Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Ipswich Town | Saturday 29th October 2022

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Not going to whine if we lose this one. Two injuries to defenders is just shit. 
    Exactly. It won’t stop the usuals having a meltdown though. It was a game that was going to be hard anyway, never mind when your ‘settled’ back line gets torn apart by suspensions and injuries.

Just try and stay in this one and nick a draw (won’t happen). And then go on another 3-4 game winning streak against bottom half teams and we will still be in contention - fuck those 4/5 games up though and it really will be season over. 

• Options
    Clear up any formation confusion. We started 4-4-2 with Egbo at right midfield and we finished the half 4-4-2 with Morgan at right midfield.
  • Options
    Devoid of ideas. We need more pace in the side. 
    Losing to Ipswich isn’t a bad thing but let’s have a go at least. 
  • Options
    Browny classic "Nice to see the Jimmy Seed Stand Full"...🤷‍♂️
    Would you rather see it empty … 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Holding our own until Egbo went off. Morgan brought nothing to the game and Kirk is an embarassment on the other wing. Meanwhile not one single shot in the first half for the second game running.
    The areas most of us knew were weak because of the screwed recruitment, centre back, left back and strikers, have all been exposed this week. 
    God help us now. Thankfully no more league games for a while at least while Garner works out which round pegs to put in which square holes.
  • Options
    Clear up any formation confusion. We started 4-4-2 with Egbo at right midfield and we finished the half 4-4-2 with Morgan at right midfield.
    We definitely started with 5 at the back. 
  • Options
    Toothless in attack. No creative spark, we've not threatened at all 

I have more sympathy for the defensive errors for their goal though. Losing the main CB would affect any team.

Very concerned for O'Connell , a knee injury I imagine, and a bad one.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Can’t remember the last time Kirk or Rak-Saki touched the ball
    We carry these two most weeks, Kirk is jank and RS is a kid learning his trade, to much pressure on the kid where the owner and fans expect no less than top six.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That is not 442 who is next to stockley there’s no one near him 
  • Options
    Scrappy bloody awful game of football which we will not win.

Stockley has been particularly poor and Raki Saki has not received one pass to his feet. 

As for bloody Kirk..
  • Options
    No we didnt... We started with Egbo @ RB and Clare at RM
  • Options
    We rested Sess on Tues night as this was the harder game. We lost that one & we'll lose this one.

Should always put out you're strongest team. 
  • Options
    Why are we we playing Stockley up front on his own again match lost unless we get someone next to Stockley again. We cannot play 433 why have we gone back to it.
    We're 4-4-2

Wollacott
    Clare - Lavelle - Thomas - Sessegnon
    Morgan - Dobson - Fraser - Kirk
    Rak-Leko - Stockley
  • Options
    Is that @Leuth doing the cross-beer challenge?
  • Options
    Great flicks by stockley to f!&king nobody , he can’t kick a ball cleanly and can’t run . Why is he skipper and why is he playing 
  • Options
    Not had a shot on goal have we? 
    Had one in the first minute, just debatable if it was on target as Walton passed to Stockley who had a weak effort which was comfortably saved
  • Options
    Crossbeer Challenge.

I think that sums us up today.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Siri, give me a succinct visual metaphor for Charlton Athletic FC
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Lols
  • Options
    Hahaha!
    Icelandic bloke in the center circle giving the Ipswich fans the wanker sign before falling over.
    Best entertainment of the day!
  • Options
    Like Tuesday night I'll give Garner some half time ideas.

Bring on Aneke & CBT and fucking goal for goal.
    I'm amazed he doesn't bring you in to do the half time team talk for him with that sort of clear and coherent messaging.
  • Options
    No we didn't. Egbo was right wing in front of Clare
  • Options
    What is it about Scandinavians? Show up the Valley, give it the big one in the centre circle, fall on your arse. 
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Game over. 
    Sure a match lasts 90 minutes...🤷‍♂️
    I’ve watched 1,000s of Charlton games. I’ve seen the pattern of this match 100s of times. Especially in the last 3 or 4 seasons. That experience tells me we are very unlikely to come back into this match in my opinion. Very much hope I’m wrong, but anyone who has watched us for any period of time has seen this before. 
    It was a rhetorical statement ffs, I have seen 1000's of games as well,and have as much experience as the last man, so don't preach to me mate..
  • Options
    No we didnt... We started with Egbo @ RB and Clare at RM
    Other way round
  • Options
    Crossbeer Challenge.

I think that sums us up today.
    What happened to first team members taking it?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Thought it was Stockley
  • Options
    We rested Sess on Tues night as this was the harder game. We lost that one & we'll lose this one.

Should always put out you're strongest team. 
    We have no conditioning coach - So we have to rest players occasionally and where possible, otherwise we'll have even more examples of Egbo | O'Connell
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!