Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Portsmouth | Monday 17th October 2022

Comments

• Options
    Great strike from JRS, brings a good save and a corner, should be 3-0
  • Options
    Inniss gets done for pushing over his marker from the corner, so Pompey have a free kick in their area.
  • Options
    Fraser gets tripped about 10 yards out from our area, so we a have a free kick which Wollacott will take.
  • Options
    Another Corner. 3 added.
  • Options
    What game is this useless commentary team watching..."not a lot going on in this game regarding chances" ffs
  • Options
    Kirk wins the ball in the air, it goes wide to Sessegnon who wins us  corner from the left.
  • Options
    CBT.

On the wrong wing. On the wrong foot. Cant cross. 
  • Options
    Great pressure 
  • Options
    Fraser takes, it goes long and Pompey head it away wide. We cross in again, and it comes to CBT who runs along the goal line, but a dodgy touch means Pompey can clear.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    R. Leko seriously mate...
  • Options
    HT 2-0
  • Options
    2-0 Half Time. So far so good, need to keep pushing 2nd Half.
  • Options
    Accurate balls in to the box.
    People actually in the box to get on the end of em.
    Heads looking up.
    Small improvements from just about every player on the pitch.

And we've got what looks like a team that might actually be able to creep up this league, IF they can keep it consistent......

• Options
    Ooh, looked like a foul on Dobbo near the edge of their area, but the ref doesn't give it. JRS comes into the area, but Pompey nick possession back. Dobbo makes a tactical foul a fey yards behind the cenrtre circle so now they have a free kick.
  • Options
    Only complaint is that we should have really got a 3rd with the last 5 mins of pressure. 

But got to be happy with 2-0
  • Options

HT 2-0 more of the same second half please..
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Portsmouth only defeat so far this season was a 3-2 away at Ipswich.

They are not used to being in this position.
  • Options
    WOW!! - Great half of Football lads

Long way to go yet but we've made a team in the Play-Offs look toothless
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pompey come forward but then they lose possession on the line, and Sessegnon clears, but only as far as another Pompey player. Luckily the line flags for offside as they play the ball forward, and now it's half time.
  • Options
    Top half that, we’ve been absolutely on it.

They’ve clearly got some talent in their squad, and I want another goal, but I’m surprised how poor Portsmouth were that half. 

Spent much of it just hitting long balls, and anytime they tried to play from the back we just pressed them and forced the mistake. 
  • Options
    Only real negative is that it's only 2 nil. Should really be 3 nil, wasted some good opportunities in their box
  • Options
    So good to hear the booing from the away end... :D
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Lets not forget... we've still got a cheat code to call off the bench.

Pompey's defence hasn't looked anything special - Aneke could bully that lot

Stockley as a player that drops deeper than the wide players, and sets them on their way, is excellent when it works for him
  • Options
    So good to hear the booing from the away end... :D
    I thought our fans had got a bit confused for a moment ;)
  • Options
    Best I have seen Kirk play, good decision to play him up front
  • Options
    Top half that, we’ve been absolutely on it.

They’ve clearly got some talent in their squad, and I want another goal, but I’m surprised how poor Portsmouth were that half. 

Spent much of it just hitting long balls, and anytime they tried to play from the back we just pressed them and forced the mistake. 
    Thats the Cowley way.
  • Options
    Who needs strikers. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!