Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 1st October 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    I left on 62 mins last season v Oxford (earliest ever).
    Hoping tomorrow I'll be celebrating at the end.
    Quite honestly nothing would surprise me tomorrow.
    (Apart from Aneke being on the bench).
    15 minutes was my record. Many yeas ago at home to Notts County.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    You've missed out Aneke from your team.
    I actually thought about putting his name in for a laugh 
    Unfortunately, this is not a joke anymore

• Options
    This game is my birthday treat.

I am expecting a strong reaction to that limp wristed surrender at Barnsley and some bite. 

Looking forward to the jubilant sing song on the Valley Express coach on the way home after an emphatic home win. 

Stockley pen. 

Has the telegram arrived yet😂
  • Options
    If Garner wants to get the 1st team playing well and putting effort in, he should tell them Accrington Stanley scouts are sitting in the west stand. 

"If you want to get out of ere, now might be the right time to show what you're made of"
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Part one of a double header for me (part two is the Vikings/New Orleans NFL game on Sunday).

This weekend has the potential to go seriously wrong! 
  • Options
    I think it'll be 3-4-3, your team FA except Kirk on the left instead of Morgan.

You know what? Fuck it, I think this is where our season turns around. We put in a decent defensive display, maybe we're not brilliant going forward but we nick out a one goal win.

...............Wollacott
    ..........Clare.........Inniss.......O'Connell
    Egbo..........Fraser......Dobson........Sessignon
    JRS..............Stockley.....................Kirk

Bench: Macca, Thomas, Clayden, Morgan, Payne, CBT, Leaburn
  • Options
    Ref not good either … 3-1 to us 
  • Options
    a good win, encouraging performance, those turning up will roar the team on and will be suitably rewarded.

Up the Reds! 
  • Options
    Just hope we can somehow cobble together a much needed win.

COYR
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we take the lead we will draw and if we don't we will draw or lose.
  • Options
    5-0 Charlton. Onwards and upwards from here on. 
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I’m becoming less and less optimistic. But. We’re owed a good performance. 
    3-1 to the sharp-shooting Addicks. 
  • Options
    Not looking good? Oxford have 4 players back from injury and we just did not sign any left backs or forwards. 3-0 Oxford and Garner to the positives that at least it wasn't 4-0 this season.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    I think if we lose, it becomes a bona fide crisis. Win and it will point to a mid table, top half finish but not promotion unless something amazing happens in January. It has been my belief that we will secure enough home points to avoid relegation, If that fails we are bang in the shite.
  • Options
    A must win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    A must win.
    I’d normally say it’s silly to talk like that so early on but it certainly feels like we really need three points tomorrow. 

We aren’t good, but neither are Oxford. I’ll back us to scrape a win, actually I’ve bet on us so that’s probably the kiss of death!  
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    A must win.
    How many weeks in a row, and no one noticed! 😂
  • Options
    Can't see where the next win is coming from as we are in freefall.

1-3
  • Options
    Oxford have 4 of their best players back from injury tomorrow apparently. Of course they do🙄 Fancy us to nick it 2-1. Small crowd due to train strike/interest strike and ticket prices
  • Options
    Just like last week, I have little faith. I think we could sneak a 1-1 draw, but realistically can see a 2-1 loss.
  • Options
    I left on 62 mins last season v Oxford (earliest ever).
    Hoping tomorrow I'll be celebrating at the end.
    Quite honestly nothing would surprise me tomorrow.
    (Apart from Aneke being on the bench).
    15 minutes was my record. Many yeas ago at home to Notts County.
    Good point, my involuntary record leaving was at HT also v Notts C in the early 80's.
    I got a cab as one of my friends was getting married at the church on Blackheath at 4.30.
  • Options
    Old fashion end to end football match in the rain & the mud with the victors being those in red.

3-2.
  • Options
    Old fashion end to end football match in the rain & the mud with the victors being those in red.

3-2.
    Will we come back to win from behind? It’s possible with that kind of scoreline…