Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club Shop RIP

Comments

• Options
    clive said:

Elite Sports Group: Club shops close amid third-party firm uncertainty

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63743048
    Really strange this.  Is it because the kits etc can be bought cheaper elsewhere?  I find it hard to believe a distributor can get it SO wrong they get into administration.  Most of the times there is sufficient demand for kits so it’s strange to get to this point

whilst Our shop hasn’t been great - it could be a lot worse it seems
  • Options

Millwall Football Club can confirm that it has terminated its contract with Elite Sports Group Ltd.

Following on from Wednesday's statement, Elite has now formally filed for administration which has left the club with no feasible alternative but to end its partnership with the third-party retailer.

https://www.millwallfc.co.uk/news/2022/november/24/millwall-provide-update-on-partnership-with-elite-sports-/

• Options
    Interesting to read that Elite Sports, which I think handled our Hummel deal and ran the shop until the switch to Castore, has gone into administration, impacting a number of clubs using Hummel. 
    So TS is a football genius  ;).
  • Options
    Interesting to read that Elite Sports, which I think handled our Hummel deal and ran the shop until the switch to Castore, has gone into administration, impacting a number of clubs using Hummel. 
    So TS is a football genius  ;).

• Options
    Has anyone got any idea on where to get a Charlton calendar for next year? I usually buy from Calendar Club but they don't have CAFC listed for 2023. Stupidly looked on the club shop and obviously not there. I've also tried a search on Google but again nothing coming up for 2023.

My Dad and I always exchange calendars for Christmas - he gets CAFC and I get half-naked firemen - the tradition has been going for years. He's 80 on Boxing Day and I don't know how many more years we'll be able to play "Is the player still at the club?" when their month comes around.

Any suggestions or links to shops very much appreciated. I'm not local anymore and don't have any trips up planned this year, so online only really. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Go to the bloke opposite who has the stall for scarfs and hats
    That's fine if you're going to the ground on a match day, not much help for everyone else.
    @shine166 if you let me know his age then I will happily pick one up at the stall next game I go and send it to you.
    Ah mate @Athletico Charlton very kind ! Only just seen this, will send you a DM. Literally just dug this thread out to ask that favour of someone 🤝
  • Options
    Both my boys have asked for a football kit for Xmas. Went on the site this morning and appears you cant get a full kit in infants sizes unless I am not seeing it. Does anyone know if that is right? 

Might have to be England kits then. 
  • Options
    Both my boys have asked for a football kit for Xmas. Went on the site this morning and appears you cant get a full kit in infants sizes unless I am not seeing it. Does anyone know if that is right? 

Might have to be England kits then. 
    Not much use for your needs.... Kitbag coming in cheap again.
    | www.kitbag.com

Also Soccer Shop coming in cheap for other bits like track tops: 2022-2023 Charlton Training Anthem Jacket (Black) [TM1673] - Uksoccershop
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was looking as well, they do have an infant kit listed but they are all sold out

https://clubshop.cafc.co.uk/products/infant-home-nested-infant-kit

Good time to have no stock!

Sports Direct have some kids kits from last season, although looks like they have sold out of this years as well. 

Also noticed that they have added accessories to the club shop - you can buy a cap for £25. Castore need to read the room. 
  • Options
    edited December 2022
  • Options
    Walking past the club shop on Friday evening before the match, just 3 weeks before Christmas, and it was desolate...
  • Options
    Wilma said:
    Has anyone got any idea on where to get a Charlton calendar for next year? I usually buy from Calendar Club but they don't have CAFC listed for 2023. Stupidly looked on the club shop and obviously not there. I've also tried a search on Google but again nothing coming up for 2023.

My Dad and I always exchange calendars for Christmas - he gets CAFC and I get half-naked firemen - the tradition has been going for years. He's 80 on Boxing Day and I don't know how many more years we'll be able to play "Is the player still at the club?" when their month comes around.

Any suggestions or links to shops very much appreciated. I'm not local anymore and don't have any trips up planned this year, so online only really. 
    @Wilma don’t think they’ve produced one. I went in before the Stockport game and asked, apparently I was the 10th person that day to ask her. 

• Options
    Walking past the club shop on Friday evening before the match, just 3 weeks before Christmas, and it was desolate...
    And they've got a whole window display of 5 mannequin's all wearing the blandest Charlton xmas jumper I've ever seen. The whole thing is just bleak.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Wilma said:

@Wilma don’t think they’ve produced one. I went in before the Stockport game and asked, apparently I was the 10th person that day to ask her. 

Thanks. This is really disappointing, and annoying seeing calendars for every other crappy club available. Maybe I should get him a Millwall one instead?! 
  • Options
    Wash your mouth out Wilma !!
  • Options
    Stig said:
    There's no need for expensive official calendars with pictures of players who'll be off long before their month comes around. Here's the free unofficial calendar for you to print at home that really shows the year ahead in all its shitness.

Post of the year
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    cafc999 said:
    Stig said:
    There's no need for expensive official calendars with pictures of players who'll be off long before their month comes around. Here's the free unofficial calendar for you to print at home that really shows the year ahead in all its shitness.

Post of the year
    April and December hahaha! Are those tears of laughter or tears of despair streaming out of my eyes?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Are they doing a relegation hourglass instead?
  • Options
    Anybody know how long delivery takes?  I ordered a Christmas jumper a couple of Mondays ago and no sign of it yet. I live in Essex and want to wear it for a do full of West ham fans next weekend
  • Options
    I ordered a few items, it only took a week to arrive in long lost Essex…turned up on Monday.
  • Options
    Last minute dot com
  • Options
    Too late now, already told my Dad he's not getting one.