Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 1st October 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    4-3  ... cracking game ahead!
  • Options
    Feverishly excited, roll on three 0' clock!
  • Options
    he will play mcCrappy and we will lose 2-1 

• Options
    Well, according to the SLP, Oxford have got of their injured list back available.  Not what we want to hear.  Also, Payne thinks we're going in the right direction, we just need to be clinical in front of goal and not let our heads drop if we don't score straight away.
  • Options
    It’s unlikely but I’d say 2 wins will get our season back on track
    Two wins out of the next 36 will see us relegated.
  • Options
    Well, according to the SLP, Oxford have got of their injured list back available.  Not what we want to hear.  Also, Payne thinks we're going in the right direction, we just need to be clinical in front of goal and not let our heads drop if we don't score straight away.
    'Just' is such a small word.
  • Options
    Dull single goal win but when you’re this shit we’ll take what we’re given .

• Options
    Matchday!

Lets park all the negativity a fair distance from the ground and get behind the boys today straight from the off. Come on You Addicks! 
    That’s the spirit AFKA. Let’s get behind the boys.

“WE’VE GOT SUPER BENNY GARNER

HE KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED

A NEW CENTRE BACK, SOMEONE ELSE IN ATTACK

THEN WE’LL BE ON OUR WAY TO CHAMPIONSHIP!”
  • Options
    I left on 62 mins last season v Oxford (earliest ever).
    Hoping tomorrow I'll be celebrating at the end.
    Quite honestly nothing would surprise me tomorrow.
    (Apart from Aneke being on the bench).
    Be ashamed.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I’m ill today, but hoping to recover in time to drive. Anyone know if it’s still possible to park near the Anchor & Hope?

Edit: Wife has tested positive for Covid, but I’m negative. Similar symptoms, so I’m giving it a miss. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3-1 up at 90 minutes, concede 2 goals during the 8 minutes of added time 

3-3
  • Options
    Think it will be similar to most of our games so far. Just need to take our chances when we get them. Robinson seems to do well against us though 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Why didn’t Wollacott play last week? 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Valley11 said:
    Why didn’t Wollacott play last week? 
    International duty. Was playing for Ghana. We’ll be without him again in November when the World Cup starts.
  • Options
    COYR

Let's at least get a win to paper over the cracks and give some hope of getting something from this season 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m ill today, but hoping to recover in time to drive. Anyone know if it’s still possible to park near the Anchor & Hope?

Edit: Wife has tested positive for Covid, but I’m negative. Similar symptoms, so I’m giving it a miss. 
    I'm feeling pretty under the weather (heavy cold rather than Covid)

In other circumstances I might have gone (and spread my germs everywhere), but with the train strike and general feelings of apathy, I'll watch from Paris instead. Especially when we have FOUR more home matches this month.

• Options
    I fancy a Desmond today :)
  • Options
    As hard as it has been to do it, as I mentioned previously on a couple of threads last weekend, I've stayed up here in Leicestershire, despite being a ST holder, and not travelling down. Saved on fuel and my time, which sums up where I am with this current set up. 
    I hope we will win and win well, that may induce me to start attending again, but for now I'm staying put and hoping for a 3-0 victory.
  • Options
    Got a few pals in the away end who were very respectful after the 4-0 last season. I would like to be able to return the favour today
  • Options
    Start of a big month.  If we end it 6 points off the play offs the mood could start to brighten somewhat.  If we end it 3 points above the relegation zone I dread to think.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not going today decided not to use ST watching Chesterfield instead. If things don’t improve it will remain this way. I bought into Sandagaard but his pig headedness has lost my trust completely.
  • Options
    Dull single goal win but when you’re this shit we’ll take what we’re given .

I think you're onto something with the booing Morts. Start early, drowning out that bilge of a song before kick off, and sustain it until a four goal margin opens up. And if it get's to more than 0-4 down, go home 😎
  • Options
    3-1 to CAFC Gobby has tons to say for himself in the post match presser. Stockley scores from open play shocker…
  • Options
    The best we can hope is a  2-2 draw. Our players look shot of confidence and skill.
  • Options
    Can't make the game, come down with flu, not covid again fortunately. Will have to delay my appearance until the Exeter game now. Gutted 
  • Options
    Always discuss our predictions in the car on the way to the match. Normally we both go for a Charlton win whether it really seems likely or not. Today is the first time I can remember when we've both predicted a defeat. "Can't see where the goals are coming from" seemed to be the most salient comment.
  • Options

Charlton: Wallocott; Lavelle, Inniss, O’Connell; Egbo, Dobson, Fraser, Sessegnon; Rak-Sakyi, Stockley (c), Payne

Substitutes: MacGillivray, Thomas, Chin, McGrandles, Jaiyesimi, Kirk, Leaburn

• Options
    Going 3-4-3 today I would guess?
  • Options
    No CBT. Assume he was the un-named injury 
  • Options
    No CBT. Assume he was the un-named injury 
    Or Clare