Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Portsmouth | Monday 17th October 2022 - 8pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    I would go with Payne to replace Leaburn and play him just off Stockley. Hope it’s not Morgan as we need a goal threat to replace Leaburn 
  • Options
    One of the very few appealing fixtures of this season so I will be attending with Mrs G. 

Just looked at the Pompey stats and they have only lost once this season, so it will be very tough, particularly without Leaburn and the curse of Sky coverage. 

Hope for a draw but fear a 1-3 defeat and back to the doom and gloom. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Zero chance we win this, though I do admire the optimism on here!
  • Options
    I reckon a decent performance and a point. Less confident without Leaburn though.
  • Options
    I’d like to see CBT playing upfront alongside Stockley, even though he’s been off form and he can’t hit a cows arse with a banjo his pace is something you need on the pitch
  • Options
    I just cant see anything but a loss here tbh. Pompey have started the season pretty well and ours hasnt really started yet apart from the occasional glimpse. Those of you calling for Morgan to start! When will you ever learn ? 🤭 

I'm hoping we stick with 2 upfront but who will partner Stockley is anyone's guess. I personally would give Kanu a go, nothing too lose and perhaps something to gain
  • Options
    Your correct Leuth ofcourse we shouldn't be scared of them but I cant see us scoring enough goals to get anything out of the game as I think they will score atleast twice. Noway I can see whatever attack we can put out scores 3 or more
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    AndyG said:
    I just cant see anything but a loss here tbh. Pompey have started the season pretty well and ours hasnt really started yet apart from the occasional glimpse. Those of you calling for Morgan to start! When will you ever learn ? 🤭 

I'm hoping we stick with 2 upfront but who will partner Stockley is anyone's guess. I personally would give Kanu a go, nothing too lose and perhaps something to gain
    I’d stick DJ up front with Stockley and tell DJ to keep within 5 yards from him at all times if he doesn’t actually have the ball at his feet. Stockley to win the ball and DJ to support him and cause havoc with the opposition defence from a central position. If nothing else it will be worth a few free kicks around the box and more likely a penalty, or two. Those two together will tie up at least 3 defenders and create a gap on one wing or the other. 

Tricky Riki on one wing and Kirk on the other with Instructions to everybody that they all have to pass at least 7 times to each of the two wingers in the game.
  • Options
    DJ is injured. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    COYR
  • Options
    4,3,3, they have played that system well but the front three are not goal scorers so that's cost them when they have been dominant. No way can Garner risk starting Chuks, as an impact sub he's probably the best in the division and could provide the finish that Stockley, Kirk, RS struggle to provide.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    4-3-3 to start with and hope for a bit of luck. We seem to do better against the better sides so competing is everything for tomorrow. No square pegs in round holes please!
  • Options
    Talal said:
    DJ is injured. 
    And not very good
  • Options
    Set up solid and hard to break down... get to 70 mins at 0-0 and bring Chuks, CBT and Raksakyi on for the win

Wolacott 

Egbo
    Innis 
    O Connell
    Sessegnon

Dobson
    McGrandles 

Clare 
    Fraser
    Morgan 

Stockley 

Subs: Aneke, Raksakyi, CBT, Payne, Thomas, Chin, Kanu 

• Options
    Referee Dean Whitehouse has been demoted to League One this weekend.

It’s after he gave a controversial penalty in the Hull v Bristol City game.

Guess who the ref is tomorrow ?????
  • Options

He isn't the referee now. John Busby is who did our game a few weeks ago againt Forest Green.
  • Options
    Feel more comfortable playing Portsmouth than a lowly team who have nothing to lose … 

Question about the side and system tomorrow expect a change given Leaburn injury and Aneke not ready to start , or would we be brave enough to stick Kanu up top with Stockley ?
    I think we should go with a 4141 system tomorrow crowd the mid and push Fraser and Payne forward to help Stockley , on the wings Kirk and CBT .. Raki might be more of an assist coming on , could even use Clare as a wideman tomorrow there are options ??

• Options

Mary Whitehouse 
  • Options

Dave “kid” Jensen
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Back to 4-3-3 with the front 3 being CBT, Stockley & JRS. Anything else is madness as we have only really played this formation (with these players) or 4-4-2, with Stockley & Leaburn.....and he is now out for 2 months. Cant start with Aneke either so we have to go back to what we've been doing in training since July. I would love to try someone else up alongside Stockley but none of our midfielders are good enough to take a chance if it fell to them (apart from one of the aforementioned front 3). 

This is a pivotal game - win it and we are looking up at the top 6. Lose it & we could be sucked back down amongst the dead men.

Sadly I feel this game will be win & lost with the strikers. They have better ones than us.

1-3.
  • Options
    No idea what system Garner will go for ,  it just have a feeling we won't lose 😉 👍
  • Options
    BTTV teams 30 years on, 1-0 to the Addicks
  • Options
    Lets hope the win last week will give us some momentum. This should be a good game and a win would be huge. Pompey look better this season and Bishop is their dangerman. But then Curtis always seems to score at the Covered End and gives it to our fans. Stockley will pull ut back, 1-1.
  • Options
    I’ve been to four games at the Valley thus season. Derby, Plymouth, Cambridge and Exeter. So, I haven’t see us lose. Sadly, work prevents me from attending tomorrow so I’m predicting a lose 😭
  • Options
    Agreed , they have a shit manager and we have the much sought after son of Pep
  • Options
    Missing my first home game at the Valley due to the Covids.  

Watching Charlton on TV is like being in the dentist waiting room for me,  I'm somehow responsible for the outcome - but I will see it through - due to my sense of duty.   

When we lose I'll have to put my hand up.  Sorry, but we're going down 0 2 and it's all my fault.  :'(    
  • Options
    Tough game and they are decent, their only defeat was at Ipswich and were held at home by Fleetwood but have games in hand so their position is a bit false. Cant see us getting anything out of this so 0-2 defeat.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    We do have to remember two things. Pompey are a League One side and League One is not brilliant. Yes, we are a League One side and not a great one at that but we do seem to improve against the better league one sides so I think it is reasonable to expect a close game unless Garner tries something off the wall which probably won't work.