I wanted and make sure it was within the value etc. I explained that everything I want online is either out of stock in my size or just overpriced trash. That was 2 days ago, and like you I've had no response. It's just piss poor, no after thought at all has gone into it regarding vouchers. 

I think Castore is quite possibly the trashiest sports company we've had. Really not impressed at all. 30 pound for a plain red t-shirt that says Charlton on it, piss off. 
    All sorted, meeting someone at the shop before the next game I attend.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Home shirt is £15 in club shop today.