Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic vs Coalville Town | Saturday 5th November 2022 - 3pm KO | Match Preview

Comments

• Options
    Just realised reading that I sort of know Jake’s dad, and never knew he was a Charlton fan!

Really hope a lot of people change their mind and turn out. It's the FA Cup and we'll probably never play Coalville again. 
    Recent history and current priorities outweigh those as selling points in fans thinking. It's easier not to go, especially when live streaming is available. I'd hoped cheaper tickets would boost demand.

Why not buck the trend, turn up in numbers and show our Club at it's best whilst enjoying a Saturday afternoon goal fest instead of treating the FA Cup as little more than an inconvenience? 

Whatever fans justification for not going, it would be hard to explain away a home turnout of less than the number Coalville bring! Not that I believe that will happen though. I'm sure enough will want to be there for this unique cup tie against the mighty Ravens. 

Having learned there's a Charlton fan in their team changes my prediction.

We win  8-1, Attendance 5,891.
  • Options
    Just realised reading that I sort of know Jake’s dad, and never knew he was a Charlton fan!

Really hope a lot of people change their mind and turn out. It’s the FA Cup and we’ll probably never play Coalville again 
    Bet people were saying the same on CharltonLife in the 50s when we played Burton ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    clive said:
    In that case I might go. Anyone know if there's a surcharge if you pay on the day|?
  • Options
    It's a big day out for them , it's not a love in. I hope they earn a few bob and enjoy the day , but go home out of the cup. I will be there and hopefully there is a reasonable crowd.

Love in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Scoham said:
    Awesome for the lad - Bizarre career / journey for him to end up in Leicestershire with Coalville though. 
    Went to/goes to Uni at Loughborough which is only a few miles from Coalville, assume that is why he plays there.
    It is - his dad plays for my vets team - great bloke and superfit - does the iron man stuff. 
    Pretty sure Jake's dad used to come regularly to Hendon to watch, accompanied by the family dog. 
  • Options
    Looking fwd to this, FA cup is great and this is a great tie. 3-0 to the Addicks, they are so far down the pyramid it should be fine.
  • Options
    In case you can’t go and you have access, you can watch it here:

English FA Cup - 1st Round Proper
    Can someone explain, simply, how I watch it here?
  • Options

Can someone explain, simply, how I watch it here?
    There will probably be streaming links posted on the Match Thread tomorrow, as we get closer to Kick-Off
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I've contacted my mate and said I hope that he and his team have a great day out, enjoy the hotel and playing at the stadium,  but they lose....so far no response! 
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Let 'em enjoy their day out at THE VALLEY, home of the greatest club in South London, play on the hallowed turf, even have a beer with our great team in the bar afterwards,.. they are gonna lose, hopefully we don't embarrass them too much, 3 or 4 nil will do, maybe give them a consolation goal but hey let them enjoy the day out, and wish them well on their journey home empty handed, nice enough..👍
  • Options
    @lancashire lad you need to have an IPTV (internet protocol tv) system which can unscramble the US ESPN+ channels which are showing the Charlton v Coalville game live with English commentary.
  • Options
    It'll be very interesting what team we put out. Yes we want to rest players for Tuesday and the league, but there are players who will benefit from minutes and hopefully some goals.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    seth plum said:
    Any non Charlton fan who doesn’t want Coalville to win either has no soul or bears a grudge.
    Or they're an Ashby-de-la-Zouch supporter
    Isn't that the name of the lead singer with Rage Against The Machine?! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NabySarr said:
    Suspect Aneke will almost certainly be on the bench.

Garner will want him up his sleeve if we look like being on the end of one of our usual cup upsets.
    Aneke off the bench against tiring part timers, could be carnage! 
    Yes we don’t want Chuks to get injured again
  • Options
    clive said:
    There goes the main excuse for todays poor attendance 
  • Options
    Are there any streams today?
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Are there any streams today?
    Here you go mate courtesy of Justin;

• Options
    My son & I will be attending this, as watching the mighty Ravens has been a life long ambition of mine...........
  • Options
    Having my first mug of tea of the day, looking forward to schlepping down the Valley for THE BIG ONE.
    Route into Europe guys.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    So if the FA Cup's been going for about 150 years, we last won it 75 years ago, and these things go in cycles, aren't we about due this year 🤣 There's nothing like being there at the start and throughout a successful cup run with the draw favouring us and a manager taking it seriously too, intent on fielding a winning team.

I presume those going to the game will get preferential treatment along with ST holders on future ticket allocation should we get a plum away draw in later round, so it makes sense to go if at all possible rather than watch on a stream. The tickets are relatively cheap.

If Coalville fans end up taunting ours with chants about how poor our support is, it will be because they have good reason to on seeing masses of empty seats with home fans choosing not to go, but it's in our gift to prove them wrong. 
  • Options
    If you go on you tub it is possible to see clips of previous Coalville games.
    They’re not afraid of the 20 yard (or so) shot.
    We ought to be mindful of that.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!