Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Coalville Town | Saturday 5th November 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    These next 2 games will be important for January funds, get 50 to 100k for this game, potentially a big tie if we beat Stevenage.

• Options
    Slightly surprised this wasn’t selected for TV (Hereford v Pompey, South Shields v Forest Green are on the BBC).

Definitely understand the banana skin potential, but think that’s less likely at home. Should be a comfortable win, 4-1.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Slightly surprised this wasn’t selected for TV (Hereford v Pompey, South Shields v Forest Green are on the BBC).

Definitely understand the banana skin potential, but think that’s less likely at home. Should be a comfortable win, 4-1.
    Difference is, the Non-League team are at home in those games... They're not with us, Non-League team rarely gets TV coverage in that scenario. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Difference is, the Non-League team are at home in those games... They're not with us, Non-League team rarely gets TV coverage in that scenario. 
    Ah that makes sense. 
  • Options
    If Garner wants to convince Tommy to part with cash in January getting to the 3rd round might help a little. Assuming TS doesn't scam Garner and pay a bit off the debt.

FA Cup prize money - First Round to Final

November 2022

·         First round winners (40) - £41,000 per team

December 2022

·         Second round winners (20) - £67,000 per team

January 2022

·         Third round winners (32) - £105,000 per team

·         Fourth round winners (16) - £120,000 per team

February 2022

·         Fifth round winners (8) - £225,000 per team

March 2022

·         Quarter-final winners (4) - £450,000 per team

April 2022

·         Semi-final winners (2) - £1,000,000 per team

·         Semi-final losers (2) - £500,000 per team

May 2022

·         FA Cup final winner (1) - £2,000,000 per team

·         FA Cup final runners- up (1) - £1,000,000 per team

• Options
    I can see it now...................."Non-League Charlton Fan scores last minute winner to knock Charlton out shock!,"..........headline on page 34.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I watched Jake play for Hendon. He was a big part of our run to the Isthmian Premier play-off final, where we lost on penalties to Dulwich Hamlet. 

He played either right-back or centre midfield and I think started at West Ham. Very tidy player at Hendon but lost his way when he went to Hampton and Richmond. 
  • Options
    We are distributed in an unfamiliar way in home areas tomorrow so the usual singing group is diffused, however if there is a reaction to Coalville I hope it is with respect and graciousness…unless they have thug players trying to injure ours. Or thug fans getting at our fans.
    I can easily sponge up any put down chants from their support, I expect them and forgive them for that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    3-0 Addicks!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    It'll be Northwich all over again. 0-1 and we have Clare sent off for a mindless foul.
    Caught me by surprise there, Dazzler.

I expected you just to say 9-0 home defeat! :smiley:

• Options
    edited November 2022
    One of their players a huge fan of ours eh? Hmmm. In which case he can explain the lack of home interest in the tie. Wonder what goal celebration he's planning. A quick dash over to in front of directors box, shirt off to reveal "Sandgaard Out" emblazoned across his puffed out chest perhaps 😎

That won't happen, but I do hope he enjoys the occasion, as I'm sure the hoards making their way down from Coalville will. No need to extend him or them any charity though, so let's give the headline writers a day off and make sure we're in the hat for round 2. 
  • Options
    Charlton 0 - Coalville Town 3
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Awesome for the lad - Bizarre career / journey for him to end up in Leicestershire with Coalville though. 
  • Options
    Hope Jake scores in front of the Covered End!
    What a feeling that would be for him.
    I hope everyone has a great day 😁
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    We are distributed in an unfamiliar way in home areas tomorrow so the usual singing group is diffused, however if there is a reaction to Coalville I hope it is with respect and graciousness…unless they have thug players trying to injure ours. Or thug fans getting at our fans.
    I can easily sponge up any put down chants from their support, I expect them and forgive them for that.
    Yeah, and rail strikes tomorrow too.

I'm a committed singer, and bought a ticket for the match. 

I love these early rounds cup games, but no way I'm gonna cross a picket line. 
  • Options
    I’m still away but I would have gone to this, remember the first FA Cup plucky minnows I saw, Kettering at shithurst park. 
    Crap that it’s not streamable from overseas too
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    I’m still away but I would have gone to this, remember the first FA Cup plucky minnows I saw, Kettering at shithurst park. 
    Crap that it’s not streamable from overseas too
    Scroll back there is a stream. I'll be watching from Davao 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Be good if Jake gets a decent welcome. He’s one of us. What an experience for him. 
    Not with a haircut like that!
  • Options
    I’m sure Mr Eggleton has already warned all his mates about our wonderful cup record and attendance figures. :-)
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Awesome for the lad - Bizarre career / journey for him to end up in Leicestershire with Coalville though. 
    Went to/goes to Uni at Loughborough which is only a few miles from Coalville, assume that is why he plays there.
  • Options
    Love the early rounds. Reckon could see the underdog come through, so going Charlton 3-0 win
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Went to/goes to Uni at Loughborough which is only a few miles from Coalville, assume that is why he plays there.
    Impressive!
  • Options
    I would have gone to this, but have another commitment.

I think we will put out a strong team and take the cup seriously. The prize money for winning FA Cup games is not to be sniffed at. Also, if we win this and get a televised game in 2nd or 3rd round there is even more money. Surely it would be foolish to overlook that opportunity with our finances as they are? We also need to keep that winning mentality going.

It is a real shame for Coalville that the attendance looks like being so poor. i hope they enjoy their day out, but not too much!

Banana skin avoided this time I think, and comfortable home win predicted. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    It is - his dad plays for my vets team - great bloke and superfit - does the iron man stuff. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!