Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town | Saturday 29th October 2022

Comments

• Options
    They’ve kinda telegraphed scoring since about the 10th minute.  Felt kind of inevitable.  2 teams of significantly different quality out there.

• Options
    Inevitable 
  • Options
    Agree with Brownie there, Morgan left to pick up an absolute unit in comparison to himself. Poor that.
  • Options
    Lets go never mind the bollocks 
  • Options
    Can’t remember the last time Kirk or Rak-Saki touched the ball
  • Options
    Lavelle is an awful footballer
  • Options
    1. 45'+5'

Post update

Foul by Sam Morsy (Ipswich Town).

2. 45'+5'

Post update

Jesurun Rak-Sakyi (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options

• Options
    Not going to whine if we lose this one. Two injuries to defenders is just shit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure who the ball came off for the corner that led to the goal. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Take Morgan (why did he even come on?) back off at halftime and Kirk. Aneke up next to Stockley, CBT down the left, stop trying to pretend JRS is a centre forward and put him back on the wing. 
  • Options
    Season over if those two injuries are bad
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    HT 0-1, Ipswich are very ordinary, and somehow have the lead, must be said against the play, and as a result of two bad injuries to pivotal men...oh and a shit ref
  • Options
    90% of our movement is sideways or backwards - not only is it dull as dishwater to watch, but we don’t have the skill to execute this modern day tippy-tappy stuff.
  • Options
    Injuries + suspensions basically killed any chance we had today. 

We know outside of the first eleven our 'reserves' are very poor. Made the difference today. 
  • Options
    That was coming for the last 25 minutes. We looked shot.
    I think there's a typo in the last word.
  • Options
    I dont think we've been too bad but 2 injuries and fucking god awful ref won't help.

Bringing Morgan on for that role is mind boggling.
  • Options
    If only we lived in a world where Aneke could start the second half.

Id take Morgan off, move Rak-Sayki to right wing.

But it’s never going to happen because Aneke is to fragile, and there lies the problem. What’s the point in having an ‘impact’ player when he can’t come and make that impact when you really need him.

I expect O’Connell and Egbo will be out for a good while as well. Just proper depressing stuff. Ipswich were already better than us, and now that gulf in class will only got bigger with those injuries. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why are we we playing Stockley up front on his own again match lost unless we get someone next to Stockley again. We cannot play 433 why have we gone back to it.
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Tough to see us getting back into this.

We've got no penetration. It's sideways and backwards. Occasionally we create an overlap but it fizzles into nothing. Just like the Dons match. That high line that opposition teams are keeping has clocked us and Stockley is sub-zero threat. Rak-Saki is wasted up top today, can't get our best player on the ball.
  • Options
    Toothless
  • Options
    Like Tuesday night I'll give Garner some half time ideas.

Bring on Aneke & CBT and fucking goal for goal.
  • Options
    Well that went about as bad as you could hope. Awful ref. Two injuries. And a goal conceded in injury time.

We may have had a lot of possession but it is breaking down as soon as we try to get forward.

Morgan and Kirk are anonymous. Rak Sakyi too and Stockley bereft of service. 

With a makeshift defence it might be good to come away with a narrow defeat. We could try shooting occasionally if we can get forward. 

It might be good to get Chuks and CBT on before the game is dead... otherwise save them for another day.
  • Options
    It’s kids playing against men, our players need find some balls and show some aggression. Bunch of fairies that first half.
  • Options
    Game over. 
    Sure a match lasts 90 minutes...🤷‍♂️
    I’ve watched 1,000s of Charlton games. I’ve seen the pattern of this match 100s of times. Especially in the last 3 or 4 seasons. That experience tells me we are very unlikely to come back into this match in my opinion. Very much hope I’m wrong, but anyone who has watched us for any period of time has seen this before. 
  • Options
    All done
     routine win for Ipswich against the history making failures at Charlton 
  • Options
    Why are we we playing Stockley up front on his own again match lost unless we get someone next to Stockley again. We cannot play 433 why have we gone back to it.
    We’re not, it’s 4-4-2.
  • Options
    Not had a shot on goal have we? 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!