Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

T20 World Cup 2022

Comments

• I genuinely believe we weren’t on D/L watch till it was too late 
    Jos just rubbished that,  they bowled so they knew what to do when batting second with D/L … just pony 
    Indeed - Buttler "we had everything in our favour, winning the toss and electing to field knowing that weather was around and we didn't take advantage of that"

The DLS is displayed the whole time. As Morgan says, the boundaries are massive which means that 1s, 2s and 3s are the order of the day. Not block or smash. It's the sort of situation that Root would have excelled at.
  • Poor bowling early on, then turgid batting when rain is in the air and you need to keep up with the DLS scores.
  • Our own fault, not a great performance and were on the back foot. Could end up helping with NRR potentially? assuming it comes into play, rather than if we had lost. I know Ali did well but still a tall order to come back from then, we must win next so hopefully the real England turn up! 
    And that's the thing we will be up for the Aussie match. We weren't for this. But losing this game and taking 18.1 overs to reach 113 against Afghanistan really hasn't done us any favours.
  • edited October 2022
    Ridiculous that Moeen and/or Livingstone didn't come in earlier with us behind the D/L & rain coming. 

Just awful captaincy by Jos & awful game management by the batsmen. 

The par score is right there on the big screen FFS
  • We've now played four T20Is at the MCG and lost all four!
  • Atherton "maybe these bowling conditions will enable the class players as opposed to the biffers to come to the fore. Possibly Smith will come in for Australia, Kohli showed it for India and New Zealand have Williamson". 

If only we had someone like that.
  • Atherton "maybe these bowling conditions will enable the class players as opposed to the biffers to come to the fore. Possibly Smith will come in for Australia, Kohli showed it for India and New Zealand have Williamson". 

If only we had someone like that.
    Especially as it's an October world cup, so not the Aussie conditions we're used to, with rock hard, flat pitches and a baking sun
  • New Zealand vs Afghanistan looks like being washed out 
  • Makes Eng v Aus very interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Malan should be dropped. Too slow accumulating runs. 

And we should try batting first. Scoreboard pressure & play to your strengths. Set a total that puts the opposition under pressure from ball 1. What's happened to all the 200+ scores ? 
  • Hoping we can turn it around on Friday against the old enemy. If not I might not bother going in to work on Monday (I'm in Perth, WA) for all the grief I'll get. lol
  • Not a bad partnership for SA. de Kock and Roussow put on 163 in 13 overs!
  • South Africa look a decent batting and bowling unit but we all know what happens when they get to the latter stages.....
  • Can England still qualify with 2 wins, or will they have to win all 3 remaining games?
  • Karthik is one of the worst keepers in world cricket. He gets the gig purely on the back of the fact that he opens but the number of drops and missed stumpings he makes is ridiculously high.
  • Can England still qualify with 2 wins, or will they have to win all 3 remaining games?
    We could, in theory, but to do so we would have to improve our NRR and those two wins would almost certainly have to be against Australia and Sri Lanka
  • Karthik is one of the worst keepers in world cricket. He gets the gig purely on the back of the fact that he opens but the number of drops and missed stumpings he makes is ridiculously high.

Think DK is a better pundit than he is a keeper. 
  • After a long lean spell, Kohli seems to have rediscovered his form in this tournament.
  • A bit careless of Zimbabwe. They've gone from 95-3 off 13.4 to 95-7 off 14.4
  • Sponsored links:

• Nawaz goes from bowling a full 4 over spell including that vital over against India to not bowling a single ball in this game.
  • Pakistan making hard work of chasing 131

Currently 94-6 and needing 37 off 28 with two new batsmen at the crease
  • 29 off 18 needed
  • 11 needed off the last over
  • Wicket!!!!

3 off 1