Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Portsmouth | Monday 17th October 2022 - 8pm KO | Match Preview

1235»

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2022
    mendonca said:
    Interesting no CB on the bench, especially with Innis's injury record. 
    Assume Clare cover all positions in the back line 
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    mendonca said:
    Assume Carey cover all positions in the back line 
    Jim!
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    ross1 said:
    mendonca said:
    Jim!
    That’s frightening 😱
  • Options
    Blimey looking at what is in front of him, Dobson is going to be very busy
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Leuth said:
    With Kanu not making it into the squad tonight I'll guess....

The 442, Rak-Sakyi up alongside Stockley, Kirk and CBT on the wings, Tyreece Campbell on the bench. 

A meh, 1-0, which is fine.
    A win, in these circumstances, would be 'meh' and 'fine'?

Yesterday, one of the best EPL games I've ever seen took place. It finished in a 1-0 home win. Meh

Because "Garnerball", 1 and a half strikers, and not being very convincing all season is probably why I said a meh win is fine. 

Which is the circumstances you mentioned, which you know is what I mean. But, ya know, "Leuth" innit. 
  • Options
    thecat said:
    Blimey looking at what is in front of him, Dobson is going to be very busy
    It's how we've set up for the last 2 games. Today will be a bigger test for Fraser in the engine room ...
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    mendonca said:
    ross1 said:
    mendonca said:
    Jim!
    That’s frightening 😱
    Smoking !
  • Options
    what’s happened to D J that s he injured 
  • Options
    what’s happened to D J that s he injured 
    Injured early in the pizza game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1-3

found that in my drafts, doesn’t seem to have aged well
  • Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Leuth said:
    Anyway, the match will finish 4-3 to Portsmouth. After we score in the 5th minute through an angled finish from Scott Fraser through the defender's legs, they will race into a 3-1 lead after 24 minutes, during which time Inniss and Egbo will also receive cautions. An own-goal in the 37th minute will bring it back to 3-2, before a poor miss from JRS in the 44th. Portsmouth will extend their lead with 21 minutes remaining through a free-kick conceded through handball, and an 89th minute strike from, you guessed it, Conor McGrandles, latching onto a loose ball from 17 yards out, will lead to a frantic period of injury time, during which EOC and Dobson will be booked, but no further goals will accrue. We go home somewhat entertained but disappointed, and Fraser wins Player Marks with a total of 7.38
    No way Fraser deserved that. His lack of tracking back will have led to one, and arguably two, of the first three goals, and he will get no credit for the goal because it will get a slight nick, making any chat around goal of the season cause a barney on here. Mainly gets this mark because Ronnie scores him 10. Referee will be a total clown and should be called out on every thread, foul will be given against Stockley every time the ball goes forward, and you missed Aneke's yellow for someone bouncing off him as he stood still. Still, your review left me less glum than any of those I've read after many of the games this year. 
    THE PROPHECY...IS FULFILLED 
  • Options
    No way a tin pot team like Pompey leave The Fortress Valley with anything other than a hiding.  4-1 Charlton, we head towards play offs.
    6 people Lol'd me but I got the goal difference right. Easy win, play offs beckon.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Just a suggestion (and not a dig) that maybe a note "Live on Sky" on the match preview could be useful for some.
    Good idea. Monday night matches are always Sky matches I believe, ‘but not a lot of people know that’. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Jonniesta said:
    Leuth said:
    Anyway, the match will finish 4-3 to Portsmouth. After we score in the 5th minute through an angled finish from Scott Fraser through the defender's legs, they will race into a 3-1 lead after 24 minutes, during which time Inniss and Egbo will also receive cautions. An own-goal in the 37th minute will bring it back to 3-2, before a poor miss from JRS in the 44th. Portsmouth will extend their lead with 21 minutes remaining through a free-kick conceded through handball, and an 89th minute strike from, you guessed it, Conor McGrandles, latching onto a loose ball from 17 yards out, will lead to a frantic period of injury time, during which EOC and Dobson will be booked, but no further goals will accrue. We go home somewhat entertained but disappointed, and Fraser wins Player Marks with a total of 7.38
    No way Fraser deserved that. His lack of tracking back will have led to one, and arguably two, of the first three goals, and he will get no credit for the goal because it will get a slight nick, making any chat around goal of the season cause a barney on here. Mainly gets this mark because Ronnie scores him 10. Referee will be a total clown and should be called out on every thread, foul will be given against Stockley every time the ball goes forward, and you missed Aneke's yellow for someone bouncing off him as he stood still. Still, your review left me less glum than any of those I've read after many of the games this year. 
    THE PROPHECY...IS FULFILLED 
    Spot on!
    Apart for the four goals for Portsmouth. 
    🙂
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Zero chance we win this, though I do admire the optimism on here!
    You were saying.🤭
  • Options
    Don't fancy our chances without Leaburn, so I've backed Pompey.
    You can thank me later when celebrating our fantastic win. 
    Always works.