Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Own up, who left??

124»

Comments

• Options
    Acab said:
    I left Huddersfield game at 1-5 in 1957. With 60,000
    for those interested I Just received an email from my Norwich city supporting brother in law.
    He did a follow-up on the 1957 game and discovered that in the Huddersfield side were: 

Sandy Kennon – NCFC legend from 1959 Cup run and all-round contributor to Norfolk life for next 40 years (cricketer for Ingham and NCCC, light opera singer and bookmaker in Stalham!!) – met him a couple of times and found him a very nice man; sadly, suffered from Alzheimer’s in later years

Ray Wilson – World Cup 1966 etc

Ken Taylor – Yorkshire and England cricketer and, after retiring from professional sport, Art teacher at Gresham’s for 30 years

Bill McGarry – later manager of Ipswich

Not star-studded but an interesting collection of characters!

Managed by Bill Shankley.
  • Options
    Acab said:
    I left Huddersfield game at 1-5 in 1957. With 60,000
    for those interested I Just received an email from my Norwich city supporting brother in law.
    He did a follow-up on the 1957 game and discovered that in the Huddersfield side were: 

Sandy Kennon – NCFC legend from 1959 Cup run and all-round contributor to Norfolk life for next 40 years (cricketer for Ingham and NCCC, light opera singer and bookmaker in Stalham!!) – met him a couple of times and found him a very nice man; sadly, suffered from Alzheimer’s in later years

Ray Wilson – World Cup 1966 etc

Ken Taylor – Yorkshire and England cricketer and, after retiring from professional sport, Art teacher at Gresham’s for 30 years

Bill McGarry – later manager of Ipswich

Not star-studded but an interesting collection of characters!

Managed by Bill Shankley.
    Sorry hadn't read that far down. Already stated about Shankly. 
  • Options
    On holiday in Italy so watched on Charlton TV legally. Actually declined opportunity to go Napoli vs Fiorentina to watch the mighty reds - so glad I did and necking beers outside throughout added to the extraordinary game!
  • Options
    left at 3-2
  • Options
    I put me jacket on....but didn't leave.
    As someone said strange things sometimes happen
  • Options
    Came up on the coach to Victoria and found their was no District or Circle Line service from Victoria tube.
    Told my son we would need to leave the game sharp to make sure we got on the platform for the Lewisham train where we could pick up the Bexleyheath line train to Victoria.
    So yeh, we left at 2-4 down to beat the rush and thinking it was all over.
    Fecking gutted, coz I actually hate leaving games early and always used to get really annoyed with people who did it when I was younger.
    But then it was a lot easier living in Abbey Wood than it is getting back to Dorset.
    PS My son still wants to kill me
  • Options
    Having watched the extra time video above I reckon I didn't get up to leave until 95 minutes and 33 seconds of the 96 minutes allocated. And I still missed two goals.

Feel delighted and cheated at the same time.
  • Options
    I feel entirely vindicated for staying to the end (as far as I can remember) for every game I've attended! :smiley: I do feel a bit bad for the certain someone sat near me that left the game when we went 0-2 down...

Lost my voice shouting at that terribad ref and cheering for Garner when he got sent off. Even if we end up having an average season, this game will stay in the memory for a while.
  • Options
    Can't wait for Coalville on Saturday!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dad and I stayed to the end:

My brother and nephew left after Dipswich's fourth 🤣.
  • Options
    I didn’t leave because I didn’t go. If I had been there, I probably would have left at 3-2. The reason I didn’t go is because it was the FPO’s birthday weekend and I promised her she could do what she wanted and she didn’t want to go to Charlton. I was following on Twitter and the notifications on my watch were going mad … ping, ping ping. It got to the point where I was told, in no uncertain terms, to switch off the notifications. 

We went for some grub at 4pm and I knew we were losing 1-0 at that point. The next time I checked, Morgan had just got the equaliser. Checked back at just after 5pm and saw the goal alert for Dobbo and I thought we’d won it 3-2 (fist pump moment). Wasn’t until I got home and checked to see the score and saw it was 4-4. Seems that I missed out 🙄
  • Options
    https://youtu.be/6WiPY_bWPoY

Goal build up from 11.30 a thing of pure beauty and ecstasy
    Glorious, beauty and a late winner as well, Christ what has it come to that I’d just be happy to play those tossers again let alone dream of beating them 
  • Options

Glorious, beauty and a late winner as well, Christ what has it come to that I’d just be happy to play those tossers again let alone dream of beating them 
    What was the attendance?
  • Options
    I’m glad me and my two sons stayed u til the end, not just for the goals, but to shout abuse to their number 4 for goading us after their 4th and their entire coaching team for celebrating like they’d won the league!!
  • Options
    I never leave early. Ever. Will stay just to boo the team off or to give the manager/ref/ballboys/whoever got my ire  a right earful.

One thing I will do in future though is not post on the match thread (as much) during the game. Missed Garner's antics as I was posting "see" after I predicted the 2nd goal once they had lined up the free kick. 

So I've learnt my lesson there. Penance will be served. 
  • Options

What was the attendance?
  • Options

What was the attendance?
    DOH ! 

That was just the away end ! 
  • Options
    I never leave early. Ever. Will stay just to boo the team off or to give the manager/ref/ballboys/whoever got my ire  a right earful.

One thing I will do in future though is not post on the match thread (as much) during the game. Missed Garner's antics as I was posting "see" after I predicted the 2nd goal once they had lined up the free kick. 

Suella, forget the immigrants. Get this fast tracked in law IMMEDIATELY 
  • Options

Suella, forget the immigrants. Get this fast tracked in law IMMEDIATELY 
    Didn't she shoot JR ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dad and I stayed to the end:

My brother and nephew left after Dipswich's fourth 🤣.
    For some reason, I expected you to be taller
  • Options

And that's after a 2-0 victory